Would increased atmosphere heights improve the aero model?

Okay. A lot of different opinions and preferences have been expressed recently over the 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.0.2 aero issues).

I have read on a few occasions that one of the limitations is due to the size of the planets being quite small, so and as the atmospheres are in scale (more or less) they too are very thin (in height not soupiness).

Given that making the planets themselves bigger would probably not be am option would making the atmospheres reach higher altitudes offer the opportunity to achieve a similar effect?

If they were higher by say 50% kerbin's would be about 105 km high. Orbital speeds would change and there would be half as much again to fall through giving more time for heat to take effect. Also if the density at sea level stayed as is then the change in density with altitude would be more gradual.

What do you think? Is my thinking viable? Would it work? What have I not thought about?

The atmosphere is already quite a bit thicker than in .90. The total height didn't change, but the falloff in pressure and density is lower, so at 40km there's over twice as much pressure as in .90.

Good lord! Any more and kerbals will be swimming through their atmosphere :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.