Allow Higher Timewarps on Gilly

Title says it all. After doing my first mission to Gilly in a while, I realized how much time it takes to warp around to the daylight side of Gilly. So, I would like to see the maximum warp rate near Gilly increased to compensate for low orbital speeds. (I know that the WNTS list says not to suggest higher warp rates, but I think that's for the overall maximums, not specific instances.)

Right, I think that this thread kind of got lost in the mania about aerodynamics, so now that the debates have died down a bit I'm going to bump it and see if anyone notices it this time.

Waiting for your ship to be tugged around a body by gravity is extremely important when orbiting a very massive body, as you'd need tremendous amounts of fuel to defy gravity the whole way everywhere. But when you're near a lightweight body, you just need to stop thinking with your orbital brain and start using your space docking brain. You want to get somewhere? Point your ship that way and run the engines for a few seconds. Then turn around and thrust the other way when you arrive.

There's no reason to wait for Gilly's pathetic gravity to tug you around. I often use extra fuel for faster transits around Minmus, and I pretty much only use Gilly's gravity to tug my ship the last few meters on landing, just so that I don't bounce off again. Gilly is one of the few bodies in which I'll use RCS to make my ship come down faster so I can hurry up and land!

==========

I do feel that max warp speeds need a look. I feel LKO right outside of Kerbin's atmosphere should allow 100x. Many bodies force you down to a very low time warp when you're pretty high above the surface. Those mid-level time warp values aren't really the issue, it's when you come screaming in at 10,000x time warp that you can miss the surface entirely.

Edited by thereaverofdarkness

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.