Highest Ore Concentration found on Minmus Surface?

rhadamant

Perhaps the flats are naturally low in ore content, to make Minmus more challenging? It is a pretty obvious refueling depot.

Anecdotally (driving around with a rover for an hour & M700 scans) I haven't found that to be the case. Seems random.

- - - Updated - - -

I found a spot with 9.806% today.

I found a spot with roughly 11.7% but I guess it doesn't matter too much since you'll probably fill up with ore anyway.

Could be, but before I started this Sandbox I tried playing an old one from 0.90. It had weird overheating issues, so I reinstalled the game and started a new save, however, in that old save file the best spots (as observed from orbit) were on Greater Flats.

In any case Minmus is an easy place to land an empty ship no matter the biome. If your mining rig is on a steep slope, you can employ a rover to haul the fuel to a nearby flatish terrain where the orbital vehicle waits.

Could be, but before I started this Sandbox I tried playing an old one from 0.90. It had weird overheating issues, so I reinstalled the game and started a new save, however, in that old save file the best spots (as observed from orbit) were on Greater Flats.

In any case Minmus is an easy place to land an empty ship no matter the biome. If your mining rig is on a steep slope, you can employ a rover to haul the fuel to a nearby flatish terrain where the orbital vehicle waits.

Yeah, I found a high concentration area around the equator (for good solar panel efficiency) that is really flat. I guess I'll setup a mining base now.

Ouch, and I thought I was doing quite well with a 7.98% spot on the Lesser Flats.

Still, managed (just) to get this into orbit and landed, now drilling with a 3 star Bill overseeing mining operations (and Bob looking after research). Jeb's in charge of entertainment.

http://imgur.com/a/3ZS0Y

Nice looking base! Here's mine.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=436908640

• 11 months later...
On 5/3/2015 at 2:57 PM, ShadowZone said:

Since we are talking about resources: Anyone had disappearing overlays? I am not sure if this is intentional or a but...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/119131-Resource-overlay-parts-disappearing-after-surface-survey-Intentional

Yeah its bloody annoying.  I'm wondering if it has to do with mods because I've had issues before with mods screwing up my game.  I've found that you have to select your probe, click on the scanner and toggle overlay and then you can view your resources in the map when selecting the planet or while the probe is selected.  Its a temporary fix really but it gives you an idea of where to land.  PS your moonsucker video's were a great inspiration for my minmus mining base mission so thanks ^_^  I really liked the way you did your orbital scanner satellite.

In reply to the post I found an area that's 9.90% just now.  

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.