KSP has never been more fun!

martinborgen

Yeah, I don't get the whining.

Launches are fun! Rockets feel so much more powerful with camera shake and pad smoke. New gravity turns are more realistic and look cooler.

Space is fun! The effect of fairings decoupling is great, who cares how they separate? And resource mining/planet scanning is awesome as well.

Landing is fun! Re-entry is finally intense and dangerous, the way it should be! Parachutes behave like they should!

1.0 is pretty cool when you think about it.

Finally happy to see people who love this update. The forum is full of complaining and everyone only mention the bad points totally forgetting about the good.

And about this topic - in my opinion this update is the biggest update ever, because we've got not just a big amount of new features - we've got completely new game! We need to learn everything again and I'm not saying it's bad - it's good. I'm sick and tired of the old aero where I had wierd planes flying the wierd way (personally I had big problems with building planes with the old aero). Now I build something that looks like a plane - and it's magically flies! Fantastic! And The same with rockets: you build enormously huge rocket with the most non-aerodynamic shape and make it into orbit as easy as a straight-shaped rocket. It's not fair, is it? And now you need to put all your engineering skills into rockets to not overbuild it and to fit everything you need for a mission in a limited space.

I love the more is less approach to wings now. It's just my opinion, but I hated the "lets just stack more wings on it" approach to spaceplanes. Glad to see the increased drag/lift ratios on the wings making the darts more viable.

see lots of people who can't get their old onionwinged SSTOs to orbit any more, but with the new lifting body mechanics and all, delta winged muscle planes are the way to go it seems.

1.02 is awesome and has never been more fun.

1.02 makes my game crash when I reenter with a large SSTO plane due to a memory leak. So, that's not exactly a source of unlimited happiness for me.

But the ideas behind 1.0 were very good and they only need a couple of fixes and some balancing.

Yes, finally it's a proper engineering challenge. In 0.90 everything could be solved with a delta v calculator, and you could completely neglect other aspect of design. You had enough dv, and you could be sure, that your rocket will work. Now the game is more multidimensional, you need to take into account drag, center of weight shifting, steering authority, structural integrity and more. I like it.

I completely agree. KSP is far and away my favourite game, and 1.0 (and subsequent patches) have made it even more fun than before. The only gripe I have is that suddenly half the mods I love don't work any more, but that would happen no matter what the update did and I'm sure the modders are working on it.

Frankly, I don't even care about the aero changes anymore. Having a lot of fun with planes, and that's enough to me.

1.02 makes my game crash when I reenter with a large SSTO plane due to a memory leak. So, that's not exactly a source of unlimited happiness for me.

But the ideas behind 1.0 were very good and they only need a couple of fixes and some balancing.

Press F10 to disable the heat gauges and you'll get rid of the leak.

Small nitpicks aside, I am very happy with 1.0. I would never go back to the old atmo and love the (concept of) stock ISRU. I'm playing moderately slowly through career (stupid real life and its wanting me to earn money and stuff) and enjoying almost every aspect of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.