Where are the contracts?

Hello,

I just started Career mode - custom...all I see is escape atmosphere and orbit; I wont see that for another 100+ or so Science for which I depend on Contracts to get; so where are they?

The others are speed and altitude records which I did in testing; still in Max Science/Funds mode - no contracts.

My game is heavily modded...maybe I need to get Mission Controller Extended 2 again...

Cmdr Zeta

Hello,

Well either way...the contracts are rolling in but most of them are orbital...the part tests are few and far between but they are there. I modified Squad's Science heavily and added resource contracts for me...it is pretty sad I had to do this; getting less Science in hard mode (along with the orbit specs and I dont know if orbit specs get more difficult in custom???) is moot as it didnt work to begin with; I needed more Science to get from zilch; now I have it and am averaging 25-50's finally; with 5 tours at 500 and surveys give me lots of money and a couple hundred Science or so...now I have reason to do a few of these if I am in need of either money or science - as it should be.

Cmdr Zeta

Hello,

Well either way...the contracts are rolling in but most of them are orbital...the part tests are few and far between but they are there. I modified Squad's Science heavily and added resource contracts for me...it is pretty sad I had to do this; getting less Science in hard mode (along with the orbit specs and I dont know if orbit specs get more difficult in custom???) is moot as it didnt work to begin with; I needed more Science to get from zilch; now I have it and am averaging 25-50's finally; with 5 tours at 500 and surveys give me lots of money and a couple hundred Science or so...now I have reason to do a few of these if I am in need of either money or science - as it should be.

Cmdr Zeta

I think it has more to do with guiding new players than letting experienced players use their preferred designs, so contracts are limited at first to keep them from getting confused/frustrated by contracts they have no hope of fulfilling.

I have not had any problem unlocking the first tier before getting into space(a launch or two and a few crew/eva(landed) reports), and that is plenty to get you over 70km.

And funds are taken care of at this point with the 'automatic' speed/height/distance contracts.

After getting to space, you have plenty of tourists wanting to touch space to keep funding coming, and once you can eva above Kerbin you can get lots of science by doing EVAs over the various biomes.

Admittedly it would be easier if I got the bigger and better parts earlier, but working with basic parts and a limited budget is part of the challenge.

Then again, if I did not want to deal with a budget I could do science mode, and if I did not want to deal with any of it I could do sand-box, so it seems like everyone should be covered...

Hello,

Okies well that is rediculous...for me anyways when the first few tiers are 100's of Science...I will be getting MCE2 to fill in the void....

Zeta

Sounds like you overdid it with increasing science costs there

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.