KSP 1.0.3 - ETA ? (waiting for it, cause mods^^)

brienne

Hi,

I waited for a bit after KSP 1.0 release. I need different mods to begin a new game.

But then came 1.0.1, and 1.0.2.

I don't want to start if 1.0.3 is on the way and crash my save.

-So, any idea of 1.0.3 delay ?

-I guess we can't assume it will keep 1.0.2 saves and mods compatibility.

1.03, when and if it comes, will be a bug-fixing patch similar to 1.01 and 1.02, and Squad won't introduce any radical new features or break any saves with it.

It's my understanding that most mods that were updated for 1.0 should work fine in 1.01 and 1.02 (and probably will in 1.03 as well).

So am I to presume that 1.0.3 is more or less sort of confirmed? That at least it's the general community consensus that we have a hunch it's on the way?

...because I love what 1.0.2 does right, but I'm getting frustrated at what it does, uh, buggily (coughmemoryleakcough).

So am I to presume that 1.0.3 is more or less sort of confirmed? That at least it's the general community consensus that we have a hunch it's on the way?

...because I love what 1.0.2 does right, but I'm getting frustrated at what it does, uh, buggily (coughmemoryleakcough).

Why wouldnt there be a 1.0.3 or some other number after 1.0.2? did squad say they were stopping? no they didnt so its fair to assume theres going to be another update, and one after that and one after that and so on.

I think Squad is taking its time to avoid similar 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 reactions: 1.0 -> people complaining -> rushed patch 1.0.1 -> more people complaining -> rushed patch 1.0.2 -> more more people complaining.

I understand that Squad would like to wait for things to settle down a bit and for the heat following 1.0 release to dissipate.

I personally have enjoyed every release for what they bring: more features, bug fixes; and because they show that Squad actually listens to its community and tries to please us.

My guess is that Squad would make something like:

1.0.3 = Fix the heat gauge memory leak and maybe any non-atmo related bugs. That would/could be released really soon

1.0.4 or 1.1 = Aero balance. They would take their time to do this (if they even do this), instead of rushing in.

So am I to presume that 1.0.3 is more or less sort of confirmed?

Nope, absolutely not. We know Squad is having a business meeting (and skydiving) in Mexico this week, and several people who work remotely have traveled there (Kasper, Mu, Romfarer at least) - this meeting includes future planning for 1.1 and beyond (and skydiving)

Could they develop another hotfix inbetween discussions about 1.1 and plummeting to the Earth? Sure, maybe.

I wouldn't hold my breath though (unless you're training for swimming or something, in that case continue)

Note: the skydiving is great news. Its presumably written off as a business expense for research purposes; an all new parachute implementation :)

(Most of this post has been Not Serious - but still, it's not something I'd expect soonish. Usual disclaimer: I have no inside knowledge about this subject)

Why wouldnt there be a 1.0.3 or some other number after 1.0.2? did squad say they were stopping? no they didnt so its fair to assume theres going to be another update, and one after that and one after that and so on.

1.0.1 and .2 were bugs patches. We all know squad is committed to updating the game, we are just wondering if another bug patch will come out before another official release.

• 1 month later...
Alshain said:
Yeah this needs to get patched in a rush. Everything else they can put in 1.0.4, but the memory leak on the temp gauges is killer.

Yes indeed. Until then there is community help from DMagic's mod [Moderator removed defunct website link]

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

They said it will take about two weeks a week ago. So I guess we need to wait one more week?

Edit: Scratch that info ^^^ they said it two weeks ago.

Edited by Veeltch

Yeah I'm very sad with temperature gauges bug. I love KSP (500 hours on it) and I want to play it, but that bug defeates me, I have to keep the gauges disabled, so my ship sometimes explode without knowing the reason.

AND there are some heavy bugs on part attachment with those "heat shield containers" for batteries, which I love to use, and they screw heavily with the rocket. Plus, various minor bug like camera shaking/stable rockets wobbling in some weird situations.

And last but not least, some heatsinks parts for LV-N!

And last but not least, some heatsinks parts for LV-N!

The LV-N is fundamentally broken right now and Squad knows it. They have to. There's no way they can be unaware both from gameplay and our incessant complaining, not as attentive a dev team as they are. The LV-N is meant for high efficiency burns and its low thrust means low TWR and long burn times. If the engine is to be usable, it cannot explode after some time burning (the exact time is HEAVILY dependent on craft construction thus seemingly random). They know this, they have to. To not know this would require them to be so far out of touch with their playerbase its not even funny. I wholly expect its heat production to come way down with 1.0.3.

@Veeltch, to scratch something out, you use [noparse] tags. Whatever you write in them[/noparse], comes out like this.

Could they develop another hotfix inbetween discussions about 1.1 and plummeting to the Earth? Sure, maybe.

"You know... this reminds me... EVA Kerbals falling from orbit shouldn't survive... that's a bug we oughta fix... whaddya think Maxmaps?"

"aaaaaaaAAAAAAGGGGGGGGH!!!"

"Is that a yes?"

I hope they haven't stopped work on bug fixes so they can focus on Unity 5, because there are a lot of bugs...

Just what I can think of off the top of my head:

- Pol is still bugged, landing is sometimes impossible

- Game doesn't remember your action group settings if you edit the engine/object, so every time you adjust your engines, or anything that they attach to, you have to go back and redo all of your action groups for that object. DRIVES ME NUTS.

- Turning off crossfeed in docking ports is not remembered. If you reload a save or switch to another craft, when you come back, crossfeed is back on.

- Crossfeed does not get disabled on ports inside a cargo bay. Also, decouplers do not block crossfeed.

- Temp indicators cause game to crash, and are on by default... and come back on if you reload.

- Navball prograde/retrograde indicators sometimes do not point to correct point.

Edited by RocketBlam

- Turning off crossfeed in docking ports is not remembered. If you reload a save or switch to another craft, when you come back, crossfeed is back on.

The fact that crossfeed can't be toggled for docking ports in the VAB is something I consider to be a bug, and not just a "missing feature", since it's super important for mission planning.

Having it not remembered in the world state? That's pretty huge, IMHO.

When we are talking about versions is there any info on future plans after 1.0.3? Will that be it until Unity 5 (version 1.1 or 2.0)?

Unity 5 should be in the next major upgrade, so 1.1, with no ETA on that update. There probably won't be a 1.0.4 unless something's wrong with 1.0.3. If I'm understanding what they've said correctly, work on 1.1 has been going on in parallel to 1.0.3.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.