[1.3] KerBalloons v0.4.2 - Balloons for KSP!

9 hours ago, Gazper said:

Well as far as I know atmospheric balloons don't burst that easy, I wonder if there is a way to make balloons reach top altitude then float around or make them move like the EVE clouds do to simulate wind.

Depends on amount of gas and payload, sometimes they simply can't reach high enough to burst.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2016 at 5:20 PM, TruthQuark said:

Is there a way to reduce lift so that it will only carry a payload to the original burst altitudes?

They do that anyway?

The balloon inflates, goes up and bursts when the air pressure is too low - this is the max height.

If you remove the min pressure limit, it should't burst and therefore keep rising until it doesn't produce enough lift

You can reduce how high it can lift a payload by reducing its min and max lift in the config

• 2 weeks later...

KerBalloons has been updated to v0.3.1
You can now set a lift limit so that you can carry smaller payloads with the bigger balloons without it accelerating to the speed of light.
v0.4 is still under development but I wanted to get this feature out before then.
Enjoy

b21e3KQ.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't tell you how happy I am that I found this mod.

Here is what I am trying to do.

So NASA announced they are looking into the viability of a colony on Venus(eve). But not on the surface because that would be crazy.

In the air! Cloud city (cue the stat wars music)

50km above the surface where the atmosphere is @ 1 atmospheric pressure. They will do his with......BALLOONS.

I am going to try and great a tiny habitat above eve. I'm thinking a kerbal can for four kerbals to start.

Any advice before I get started?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2016 at 5:18 PM, JoePatrick1 said:

Thanks. Trying to get v0.4 out with the official 1.1 release if I can.

Can't wait to see your 1.1 release! Since I have to start from scratch (I guess we all have to), this and Umbra's sounding rockets are definitely how I want to get started!

EDIT: Haha, looks like I'll be waiting, since the 1.0.5 version isn't compatible with 1.1. We'll be waiting on your next update, JoePatrick. :)

Edited by Synthesis

52 minutes ago, Synthesis said:

Can't wait to see your 1.1 release! Since I have to start from scratch (I guess we all have to), this and Umbra's sounding rockets are definitely how I want to get started!

EDIT: Haha, looks like I'll be waiting, since the 1.0.5 version isn't compatible with 1.1. We'll be waiting on your next update, JoePatrick. :)

I'll try and release an update tomorrow that is 1.1 compatible and has a few changes I have made.

1 hour ago, JoePatrick1 said:

I'll try and release an update tomorrow that is 1.1 compatible and has a few changes I have made.

Awesome news! I know as mod-users we're not in a position to demand anything, but make suggestions, but it's great to hear you're addressing this. Between this and KSPRC being updated tomorrow (possibly), I'm pretty much all set for restarting KSP. :cool:

On 23/04/2016 at 0:17 AM, Synthesis said:

Awesome news! I know as mod-users we're not in a position to demand anything, but make suggestions, but it's great to hear you're addressing this. Between this and KSPRC being updated tomorrow (possibly), I'm pretty much all set for restarting KSP. :cool:

Been playing around with removing the lift limit and instead having it automatic. It works much better and is nearly finished (just testing & balancing) so I will release the 1.1 update when that is done. 22:45 here so probably not tonight but tomorrow most likely (again...lol)

Just now, JoePatrick1 said:

Been playing around with removing the lift limit and instead having it automatic. It works much better and is nearly finished (just testing & balancing) so I will release the 1.1 update when that is done. 22:45 here so probably not tonight but tomorrow most likely (again...lol)

That's what I get for waiting for one particular mod to be updated before I start a new game. :D

I'd use the old release in the meantime, but it's flat out not compatible--no idea what might've been broken in moving to 1.1....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.