[1.3] KerBalloons v0.4.2 - Balloons for KSP!

1 hour ago, John FX said:

Just a thought, would it be very complicated to have a single balloon model that can be resized for different tanks and have a tweakable menu to set whether it is suitable for Kerbin, Eve etc?

Then you could greatly reduce the number of parts required.

This is the plan eventually. I wanted to get v0.4.0 out before I went away though which was why it was left out for the time being

2 hours ago, Mattheus said:

Thanks! I took save file editing path, had two other landers also on the way with same baloon - so all have now kerbin's balloon versions. Dont know if they are even useful in gas giants tough ....

No problem, editing the save file is the better method anyway as then it remains compatible with future updates

On 5/5/2015 at 5:13 PM, Firewolf7887 said:

Time to drop bombs with balloons like Japan did in World War II <3

Leave it Me To Read a page on a really awesome mod and find this

Gotta Wonder how many people know this ever happened (It did) seeing as there was a government cover up =P

Did i mention this mod is awesome

Edited by Mark Kerbin
=P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v0.4.2 Released for KSP 1.2

Changelog

-Recompiled for KSP 1.2
-Added parachutes specifically designed for the KerBalloons
-Added 0.625m and 3.75m versions of the stock service bays
-Improved colliders
-Minor changes to part descriptions

Note: There is currently no '1.2' option on the list of compatible KSP versions on kerbal.curseforge so I have had to just choose 1.2prerelease - It does work with the official 1.2 release and will update the download page when the option is available

Edited by JoePatrick1

3 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I almost didn't get that reference. Sometimes it's hard to remember what's happening tomorrow when I'm already more than a month ahead haha

Haha,

So are you going to keep updating your game file to the latest version or are you just going to 1.2?

25 minutes ago, JoePatrick1 said:

So are you going to keep updating your game file to the latest version or are you just going to 1.2?

It will keep updating. First iteration of KSA went from 0.23 all the way to 1.04 so if I could make that work...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble downloading this mod. I get it running, but when I go to get the balloons, there is a white block in the KerBalloon tab, and when I click on it, there is nothing there. For some reason I can still get the parachutes that come with this mod, but I cannot get the balloons.

Edited by MrKoala1876

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

nifty! Two questions:

1) that's another mod making your altimeter show AGL right?

2) it determines the bottom of the vessel when set to radar? It seems that way in its behavior when landing, but just want to make sure

It is my Radar Altimeter mod available here. It uses the vessel radar altitude variable which I believe is the altitude of either the root part or the CoM though I can't remember which - so it isn't necessarily the very bottom of the vessel.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.