[1.3] KerBalloons v0.4.2 - Balloons for KSP!

On 2/18/2017 at 8:18 PM, eberkain said:

Any thoughts of adding tweakscale support?  It could really cut down the part list for those with lots of mods. 

yea but they should show up in their own category, so you shouldn't have to scroll through a huge part list to find them nor should they contribute to a huge part list

They do have their own category, I've been trying to cut down on the number of mods and parts I'm using because I'm tired of it taking 2-3 minutes to load to the main menu.  I finally just deleted everything but the 1.25 version for each planet, and am going to attempt to create a tweakscale config for them.   

On 21/02/2017 at 10:21 PM, eberkain said:

They do have their own category, I've been trying to cut down on the number of mods and parts I'm using because I'm tired of it taking 2-3 minutes to load to the main menu.  I finally just deleted everything but the 1.25 version for each planet, and am going to attempt to create a tweakscale config for them.   

That will only affect the size, they also have different stats so you will lose that

32 minutes ago, JoePatrick1 said:

That will only affect the size, they also have different stats so you will lose that

I'm not too worried about the heavy payload vs high altitude vs standard, i elected to just save the standard version.  My main concern is if Tweakscale is going to scale the lifting force or not, been so caught up in doing other stuff, still haven't tried it yet.  Right now I dont have many use-cases for the balloons, but they are so cool I don't want to get rid of them altogether.  

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

I'm not too worried about the heavy payload vs high altitude vs standard, i elected to just save the standard version.  My main concern is if Tweakscale is going to scale the lifting force or not, been so caught up in doing other stuff, still haven't tried it yet.  Right now I dont have many use-cases for the balloons, but they are so cool I don't want to get rid of them altogether.  

Even between the different sizes of standard they have different stats.The lifting force will not be scaled as this is defined in the cfg

15 hours ago, eberkain said:

posted a github issue, exceptions on loading from the service bays. 

Haven't seen this before. 2 reasons I can think of:

• KB might not be 100% compatible with 1.2.2 (assuming that's what you're using) 
  • Could be an issue with the install.

Have you tried on a clean install?

18 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

nice! Already have the stock atmosphere analyzer in development but that will make a good stepping stone to this atmo science instrument! Flight computer will be great as I move into kOS use... good stuff keep it up :)

Busy week this week but hopefully I can get it out some time in March along with the flight computer (which comes with the hover mode) and maybe an extra experiment or two

• 1 month later...
On 6 March 2017 at 8:32 AM, JoePatrick1 said:

Something very similar (though hopfully seamless and automatic) will be included with the update

Love this mod, has lead to some very kerbal designs. Something about launching rockets with balloons?

Now, I don't want to try be pushy, but I see that not much has been said in a while and I would like to inquire about the status of the next update, how's it going?

Spoiler

Sorry, on mobile, couldn't remove this :/

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-4-10 at 2:12 AM, Arcane Intervention said:

Love this mod, has lead to some very kerbal designs. Something about launching rockets with balloons?

Now, I don't want to try be pushy, but I see that not much has been said in a while and I would like to inquire about the status of the next update, how's it going?

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, on mobile, couldn't remove this :/

Sorry for the lack of updates, busy time of year with exams coming up, not sure if I will be able to get the update before then but if not then I have 3 months off and the next update will be a big one.

-Jool Balloons
-Flight computer (with hover mode)
-New science experiments
-Contracts (hopefully)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.