[Part] [1.9] Graphotron [v1.5.1, March 9, 2020] - Track & Plot Sensor & Flight Data

Ezriilc

1 hour ago, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

ok fine I just told you that because your mod is awsome I used it a lot in the previous version

Thanks very much, and I'm glad you like it - even if I didn't make it, @khyperia and @olex did.

I promise to do everything I can to get it up to speed ASAP (after HyperEdit) - I assure you it is not abandoned.  :)

3 hours ago, Vrana said:

...and there was much joy and celebration among the people of KSP.

It really is a neat little tool.  :cool:  I wish I had thought of it, but it was @olex, @khyperia, and @DYJ who built it, and @linuxgurugamer that fixed it up this round.

Edited by Ezriilc
typos, added credits

• 2 weeks later...

Any possibility of getting this to track the outputs of the surface ore scanner? It would be epic to be able to be able to record lat/long and ore percent, export to CSV, then graph in excel or a GIS program to create a detailed ore map. 

Just now, urablahblah said:

Any possibility of getting this to track the outputs of the surface ore scanner? It would be epic to be able to be able to record lat/long and ore percent, export to CSV, then graph in excel or a GIS program to create a detailed ore map. 

Yes!  That would be great.  I see no reason why not, when and if our programmers can get to it.  Thanks for the great idea!

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, hawk_za said:

huge props for the upkeep of this awesome little mod ....probably one of the first mods i ever played with

It's gratifying that someone appreciates the effort, and hearing it means the world to me.

Thanks!

Hi 

Please make keys for changing the graph resolution quickly so that every time we do not have to go to the options menu,

also it would be great if you would include the ability to display data from other 'data display' mods like Nano gauges.

It would be awesome if you can include those updates for 1.1.2 analog with the newer versions

I know that is a lot to ask but see what you can do

4 hours ago, Apurva Kawthalkar said:

Hi 

Please make keys for changing the graph resolution quickly so that every time we do not have to go to the options menu,

also it would be great if you would include the ability to display data from other 'data display' mods like Nano gauges.

It would be awesome if you can include those updates for 1.1.2 analog with the newer versions

I know that is a lot to ask but see what you can do

I do appreciate the input, but I'm not sure if/when I might get around to doing these things.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, delta wee said:

Can graphotron track other data like vertical velocity or G-force?

Yes, generally.  You can track velocity relative to the surface and orbit, and if you have a Gravioli detecter's display turned on, it will track that too.

EDIT:  It doesn't appear to track G-forces.  I will see about adding that someday.

Edited by Ezriilc

15 hours ago, delta wee said:

Can graphotron track other data like vertical velocity or G-force?

I've just uploaded a BETA version of Graphotron that includes these new features.  Please give it a try and tell me what you think.  I don't know the difference between G-Force and G-Force Immediate, so I just put both in.

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/graphotron

Thanks, the changes for the new data sources work fine.

Some other things I think would make using the Graphotron better:

• A scrollable plot window, so data isn't lost once it reaches the left side.
  • Not requiring the Graphotron part to be attached to the vehicle for graphs to work. Right now it is awkward to use if you have fairings on the payload because if you want to use the graphs on the last stage you need to put the part inside the fairing, which makes it so you can't activate it at the start of the launch.
  • An "Advanced Data Sources" section that contains all meaningful data sources.
  • The ability to minimize all Graphotron windows, maybe by having a button on the top-right for Graphotron similar to what Kerbal Engineer has.
  • Have the time data be based off the actual time in the game. Right now if you do a time warp while plotting data it will get compressed and make the graphs look bad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.