[Part] [1.9] Graphotron [v1.5.1, March 9, 2020] - Track & Plot Sensor & Flight Data

Ezriilc

2 minutes ago, Drew Kerman said:

I've never noticed before, but Graphotron uses EC when it is plotting. I think this should be something made known very plainly and perhaps even include an option to disable EC draw.

I assume you mean Electric Charge, and yes, I agree that should be made known - and perhaps even done away with entirely.

https://github.com/Ezriilc/KSP-Graphotron/issues/10

• 2 months later...

Yes, eventually.  I'm having some IDE issues.

In the meantime, you can use the BETA-3 we have up, as it seems to also work in KSP 1.4.2.

EDIT:  I think I was conflating this thread with my other mod's.  I'm not currently aware of any problems with Graphotron on the latest version of KSP,  but then I haven't done any testing.  This doesn't mean I don't intend to, I simply overlooked it and didn't get any support requests.

Edited by Ezriilc
spelling, doh!

• 3 months later...
35 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I see several Zip links, perhaps you should try those

I see them too, and they are all very specifically labeled for older KSP versions and in the Archives section. I've seen how they post their beta builds on the site and there isn't one there

On 4/17/2018 at 11:09 AM, rawghi said:

Hi @Ezriilc! Do you have plan to update this wonderful mod?

Thank you!

Have you tried Graphotron with the latest version of KSP?  It may actually work.

On 4/17/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ezriilc said:

Yes, eventually.  I'm having some IDE issues.

In the meantime, you can use the BETA-3 we have up, as it seems to also work in KSP 1.4.2.

I now believe that I had thought this was my other mod's thread.  :blush:  Sorry for the mix-up!

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

I don't see a link for a beta on the Kerbaltek page

@Drew Kerman is correct.  There isn't/wasn't a BETA.

I apologize.  To be honest, I haven't done any testing with the new version(s) of KSP recently.  Any input ya'all might have is more than welcome.

1 hour ago, Ezriilc said:

To be honest, I haven't done any testing with the new version(s) of KSP recently.  Any input ya'all might have is more than welcome.

Stand by! I will load up the latest version after some lunch

Welp, it almost works. Everything seems fine except for exporting to PNG:

[EXC 13:45:22.879] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Texture2D.EncodeToPNG'.
    Graphotron.ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter.DrawWindowMain (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Hopefully that is something you can tackle Ezriilc!

Edited by Drew Kerman

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, Drew Kerman said:

Stand by! I will load up the latest version after some lunch

Welp, it almost works. Everything seems fine except for exporting to PNG:

Hopefully that is something you can tackle Ezriilc!

Sorry, I'm just now seeing this.

I appreciate your encouragement, even if it's misplaced.  :blink:

I will take a look and try my best, but I'm betting I'll need some help.  Specifically, which method should be used in place of the one that doesn't exist any longer.

I've created an issue for this in our GitHub repo.  EDIT:  https://github.com/Ezriilc/KSP-Graphotron/issues/12

Edited by Ezriilc

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just cloned it, compiled against 1.5.1 and ran it, it worked perfectly, including making a png

Check to be sure you are compiling against .Net 3.5

Yep, I have been, and thanks!  I'll do some more testing to see if I can break it again.

I never used this before, it's an interesting mod.  But I think you can/should add more sources.  For example:

• Throttle %
  • Elevator % or angle in degrees
  • Rudder % or angle in degrees
  • Airelons % or angle in degrees
1 minute ago, Ezriilc said:

Yep, I have been, and thanks!  I'll do some more testing to see if I can break it again.

That error would have happened if you compiled against the wrong version of .Net.  I've done that several times when adopting mods, it's an easy mistake to make

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I never used this before, it's an interesting mod.  But I think you can/should add more sources.  For example:

• Throttle %
  • Elevator % or angle in degrees
  • Rudder % or angle in degrees
  • Airelons % or angle in degrees

Great idea!  I can even do this myself, I think - I added some others previously and it seemed to work fine.

Just now, Ezriilc said:

Great idea!  I can even do this myself, I think - I added some others previously and it seemed to work fine.

Think about more.  Take a look at my mod KSP Logger for ideas.  Essentially, you should be able to graph anything, KSP Logger will show you what to do

Another idea, think about adding some text, such as a title to the graph.  Allow the user to enter the title.

Also, would be nice to see the time tics at the bottom, say, every 10 seconds or so

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.