[Part] [1.9] Graphotron [v1.5.1, March 9, 2020] - Track & Plot Sensor & Flight Data

Ezriilc

Good news, everyone!

Thanks to zengei :kiss: and the nice folks over at CKAN, all our mods are now fully supported in the CKAN KSP mod manager.

To learn more about CKAN, go here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN

As always, if you have any questions or concerns about CKAN or anything else, please contact us here:

http://www.Kerbaltek.com/contact

• 4 months later...

so I've finally gotten the chance to use this mod a few times and the only thing I feel could be improved is are options for auto-save on destruction for either or both the CSV and PNG image should your vessel end up in pieces that afterwards don't survive impact. Once whatever part holding the Graphotron module goes boom, the UI vanishes.

Oh, and greater numerical precision output for the numbers displayed. The graph showed readings for 0.000-0.0005 (I watched the instrument output in the part window) but the hi/lo could only read 0.00-0.00

Edited by Gaiiden

so I've finally gotten the chance to use this mod a few times and the only thing I feel could be improved is are options for auto-save on destruction for either or both the CSV and PNG image should your vessel end up in pieces that afterwards don't survive impact. Once whatever part holding the Graphotron module goes boom, the UI vanishes.

Oh, and greater numerical precision output for the numbers displayed. The graph showed readings for 0.000-0.0005 (I watched the instrument output in the part window) but the hi/lo could only read 0.00-0.00

Good ideas - I'll add them to our list.

thanks. Love this mod, here's a graph from a recent dip through Duna's upper atmosphere:

p7YtLz5.png

I modified it to add the time, split the long part name and show greater precision. I think the time might be a good addition as well to use the otherwise empty space on the bottom right (although I do note that the space is only empty because I don't have enough sources selected to fill it)

another request - it can be hard sometimes to judge what will be a good size for the graph prior to plotting it. Too short and you lose data, too tall and the points are spread out over too much area, too short and a large change can make it hard to read afterwards. It would be nice if the size options could be used after the graph is plotted to redraw it as well.

another request - it can be hard sometimes to judge what will be a good size for the graph prior to plotting it. Too short and you lose data, too tall and the points are spread out over too much area, too short and a large change can make it hard to read afterwards. It would be nice if the size options could be used after the graph is plotted to redraw it as well.

Ah yes. Another good one.

• 3 weeks later...

Great work!

I was wondering if it would be possible to resurrect the Flight Recorder mod, by Benache. It allowed you to record data from specific sensors (like temp or barometer) at intervals throughout the mission - into .csv files for more accurate analysis and graphing using 3rd party apps and such. You could toggle them on/off. Really great mod - in fact, it still works! Partly - there are few issues, but the core functionality seems to be intact.

Anyway, here is the thread for it:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/52403-0-21-1-Flight-Recorder

It is creative commons CC BY SA 3.0 license.

--------------

update - nevermind! I didn't realize the Graphotron had the same feature to export data as a .csv. Thats great, finally have a replacement for the old mod!

Double thanks!

--------------

2nd update. Would it be possible to scale the window if we choose a large data point size? It can get pretty huge.

Edited by zilfondel

• 3 weeks later...

one more request: Can the logging interval pause be changed to ensure that the data is logged at the start of each interval rather than add the interval to the end of the last logged data time? To make it clearer what I mean, see this blog post I made. I was originally doing the same thing. This way however outputs a consistent UT value interval that can be used as database keys (I realize this doesn't output UT but the amount of data rows would then match what I'm getting out of kOS).

I'm actively developing my new real-time streaming telemetry interface (like this but updated 30fps instead of 15s intervals) so if I could also request this be a quick point update or experimental if the developer has time? It should be an easy change.

Edit - I realized doing it my way becomes problematic if you want to log data at millisecond intervals >.< I will leave this up to the developer. A lower limit of 0.5ms shouldn't be too bad tho

Edited by Gaiiden

one more request: Can the logging interval pause be changed to ensure that the data is logged at the start of each interval rather than add the interval to the end of the last logged data time? To make it clearer what I mean, see this blog post I made. I was originally doing the same thing. This way however outputs a consistent UT value interval that can be used as database keys (I realize this doesn't output UT but the amount of data rows would then match what I'm getting out of kOS).

I'm actively developing my new real-time streaming telemetry interface (like this but updated 30fps instead of 15s intervals) so if I could also request this be a quick point update or experimental if the developer has time? It should be an easy change.

Edit - I realized doing it my way becomes problematic if you want to log data at millisecond intervals >.< I will leave this up to the developer. A lower limit of 0.5ms shouldn't be too bad tho

I did not understand one bit of all that, but don't try to explain it - it would be wasted on me. I'll copy this post over to our ToDo list, and I'm pretty sure khyperia reads this thread, so... yea.

Thanks for the input!

the latest release of kOS finally lets me calculate everything I need to output for my telemetry logging without having to use Graphotron or VOID, so my last suggestion about logging interval is no longer relevant to me. Just saying because it always seemed like a rather personal request to do the logging a certain way, but if the author still thinks it's an improvement and wants to implement it then glad to have offered it.

the latest release of kOS finally lets me calculate everything I need to output for my telemetry logging without having to use Graphotron or VOID, so my last suggestion about logging interval is no longer relevant to me. Just saying because it always seemed like a rather personal request to do the logging a certain way, but if the author still thinks it's an improvement and wants to implement it then glad to have offered it.

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you! Thanks for the update.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mcirish3 said:

Is this by any chance functional in 1.0.5, and can it export csv files, and can it still export sensor outputs?

I believe it is, but you'll know for sure when you try it.  Please let us know if it works.

Edited by Ezriilc

13 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

It is indeed working perfectly for 1.0.5  You should update the OP

I didn't call out the patch number (rather than put "1.0.0") in order to show that it works for anything within the 1.0 minor version.  Are folks finding it confusing?

6 hours ago, Ezriilc said:

I didn't call out the patch number (rather than put "1.0.0") in order to show that it works for anything within the 1.0 minor version.  Are folks finding it confusing?

Yes, I would guess they would at least question it, since it says to the user, there is a high probability that it has not been updated since 1.0.0 which for most modes would mean high probability of being broken due to the large number of changes since 1.0.0.  If you want to show that it will work with older versions you could update the OP with a list of all versions it will work in and that you will support while putting 1.0.5 in the thread subject line.

15 hours ago, mcirish3 said:

Yes, I would guess they would at least question it, since it says to the user, there is a high probability that it has not been updated since 1.0.0 which for most modes would mean high probability of being broken due to the large number of changes since 1.0.0.  If you want to show that it will work with older versions you could update the OP with a list of all versions it will work in and that you will support while putting 1.0.5 in the thread subject line.

Done.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.