[Part] [1.9] Graphotron [v1.5.1, March 9, 2020] - Track & Plot Sensor & Flight Data

Ezriilc

I am using the latest version of Graphotron (1.5.1). I am looking for the files in KSP_win64 --> Screenshots --> Graphotron. In the game, what I did was I recorded 1 variable for a couple seconds, stopped the recording and clicked "save as CSV" or whatever that button is called. However, I can't find the CSV files anywhere :/. Hope that helps a bit. 

More info; I am looking in KSP_win64 -> Screenshots -> Graphotron, and there is nothing. I am using the latest version of Graphotron (1.5.1) on the latest version of Kerbal. In game, I tracked 1 variable for like 30 seconds before stopping the draw and clicking "export as CSV". Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, achen10 said:

I am using the latest version of Graphotron (1.5.1). I am looking for the files in KSP_win64 --> Screenshots --> Graphotron. In the game, what I did was I recorded 1 variable for a couple seconds, stopped the recording and clicked "save as CSV" or whatever that button is called. However, I can't find the CSV files anywhere :/. Hope that helps a bit. 

I tested Graphotron with the latest KSP v1.10.1, and the files are right where you describe.  I can't think of what might be wrong.  :blush:

17 minutes ago, achen10 said:

Yep, works now on 1.10! another question, does the graph create 1 dot per second?

I'm glad that worked.  :D  Thanks for the follow-up.

I don't actually know what the sample rate is.  I'll see if I can tell from the code and report back.

If I'm understanding the code  (I didn't write it) at the link below, it updates every half ("0.5f") second, or twice per second (2/s).  I'm assuming that is the frequency that it plots on the screen as well.

https://github.com/Ezriilc/KSP-Graphotron/blob/master/Source/ModuleEnviroSensorPlotter.cs#L32

I can't be sure this is correct, and that may be the limit of my knowledge, but I hope it helps.

• 4 months later...
On 10/14/2020 at 12:40 PM, Ezriilc said:

If I'm understanding the code  (I didn't write it) at the link below, it updates every half ("0.5f") second, or twice per second (2/s).  I'm assuming that is the frequency that it plots on the screen as well.

I wonder the effect on performance, and if maybe a change to once per second, might improve it?... or mebbe even once per 2 secs, if the effect on performance is that significant?... vOv

especially if the CSV logging feature is used... tho, it would have to be checed, to see what the sample/logging rate for *that* is...

50 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I wonder the effect on performance, and if maybe a change to once per second, might improve it?... or mebbe even once per 2 secs, if the effect on performance is that significant?... vOv

especially if the CSV logging feature is used... tho, it would have to be checed, to see what the sample/logging rate for *that* is...

That's a good question.  I'm afraid I can't do any testing just now.  I wonder if anyone else might try it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.