Where is YOUR Valentina Kerman?

johnnyhandsome

Currently on her 6th orbit in her Vostok spacecraft (courtesy of Tantares mod). Kerbalnaut Valentia Kerman reports all systems are nominal. Health is excellent. She has successfully completed all tasks required and jokingly asked to remain in orbit longer. The Flight Director has said nyet.

The flight profile calls for retrofire to occur on orbit 8. Recovery vehicles are standing by to retrieve the brave Kerbalnaut once she has successfully touched down in the designated landing zone, 1.5 kilometers West of KSC.

A grand victory parade has been planned.

Valentina is currently piloting a six-seater spacebus to take two tourists to the surface of Minmus and, while there, rescue three stranded kerbalnauts from Minmus orbit. The spacebus has engines just capable of getting from orbit down to the surface and back (plus a little extra for safety's sake); the transfer orbits are accomplished by docking with a small atomic tug.

Safely landed on Minmus, where nothing unfortunate can happen to her. I try really hard to keep my orange suits alive, but I can't just leave them sitting in the complex either, they want to go to space!

I'll bring her home eventually and send her somewhere else, though.

After her pioneering expedition to Minmus with Zellian, Valentina arranged a training exercise out to solar orbit, the surface of Minmus, and a jaunt to the Mun with Jeb, Bill, Bob, herself, Zellian, and Argie Kerman to get their skills up for a Duna mission later in the year. At this point, she and her 5 co-workers are just cooling their heels literally waiting for the planets to align.

Valentina, she's doing fine, she was my back up pilot, until Jebs first successful orbit, which left him in orbit and at the time, I had no access to RCS thrusters.... Now by default, every ship wants to place my engineer as the pilot.... Jeb has set the record for most time spent in space sofar..... :)

My first and current real v1.0.x playthrough... unfortunately dead. Ironically, it's been a few months since I had a death in KSP that wasn't due to a bug and my first one was her...

Valentina was among the elite Moho 5, along with Barchelle, Bobdorf, Johnfel and Jebediah. Barchelle and Bobdorf were randomly selected as the first two Kerbals to go to space, but as suborbital flights. Valentina, although third to space, would rise to fame for being the first Kerbal to orbit Kerbin. But what killed her was not the vacuum of space nor the inferno of atmospheric re-entry... but her capsule. The guidance computer (me) was targeting the ocean just to the east of the KSC for splashdown, but was off just a little. Instead, her capsule landed on the western slope of the mountain range west of the KSC. Her capsule stumbled and rolled its way down the slope of a mountain, and knowing it was certain doom to stay in, Valentina opened the hatch and lept out in an effort to escape the falling command pod. The capsule rolled over her so hard that she exploded into a big puff of Kerbaly smoke. Several minutes later, the capsule came to a safe and gentle stop near the bottom of the slope, never damaged beyond some small scratches and dents... and a big smear of green.

The capsule will remain there always (or until I start a new save) as a memorial to the late Valentina Kerman.

Edited by stevehead
spelling

Preparing to command the first few assembly missions to Midway Station - a LKO waypoint station intended to serve as a fuel depot and transfer station. She will oversee/pilot the station assembly missions.

This is usually an honor reserved for Jeb, but he opened his chutes to early on the ordt orbital mission.

At the Astronaut complex, playing a never-ending game of darts with Jeb to see who gets to fly my first 1.0 manned Munar mission. Suspect both of them keep sneaking to the VAB to sabotage the unmanned probes I have sent so far, and then telling the admins that robots are unreliable.

She ended up being the pilot on my first successful orbit this time around, while Jeb performed the first orbital rescue. I try to split 'landmark' missions between them.

My Valentina is still lounging in the lounge with all the other Kerbals because I've only been doing unmanned test flights. Even Jeb is weary of flying in this new and suddenly changed, thinner atmosphere he has no idea how he can breathe without passing out from oxygen deprivation.

This massive change of the laws of physics also has the mechanical version of Jeb very confused, but the programming team (AKA Sarbian) is hard at work on it. ;)

recruited as the senior driver in charge of shunting and freight operations..currently driving centrecab locomotive F102 hauling 5 ore tankers outside ksc on a test run, later she'll join jeb as the husband and wife team driving LL4009 around kerbin

on a side note, anyone else enjoying making powered gliders? really relaxing with the new aero

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.