Where is YOUR Valentina Kerman?

johnnyhandsome

Safely back at KSC, waiting for her next mission.

Jeb got the first flight, Val was first into space, Jeb first orbit, Val first Munar fly-by, Jeb first Munar landing, Val first Minmus landing. You get the idea.

Stuck in Mun orbit without a ship after the lander ran dry halfway through ascent. At least she has all the interesting experiment logs to read over while waiting for the rescue craft to arrive. For her troubles she gets the trophy for being the first KSP obect to achieve Mun orbit.

Stuck on the moon, getting her first good sleep since getting the room next to Bill at KSC! She (audaciously!) decided to try a hybrid rocket/SSO/spaceplane concept with only entry parts and the danged thing made it to the Munar surface... albeit without a drop of fuel left for a return trip... We're letting her cool her heels up there for a bit... Even Jeb says she's way more badass than he is! (I think he's scared of her!!)

At me she was suposed to go to Mun and join the mun base 1, however she forgot to leave and is now underway to Minmus, just as well as the Minmus base is understaffed, she will stay on Minmus until I have regular runs doing the training trips: mun orbit, Minmus landing then out of kerbin SOI before returning.

Alas, she is amongst the growing list of the now 12 Kerbals that gave their life since I started a v1.0 career. Underestimated the parachutes more realistic model, deployed too low, slammed into the ground. RIP. But (some) lessons were learned and she gave her life for the good of Kerbal Science.

Valentina have not yet shown up at work. JEB is doing all the work at the moment ( new hard career, but will soon advance to a capsul that can hold 3 kerbals and then valentina will come along ).

Chilling in orbit around Minimus. She's pilot of the lander for my science station. Not that she's done a dang thing in weeks since the low level scientists are so slow at processing the data she already got them. I'm heavily considering bringing her back and replacing her with the low-level pilot I just rescued so I can send her out on my first Duna mission of this campaign.

• 5 years later...

Mine is getting ready for a Duna mission, or hanging out at the Astronaut Komplex, sometimes murmuring about the next planned mission likely being a boring one and other times complaining about being stuck dirtside while waiting for the next transfer window. Yep, I'm willing to let the Magnificient Four fly boring missions too.

But there's already a kerballed research station around Duna, with an ISRU SSTO for trips to the surface and back docked to that station, so even if the large-ish colony module she's planning to land runs into some trouble, she should be ready to punch out and wait for a pickup.

Edited by noname_hero

Don't know, wasn't playing KSP five years ago and that transfer window to Duna is only the second one in my current save so I have no idea what she was doing before my space program began either.

I simply noticed the thread when I was kinda grumpy about not having anything meaningful to do until that transfer window and I *didn't* notice posting here constitutes courting necromancy.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:53 PM, noname_hero said:

Don't know, wasn't playing KSP five years ago and that transfer window to Duna is only the second one in my current save so I have no idea what she was doing before my space program began either.

I simply noticed the thread when I was kinda grumpy about not having anything meaningful to do until that transfer window and I *didn't* notice posting here constitutes courting necromancy.

sorry, I assumed folks would successfully interpret my humour.  :P

Val is usually my station keeper but then i realized it was plain stupid to keep a 2 star pilot cooped up in LKO, so I brought her back down for some legit missions. Good thing I did, because recently I deleted a parts mod, and accidentally deleted most of my crafts and stations ( I knew it would delete some but forgot how many antennas I used from it on stations and such) so she is my last orange suit (Bill and Bob were on an afflicted station and Gene didn’t pack enough life support for Jeb on a mission). 

1 minute ago, Weak Player said:

Just returned home back to rhode is recovered and waiting to be launched again but in a few months though.

Hide contents

USI Life Support lol, and beyond home

Hi @JB182 ive seen you somewhere

oh hi! i seen you before in a comment on KSP 2 discussion i guess

Edited by JB182

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.