Kerbal Space Program 1.0: How to land on the Mun.

malkuth

This new Tutorial video shows you how to build, launch, land, and return from the Mun in KSP 1.0. This video is semi interactive meaning that I have Linked important points in the video that you can skip to, or GoBack to.

Hope this helps and have a great day. Malkuth out.

As an update, I landed and got back successfully (with ~5% fuel to spare) using your video. 400 science (no big deal). :) Although I do have maneuver nodes, screw that manual ....e. Question though, how do you recommend getting to the poles/different biomes? Just using the nodes to change your orbit to poles instead of equator? Oh forgot, what about the science Jr? I tried to go with it but the rocket didn't work. Hate to miss out on that science though.

Edited by RexProcer

As an update, I landed and got back successfully (with ~5% fuel to spare) using your video. 400 science (no big deal). :) Although I do have maneuver nodes, screw that manual ....e. Question though, how do you recommend getting to the poles/different biomes? Just using the nodes to change your orbit to poles instead of equator? Oh forgot, what about the science Jr? I tried to go with it but the rocket didn't work. Hate to miss out on that science though.

Yup your best bet is to use Maneuver nodes. You can change your inclination before you actually circularize your orbit of the mun using the side and up to down nodes. You can use them to do the same thing if you want to skip setting up the node.. Its more guess work but works great. They help out on Precision landing too.

Also on your Nav ball all those markers that I use in tutorials are represented on the Maneuver nodes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.