Steam Migration

Dessloch

If you have a game key, you can go into your steam library » bottom left corner, click on the "+ Add game..." button » Activate a steam product » Put your key there, and the game should be added to your Steam library.

If you don't have a key, you'll need to contact Squad.

Note, steam transfer is only available if you bought the game before it went on steam. Games bought from the KSP store after KSP went to stream are not transferable.

Btw, you can add the KSP executable to steam if you just want it in the library (its the same place like 'activate product').

Note, steam transfer is only available if you bought the game before it went on steam. Games bought from the KSP store after KSP went to stream are not transferable.

Yeah, that might be true. My info is a bit out of date. Maybe writing to support might be the thing to do?

Yeah, that might be true. My info is a bit out of date. Maybe writing to support might be the thing to do?

As far as I understood, only having pre-steam sales transfer to steam was part of the steam deal.

If you can you see this:

pMbBMEc.png

If you cannot, then you are out of luck.

Squad does not offer Steam keys or migration to Steam for purchases that occurred after Marth 20th 2013, sorry.

Link

I bought the game on the KSP Store, but I want it on Steam. Will you give me a Steam Key?

Yes, we now offer the choice to transfer KSP purchases from before the game was available on Steam, note that this process is OPTIONAL and IRREVERSIBLE. If you transfer your purchase to Steam, you will no longer be able to download or update the game from the KSPStore, but also nobody’s forcing you to go to Steam, if you opt not to transfer, you can still download and update the game as usual. To move to Steam, log in to your KSPStore profile and you will find the button to start the process next to your download link. If you can’t see the button in your profile it means you purchased the game after it was on Steam and you are not eligible, no exceptions, please don’t insist. As you can see in our Steam store page, the release date for Steam is March 20th 2013.

darn, I thought I had purchased ksp before that but I guess not. Only thing I would have wanted steam for would have been the easy updates - but maybe, someday, the patcher will work.. someday. Maybe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.