[1.0.2] Automatic Landing Gear/Leg/Solar Panel | Alpha(0.0.4d)

Ekareya

This mod will aim to add basic automation into standard part.

The first one is the automatic raise/lower landing gear for plane.

AutoGear & AutoLeg:

The Gear action group act as a global switch for the automation.

Off: Raise all your gear and turn off the mod.

On : Turn on the mod.

Your landing gear will now retract or extend when your radar altitude go over some threshold.

The threshold are customizable in an editor windows, and the default values in the .cfg

AutoDeploy:

Your Solar panel will automatically retract or extend depending on the atmospheric density and your speed.

Won't extend inside a fairing.

AutoGear.png?_subject_uid=337397403&w=AACxdQwNEDFg7FOudrmr3tFMFxYOgvyS-le8sB40MTrp3w

TODO:

• Auto Fairing deployement in space
  • Auto Solar Pannel on low Battery
  • Auto lock surface control in space
  • Auto decouple on empty tank
  • Auto Air Brake on touchdown
  • Feel free to give me some ideas ;)

-none

ModuleManager is required but not included in the download, please download it from here.

Download: CurseForge | KerbalStuff | GitHub

Source Code: GitHub

License: MIT

• alpha.0.0.4c
    • Bug correction

[*]alpha.0.0.4b

• Bug correction

[*]alpha.0.0.4

• AutoDeploy Release

[*]alpha.0.0.3

• AutoLeg Release

[*]alpha.0.0.2

• Bug correction

[*]alpha.0.0.1

• AutoGear Release

Edited by Ekareya

Out of curiosity, is this your own code or is it based on the old SmartParts mod? (SmartParts was a neat mod but it was missing a couple of features I would've liked to have.) If you're continuing you mod, maybe looking at the old SmartParts code could help?

Once it also does Landing Legs, I have a new mod :D

will be the next one

Out of curiosity, is this your own code or is it based on the old SmartParts mod? (SmartParts was a neat mod but it was missing a couple of features I would've liked to have.) If you're continuing you mod, maybe looking at the old SmartParts code could help?

my own code. but i do like smart parts but always though that adding part was cumbersome (even though the smartParts look damn cool ) , so i decided to do my own. but it's in the same spirit wich is why in the end ,as a tribute, the mod will be called autoSmartParts.

Is altitude based on above terrain or asl?

altitude is based on radar altitude. I took inspiration from the Landing Height mod for that.

Okay, I'll bite... Sounds cool, and should prove useful!

Sweet. Please let me know what you think of it, once you test it =).

Edited by Ekareya

V0.0.4 is here. now with the automatic deployement of Solar Panel when it's safe to do so.

after installing this mod my solar panels REFUSE to stay out even if I turn of the auto deploy part in the right click menu

any help please?!

I've found nasty, unacceptable bug for you.

I've got a very simple satellite in orbit. A Probodobodyne OKTO, four antennae, four OX-STAT solar panels, some fuel and an Ant engine. After installing AutoSmartParts the OX-STAT panels suddenly no longer generate power, killing my probe. Removing AutoSmartParts turned power generation back on. Installing it again brought the issue back.

ouch. yeah it seems like a nasty one indeed. can you send me your save? and do you have other mod installed?

Edit:I found the culprit should be able to push a patch tonight. ( UTC +2)

Edited by Ekareya

• 2 weeks later...

I've not looked at this yet, but I'm assuming auto-lights when it's dark would make the list (obviously selectable, since *ahem*, some of us occasionally forget to add batteries to landers. Of course, I have no idea if there's a built-in mechanic for detecting whether it's dark...

Oh, and auto-brakes when on low power might be a useful one for rovers

I've not looked at this yet, but I'm assuming auto-lights when it's dark would make the list (obviously selectable, since *ahem*, some of us occasionally forget to add batteries to landers. Of course, I have no idea if there's a built-in mechanic for detecting whether it's dark...

Oh, and auto-brakes when on low power might be a useful one for rovers

auto light is already in my list. I haven't look into it yet. ( exam season =p ) but you can know the solarflux you get for every part so i think that should do the trick.

as for the rover i don't really get what you want with the brake?

Noticed kind of a frustrating bug - don't know if it's fixable.

When I put 1x6 solar panels in a 2.5m service bay, when the craft passed over the atmo without the bay having been opened, the panels tried to auto open through it.

hav'nt tested it with a service bay. but when inside a fairing it shouldn't deploy. gonna investigate.

Edit: I can't reproduce it. can you show me a picture of how you setup the panel inside the service bay.

my guess is somehow your panel is clipping through the service bay and then the game think it's not protected from the airstream anymore wich trigger the deployement.

Edited by Ekareya

oh I see. it's because the fairing is not protecting you from airstream anymore. because you opened one side. So as soon as you open the side, the panel deploy isnt it?

when I say side, it's the top or the bottom of the fairing ^^.

So nothing i can really easyly do. And as i got my finals in 2 weeks, nothing I should do about it until then XD.

And it's gonna be a very tricky one. so for the moment jetisson the fairing as soon as you open one side to avoid it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.