[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

3 hours ago, maja said:

Don't assume and look at science.cfg in "GameData\[x] Science!" folder. There is TextFilters section, where you can add or remove your own filters, which will be applied to hide some combinations. Just delete "TEXT_FILTER = Kerbin Splashed Mountains|Highlands" and you'll see them in the list.

There we go, that's the answer i was looking for.... now i know how to fix it, thanks a ton :)

6 hours ago, maja said:

Don't assume and look at science.cfg in "GameData\[x] Science!" folder. There is TextFilters section, where you can add or remove your own filters, which will be applied to hide some combinations. Just delete "TEXT_FILTER = Kerbin Splashed Mountains|Highlands" and you'll see them in the list.

Oh hey, that's a great tip! Thanks!

The comment in that code says that those combinations are not possible in the stock system, but that doesn't seem to be true. At least not anymore, if it was true previously. Perhaps they should be unfiltered? I'll definitely just modify my own for now though, thanks.

Okay so apparently it sometimes filters stuff out and doesn't show me. I turned off textfilters in the config (no its just an empty bracket) and for example baikerbanu shows when I start the game with the window open, but when I enter the VAB or any other building I loose it after exiting. Then the window only shows "0/0". Filters are set to show all and the same happens with other bodies like minmus in my earlier example.

Is there anything I can provide to solve this?

Edit:

here are screenshots to better describe what I mean:

1. After starting the game

f2ckEKx.png 

2. After going to a vessel, deleting "bai" and typing it again:

Z9oEaND.png

Edited by maculator
reasons

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Z-Key Aerospace said:

So I have [x] Science! and TAC Fuel Balancer compiled and working.  They didn't throw any exceptions.  I'll get them published tomorrow.

Great news to hear this is being worked on. This is definitely my own personal must have mod. It is such a hassle to keep track of what's been done, and what's still left to be completed. Thanks for the update!!!

Edited by Busaryda86

I was having editor problems with this forum.  I was having to refresh my browser like crazy before the editor would work.  Now I'm waiting for spacedock to allow me to upload a KSP 1.4.0 mod.  Then it'll be on spacedock and CKAN.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace
KSO => KSP

Hi!

I noticed something that there might just be something wrong in the settings.txt, which contains this section:

TextFilters
	{
		// --- Text Filters - Stock System-----------------
		// In the stock system these combinations are not possible
		TEXT_FILTER = Kerbin Splashed Mountains|Highlands

// [x] Science! is assuming this is in Shores not Grasslands
		// probly need a special case in code, banning it for now.
		TEXT_FILTER = Baikerbanur
	}

should be changed to:

TextFilters
	{
		// TEXT_FILTER = Kerbin Splashed Mountains|Highlands <-- I accomplished BOTH many times!!

}

thanks!

4 hours ago, Zuthor said:

X science isnt updated on Ckan for 1.4

get the 1.4 compatible version here (links is from the startpost, spacedock is not updated either :P)

Edited by LatiMacciato

20 hours ago, Zuthor said:

X science isnt updated on Ckan for 1.4

You can't add mods to Spacedock until the new KSP version is supported by that website.  Spacedock has only just added 1.4

[x] Science! and TAC Fuel Balancer are now on Spacedock and CKAN.

16 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

Hi!

I noticed something that there might just be something wrong in the settings.txt, which contains this section:

TextFilters
	{
		TEXT_FILTER = Kerbin Splashed Mountains|Highlands

}

Are you saying that you can get splashed science at Mountain and Highlands again?

Where?  Do tell.

8 hours ago, Z-Key Aerospace said:

You can't add mods to Spacedock until the new KSP version is supported by that website.  Spacedock has only just added 1.4

[x] Science! and TAC Fuel Balancer are now on Spacedock and CKAN.

Are you saying that you can get splashed science at Mountain and Highlands again?

Where?  Do tell.

maybe Waypoint Manager + ContractPack: Field Research is a good help finding that spots! (that's how I did it many times)

5 hours ago, leatherneck6017 said:

@Z-Key Aerospace This was working great on 1.4.0, tried it on 1.4.1 tonight and got some bad stutter. Removed it and stutter went away. Must need a recompile for 1.4.1.

The stutter is there sonce 1.3 at least. There used to be a fix but I guess the fix isn't available for 1.4 and upwards.

I too would like to bump this issue.

4 hours ago, maculator said:

The stutter is there sonce 1.3 at least. There used to be a fix but I guess the fix isn't available for 1.4 and upwards.

I too would like to bump this issue.

I see. I wonder if career vs. sandbox makes a difference? I think I was playing sandbox on 1.4. I've got a fresh career going on  1.4.1.

2 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I' m getting a notification of a version 5.13 through the mini-AVC but don't see it when I go to the repositories... bug, or did I just happen to catch you in mid-stride?

(Either way, thanks again for maintaining a great mod!)  :cool:

try that link: https://themoose.co.uk/ksp/x-science-v5.13.zip

Edited by LatiMacciato

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.