[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

16 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Warezcrawler I just downloaded your new build just to check if it's new - because of the same Google Drive URL - yes it is.

I will check it out.

Hey... I've done another small update to the dll. I think I found a way to have the mod not loop all vessels for science on very update. Now they are more or less only loop once on very scene change. I simply cache the result and reapply it on the updates instead of recalculating.

This way only the loaded vessels are actually updated, which should be exactly what is needed.

Hope this might help even a little more on the stutter.

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Thank you. I guess it's needed because in the last session I didn't see a significant decrease in stutter.

well, in this last build, I get only very little stutter I can attribute to X-Science. If you are still getting significant stutter, I think you might have to look at other mods as well. Not saying nothing more can be done, but it should no longer be that bad.

There are still specific cases where it does a full recalculation, but that should more or less be reduced to scene changes.

EDIT: And if it wasn't clear, I've uploaded a new version of the dll. Same link.

Edited by Warezcrawler

8 hours ago, Warezcrawler said:

well, in this last build, I get only very little stutter I can attribute to X-Science. If you are still getting significant stutter, I think you might have to look at other mods as well. Not saying nothing more can be done, but it should no longer be that bad.

There are still specific cases where it does a full recalculation, but that should more or less be reduced to scene changes.

EDIT: And if it wasn't clear, I've uploaded a new version of the dll. Same link.

Any chance you can upload a version for 1.3.1? For those of us using RO and RP-1 stuck on 1.3.1.

Edited by bopok

3 minutes ago, Macky03 said:

Found this in the OP :wink:

Unless I'm missing it I don't believe those links have the modified .dll from Warez or John. To be clear I was asking Warezcrawler if he could upload a version of his .dll for 1.3.1. John007qwe had posted a link to a .dll that fixed lag issues for 1.3.1 but it appears as he has updated it to keep up with the versions of KSP he used the same link, overwriting the 1.3.1 version. So, at least as far as I can tell for those of us that are stuck at 1.3.1 for RO/RP-1 there isn't an available link for a .dll that reduces the stutter/lag.

On 16.3.2018 at 7:50 PM, Naeku said:

Is it posible that you overwrite the 1.3.1 dll?

OMG darn this is why this "optimized" .dll is not working on my RSS/RO @1.3.1 install - overwriting a working .dll with a not working .dll :/

On 20.3.2018 at 12:23 PM, marshmallowking said:

here's a link to the old version https://transfer.sh/Wy95e/[x] Science!.dll

Could you please reupload that one? It's three weeks ago and already gone...

@Warezcrawler back in 1.4.2 + OPM + Extrasolar (+KCT + Scrapyard + Oh Scrap!):

[X] Science! doesn't want to show me available experiments any more, as it seems...

This is what [X]Science! says before I click on "Crew report":
EXRBWKe.png

This is what is shown in Kerbalism data window after clicking on "Crew report" (hovering over the entry for proof that science points are available for this data transfer):
Oa3vA3X.png

Log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/miult4rxhqjhby7/2018-04-13_2 KSP.log.7z?dl=1

17 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@Warezcrawler Could you also fix that already transmitted EVA reports (with 100% science fulfilled) never trigger again? These are most annoying in crewed missions...

I don't know about the EVA reports as such, but I have noticed that I was a bit too aggressive in my reduction of calculations done, resulting in the recalculation of transmitted science not being registered correctly.

I've done an update where the calculation is restored, but instead of running it less i tried to optimize it a little. I hope it might fix the EVA thingy as well.

Download Here....

@Warezcrawler, @Gordon Dry, @John007qwe, @marshmallowking

Read through the last few pages, but I was unable to grab a fixed dll for 1.3.1 from any of the links (working some weird shifts the last few weeks)...

Do any of you still have a working 1.3.1 (fixed lag) version?  Or has everyone moved to 1.4.x?  I'm really hoping to not update to 1.4.x yet....

14 hours ago, smotheredrun said:

@Warezcrawler, @Gordon Dry, @John007qwe, @marshmallowking

Read through the last few pages, but I was unable to grab a fixed dll for 1.3.1 from any of the links (working some weird shifts the last few weeks)...

Do any of you still have a working 1.3.1 (fixed lag) version?  Or has everyone moved to 1.4.x?  I'm really hoping to not update to 1.4.x yet....

I never did an unofficial build for 1.3.1. That said, 1.4.2 is much better than 1.3.1 so you should consider upgrading.

I've had a wierd issue. I have a space ship going to Duna. X-Science seemed to work fine until I hit Ike SOI. The X-Science gave me no results... When returning to Duna SOI it started working again. I tried save->reload. Returning to KSC and returning to my craft....

Has anybody else had a similar experience? Can anybody maybe figure out what is happening.... I have been looking like krazy at the code, and cannot figure out where this issue could stem from....

Could there be a biome issue maybe? Did 1.4.2 change any biomes? According to my science I collected manually I was high above "Eastern Mountain Ridge"... It was quite a fast flyby when arriving at Duna....

On 16/04/2018 at 5:54 PM, Warezcrawler said:

I never did an unofficial build for 1.3.1. That said, 1.4.2 is much better than 1.3.1 so you should consider upgrading.

Hi, thanks for the work on getting [X]Science working. Us Realism Overhaul players can't move to 1.4 though because RO has only just been updated for 1.3.1. Our only options are a 1.3.1 fixed version, or do without. That's probably why everyone's pestering you.

Edited by Damien212

On 20/04/2018 at 5:06 AM, Warezcrawler said:

I've had a wierd issue. I have a space ship going to Duna. X-Science seemed to work fine until I hit Ike SOI. The X-Science gave me no results... When returning to Duna SOI it started working again. I tried save->reload. Returning to KSC and returning to my craft....

Has anybody else had a similar experience? Can anybody maybe figure out what is happening.... I have been looking like krazy at the code, and cannot figure out where this issue could stem from....

Could there be a biome issue maybe? Did 1.4.2 change any biomes? According to my science I collected manually I was high above "Eastern Mountain Ridge"... It was quite a fast flyby when arriving at Duna....

Are you using the official version or the unofficial DLL. Might be related to something the unofficial DLL skips to reduce lag?

6 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Are you using the official version or the unofficial DLL. Might be related to something the unofficial DLL skips to reduce lag?

You are of cause right.... But then I would not expect it to work all other places I've been - I would expect similar issues all over. And that is also why I'm posing the question open.... Am I then only one with the observation?

But the point you make is definitely not invalid, which is why if I do not find an answer, I will replace my install of X-Science next time I have the issue in order to isolate if it is something I've done, or something else. I'm not even sure it is X-Science that is the problem. I have my eyes on this right now

private void UpdateScienceSubjects( )
{
	var SciSubjects = ( ResearchAndDevelopment.GetSubjects( ) ?? new List<ScienceSubject>( ) );
	Dictionary<string,ScienceSubject> SciDict = SciSubjects.ToDictionary( p => p.id );

_scienceSubjects = SciDict;
}

I'm unsure if the "ResearchAndDevelopment.GetSubjects()" returns a value, and that part is stock.

8 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Hey, that's a really cool skybox. Where can I get it?

But I'm not using TRR, I use

that means all .dds files inside the archive's Default and EnvMap folders go directly to GameData\DiRT\Textures\

I also use a different sun corona, but actually I'm not sure where I got it from ... :D

On 20/4/2018 at 2:34 PM, Damien212 said:

Hi, thanks for the work on getting [X]Science working. Us Realism Overhaul players can't move to 1.4 though because RO has only just been updated for 1.3.1. Our only options are a 1.3.1 fixed version, or do without. That's probably why everyone's pestering you.

Ok... Sorry to hear that. I made at rebuild for 1.3.1 & 1.4.2 of my latest build. Compared with the last one, the changes are minor.

.dll for 1.4.2

.dll for 1.3.1

I hope it work.... The 1.3.1 one is untested, but same code as for 1.4.2.

EDIT: Source

Edited by Warezcrawler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.