[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

3 hours ago, FerritCore said:

Reinstalled and works fine now.

On the other hand, i still get a lag, everytime i click an experiment.

Is there a workaround?

Try out this version of X-Science.

On 4/22/2018 at 1:34 PM, Warezcrawler said:

I've updated the .dll's again today... Made an extra check when transmitting science....

.dll for 1.4.2

.dll for 1.3.1

@Z-Key Aerospace and @Warezcrawler I'm not sure whose actively maintaining this mod at the moment, and reading back a few pages I see warezcrawler seems to have released a few dll updates, so I wasn't sure who to ping, so forgive me. I'm reaching out to you on behalf of Angel-125 in regards to his mod:

Has added 2 experiments that xscience is recognizing and giving science points when it shouldn't, and he was wanting to see if xscience could be modified to exclude these experiments so credit isn't being given for conducting these experiments The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment. He tried patching things on his end so that xscience wouldn't see the experiments, but was not successful. Again, sorry if I've pinged the wrong individuals, and thank you for your time.

@Z-Key Aerospace & @Warezcrawler

I've implemented this in both the KEI and Experiment Tracker mods which I maintain.

They both are using the same file (KEI, since it already had a number of excluded experiments).

It's fairly easy to do, feel free to grab my code, from here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ExperimentTracker/blob/7ef2f128bc13613d8f3e9fc73591ad8923f383bf/ExperimentTracker/ExperimentTracker.cs#L47-L96

and here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ExperimentTracker/blob/7ef2f128bc13613d8f3e9fc73591ad8923f383bf/ExperimentTracker/ExperimentTracker.cs#L319-L332

The commented out lines are used in KEI, but not used (at present) in Experiment Tracker.

Would be great if you could use the same file, would make it much easier on mod authors to support this type of functionality

15 hours ago, vardicd said:

Has added 2 experiments that xscience is recognizing and giving science points when it shouldn't, and he was wanting to see if xscience could be modified to exclude these experiments so credit isn't being given for conducting these experiments The experiments in question are: GravioliumStudy and wbiSaucerResearchExperiment. He tried patching things on his end so that xscience wouldn't see the experiments, but was not successful. Again, sorry if I've pinged the wrong individuals, and thank you for your time.

The xscience has a similar functionality but it uses it's own definitions stored in science.cfg. This file can be used to exclude experiments as I've done in this post

@Z-Key Aerospace & @Warezcrawler actually the time warp is always stopped when the situation changes - but the data is already gahtered and in the transmission queue of Kerbalism. @N70 @PiezPiedPy

Is it possible that [x] Science! just recognizes that the science data is already gathered and scheduled for Kerbalism transmission, so time warp will not be stopped?

• 3 weeks later...

Got a bit of a problem that may or may not be related to the way this mod works with 1.4.4 (which I know isn't supported yet) or something in 1.4.4 itself.... if that makes sense?

Anyway, I'm doing the usual 'build a rover with a scientist on board to collect data around the KSC' thang today and I am finding it really hard to get some of the biomes. Rather than getting "Landed VAB Main Building (Shores)", when I touch the object in question I get "Landed at Kerbin's Vehicle Main Assembly Building" with no available experiments. I back away and it doesn't change back until I go on EVA or move to somewhere like Mission Control.

I noticed some of the R&D biomes were in specific spots (like doorways), did they make them smaller and more specific?

On 5/21/2018 at 10:09 PM, EstebanLB said:

@Z-Key Aerospace is there a way to add an automatic sum indicator on the lower right corner of the [x]Science window that sums all the available science to gather of the currently shown list with search filter applied?

Also, I think that the two alternative launch site biomes are not being detected by the Science Now!(in flight status) window

Bumping request, is the author updating the mod at least?

7 hours ago, DJWyre said:

Anyway, I'm doing the usual 'build a rover with a scientist on board to collect data around the KSC' thang today

Doesn't directly answer your question, but you might be interested in KEI.  (I've always thought it's pretty ridiculous that you have to research rover technology to take a temperature reading from the VAB's front lawn.)

3 hours ago, EstebanLB said:

Bumping request, is the author updating the mod at least?

The current release works fine in 1.4.4.

1 hour ago, Wyzard said:

Doesn't directly answer your question, but you might be interested in KEI.  (I've always thought it's pretty ridiculous that you have to research rover technology to take a temperature reading from the VAB's front lawn.)

The current release works fine in 1.4.4.

I meant for what I said earlier

• 3 weeks later...

I just started playing again and immeadiately installed the mod again. However I see the lingering issue of the slight stutter when completing experiments is still present. I tried overwriting the .dll recommended in this post at the top of the page:

On 5/24/2018 at 6:59 PM, Warezcrawler said:

Try out this version of X-Science.

The problem still remains. Is there another workaround? 

EDIT: Oh, it only took the first part of that post, not sure why that is, anyway the post is at the top of this page. It had a version for 1.4.2 but another post said it worked for the latest version. 

Edited by Alexology

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:13 PM, DJWyre said:

Got a bit of a problem that may or may not be related to the way this mod works with 1.4.4 (which I know isn't supported yet) or something in 1.4.4 itself.... if that makes sense?

Anyway, I'm doing the usual 'build a rover with a scientist on board to collect data around the KSC' thang today and I am finding it really hard to get some of the biomes. Rather than getting "Landed VAB Main Building (Shores)", when I touch the object in question I get "Landed at Kerbin's Vehicle Main Assembly Building" with no available experiments. I back away and it doesn't change back until I go on EVA or move to somewhere like Mission Control.

I noticed some of the R&D biomes were in specific spots (like doorways), did they make them smaller and more specific?

Here is another mod that can help make an early rover to get KSC Science.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/171377-14x-grounded-modular-vehicles-r20-mobile-stairs-ksc-service-vehicles-more-car-parts-mar-18-2018/

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome mod, can't believe I played career without it before! I have a feature request if you would consider it, currently it's super annoying that I can't see which experiments I did in the Mobile Lab, and this mod looks like a function like that would fit it perfectly. Like an orange dot next to experiments that have been put in the mobile lab would go a super long way.

Thanks for the awesome work.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an odd issue with xScience. I think it started a couple months ago after one of KSP updates. The Here&Now window shows a lot of experiments that are actually completed as available. E.g. it shows that Temperature Scan hasn't been done, but in fact it's been a long, long time ago.

I suspect it may have something to do with Science Revisited Revisited, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen before.

6 hours ago, garwel said:

I have an odd issue with xScience. I think it started a couple months ago after one of KSP updates. The Here&Now window shows a lot of experiments that are actually completed as available. E.g. it shows that Temperature Scan hasn't been done, but in fact it's been a long, long time ago.

I suspect it may have something to do with Science Revisited Revisited, but I'm pretty sure it didn't happen before.

Did you check the settings menu and make sure completed science is disabled from showing?

38 minutes ago, Vaga said:

Did you check the settings menu and make sure completed science is disabled from showing?

Yes. And xScience thinks it's not completed showing the empty progress bar when in fact it should be full. Will try to make a screenshot if it helps.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Yes. And xScience thinks it's not completed showing the empty progress bar when in fact it should be full. Will try to make a screenshot if it helps.

Did you check a state of that science in the research center?

3 hours ago, Johnny Chemo said:

Kinda new to KSP and modding esp, but my installation of CKAN doesn't seem to be aware of the new (1.4.5 compatible) version of the mod. Is there something I have to

do for it to update properly? 

Thanks!

Uninstall mod in CKAN.

Unpack this in your KSP folder.

Reload CKAN (to "detect" new mod in it).

9 hours ago, Johnny Chemo said:

Kinda new to KSP and modding esp, but my installation of CKAN doesn't seem to be aware of the new (1.4.5 compatible) version of the mod. Is there something I have to

do for it to update properly? 

Thanks!

Which versions of KSP do you have selected in CKAN (under Settings > Compatible KSP versions)?

5 hours ago, Gooner said:

Unfortunately i get huge lag spikes when using this mod even after trying various dll fixes so had to remove it (1.3.1). Otherwise it was one of my favourite mods .

I checked my log and nothing arise, but I do get huge lags on 1.4.5 every time I make an experiment. I've got i7 8700k with 32GB DDR4, I doubt it's computer related.

I played on 1.4.x and didn't get these lag spikes but since latest versions it got back with huge force.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.