[KSP 1.4.5] [x] Science! - KSP Science report and checklist (V5.17)

13 minutes ago, EstebanLB said:

@Z-Key AerospaceCan we get a threshold slider option to mark the not 100% recoverable experiments as complete? like the Mistery Goo and Materials Bay, when you get 95% of that experiment, mark it as done

You have to do those 4 times or get a mod that lets you collect all the science from 1 experiment.

3 minutes ago, Vaga said:

You have to do those 4 times or get a mod that lets you collect all the science from 1 experiment.

Not quite what I need, I'm good with the ammount of science I've got with the effort I put, the problem is that I want to mark those experiments as complete, that is directly related to this mod

• 1 month later...

Performance is too suck still. =(  I installed a beyond kerbin planets mod and I have like 20 experiments at each site to make sure I'm not grinding all month to get a FTL capable ship... Well, it takes literally 9 seconds to do basically anything.... Switch SOI? -> 9 seconds; run an experiment -> 9 seconds; transmit an experiment -> 9 seconds,  Get out of the pod -> 9 seconds; let go of a ladder -> 9 seconds,  FOR EACH EXPERIMENT!!! It's basically unplayable. Plz get yourself an algorithms textbook and a pot of coffee. =\ 

I can try to help, plz do e-mail me with stuff you want me to fix or look at... 

8 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Performance is too suck still. =(  I installed a beyond kerbin planets mod and I have like 20 experiments at each site to make sure I'm not grinding all month to get a FTL capable ship... Well, it takes literally 9 seconds to do basically anything.... Switch SOI? -> 9 seconds; run an experiment -> 9 seconds; transmit an experiment -> 9 seconds,  Get out of the pod -> 9 seconds; let go of a ladder -> 9 seconds,  FOR EACH EXPERIMENT!!! It's basically unplayable. Plz get yourself an algorithms textbook and a pot of coffee. =\ 

I can try to help, plz do e-mail me with stuff you want me to fix or look at... 

Try reading back a page or so.

It seems that @Z-Key Aerospace isn't doing too much, at least he hasn't responded here for months.

However, @Warezcrawler has released an unofficial updated version which seems to fix a number of the issues, see the following post:

On 6/26/2018 at 5:53 PM, Wyzard said:

Doesn't directly answer your question, but you might be interested in KEI.  (I've always thought it's pretty ridiculous that you have to research rover technology to take a temperature reading from the VAB's front lawn.)

The current release works fine in 1.4.4.

While I like and use KEI, do note that you don't need rover tech for this stuff. Before I started using KEI, I regularly did that stuff with an aircraft that I just taxied around the base. I did need basic aircraft tech, but that's all. Didn't need to worry about making the craft flyable - just a cockpit, jet engine, and enough structure to mount some landing gear on.. Still a bit of a nuisance and boring time sink, so I do now use KEI instead, but you don't need rover tech.

Hmm I occasionally get the game unresponsive to key strokes for 5-10 seconds (Frustrating if it comes when your getting ready to do a burn at a node) and will have to try this modified [X]Science.dll to see if it goes away.

I never knew what the cause of the unresponsiveness was and was not annoyed enough to bother trying to solve it.

@deltadt : Please give mod authors a reasonable amount of time after KSP update before asking about mod updates.   (At least a week, longer for more complex mods, or mods which depend on other mods).  I can't speak for Z-Key Aerospace, but if he doesn't release an update, then I expect someone will adopt this mod.

I'm mostly mad at Squad right now for just dumping this on us without really advertising a release date and breaking my career game BAD while changing far more than they should have at this point in the game's life. Also the major change in the game's underlying aesthetic.... -- beat up junky parts -> sleek modern parts. Give the mod authors 2-3 weeks on this one, Squad really did a number on the game this time. =\

9 minutes ago, AlonzoTG said:

I'm mostly mad at Squad right now for just dumping this on us without really advertising a release date and breaking my career game BAD while changing far more than they should have at this point in the game's life. Also the major change in the game's underlying aesthetic.... -- beat up junky parts -> sleek modern parts. Give the mod authors 2-3 weeks on this one, Squad really did a number on the game this time. =\

You can always keep/revert back to the previous version(s).

24 minutes ago, AlonzoTG said:

I always copy my KSP install outside of Steam before installing mods.  That way KSP updates won't break a modded career.

1 hour ago, AlonzoTG said:

Running the game out of tree hasn't worked since 1.4 because of all the "phone home" functions Take Two added. =( 

Not true.  I've got a 1.4.3 and a 1.4.5 game directory separate from the clean Steam install directory.  I'll be making another one just to preserve a clean 1.4.5 before I contemplate a move to 1.5.

12 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

I'm mostly mad at Squad right now for just dumping this on us without really advertising a release date <snip> Give the mod authors 2-3 weeks on this one

I've never known a game that had such well telegraphed updates; they've been saying the patch is under development for a couple of months, and while they didn't give an exact date we've known it was coming this month since this time last month. Disruption happens, and is bound to, but it's not in anyone's interests to make the process more fraught than it actually is.

12 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

Running the game out of tree hasn't worked since 1.4 because of all the "phone home" functions Take Two added.

What "phone home" functions? The call to RedShell? Just block it in your firewall. The only other outgoing connection the game makes is to Unity, and neither of these are required to succeed for the game to launch. Source: I have 96 hours of playtime recorded in Steam, but have spent closer to ten times as long actually in-game.

Anyway, this is veering wildly off-topic...

I've never experienced the kinds of delays some people are having when they switch experiment sites. Weird.

13 hours ago, AlonzoTG said:

I gather you are running the game in your Steam directory?  Bad idea, as you just found out.

And how will advertising a release date help mod authors?  

If you are so happy with 1.4.5, then have Steam revert the game, and continue playing in that.

On 10/16/2018 at 4:17 PM, Gordon Dry said:

@BlackHat That Warezcrawler version from May did not really help, the thing still lagged several seconds for me...

Or did you make any other experience?

I did not notice any real change.

Re; Bugging Mod authors for updates. ( Someone said wait a week, before asking, and someone else said wait 2-3 weeks)

And the correct answer is: "Don't!"  Your not supposed to be bugging Modders for updates to their mods. So posting in various topics "When will you make an end?" is NOT kosher here in the KSP forums. Refer to: 

Finally signed up now that I feel I have something to contribute..

I compiled the binaries for Science X for 1.50 using the changes on the github page. Link is here: [MOD - Download link removed, as it does not include the full, modified source code]

See the relevant updates made to the source code here: https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science/issues/28?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container

Edited by sumghai
Removed download link due to missing source code

On 10/18/2018 at 8:20 PM, multiphrenic said:

I compiled the binaries for Science X for 1.50 using the changes on the github page. Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bmkmx0txba4nyw/%5Bx%5D%20Science%21.zip?dl=0

See the relevant updates made to the source code here: https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-X-Science/issues/28?_pjax=%23js-repo-pjax-container

dosnt work buddy.... 

On 10/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, multiphrenic said:

I compiled the binaries for Science X for 1.50 using the changes on the github page. Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bmkmx0txba4nyw/%5Bx%5D%20Science%21.zip?dl=0

Make sure to deal with any problems anyone reports to you about your patch, since it is YOUR patch.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, multiphrenic said:

Worked for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.