[WIP][1.3] SolarSailNavigator v1.0.9

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did  you download it?

Which version did you download?

What version of the game are you using?

Log files are also necessary

Persistent Thrust was downloaded through ckan, while Solar Sail Navigator was downloaded through the link provided on the post I originally quoted. Using latest KSP version. I didn't think log files would be necessary since it's just a Mini AVC warning but I can provide them once I get home

8 hours ago, arkaik said:

Persistent Thrust was downloaded through ckan, while Solar Sail Navigator was downloaded through the link provided on the post I originally quoted. Using latest KSP version. I didn't think log files would be necessary since it's just a Mini AVC warning but I can provide them once I get home

If it's a Miniavc issue, then you absolutely have to install ZeroMiniAVC if it's not installed already

Late reply, I was focused on the GMTK Game Jam. 

That's weird, I have no idea why my build of SSN would conflict with PTE given that its entire purpose is to be compatible with that mod. Try deleting SSN and redownloading my build maybe. The GameData folder for the plugin, if its the version I made, should be called PersistentThrustNavigator. (I renamed it because it doesn't have solar sails anymore)

On 7/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, arkaik said:

Hey! Just downloaded this to test it out but game is complaining about a duplicate PersistentThrust.dll, I have both this mod and Persistent Thrust Extended installed so that seems to be the conflict. Should I ignore this or delete one of the .dll files?

One extra reply here, where is this duplicate dll file located? PTN shouldn't come with PersistentThrust.dll bundled in, and if it is that's probably a mistake on my part.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, nubeees said:

To avoid spamming, I'll just place this in the same post

https://github.com/JarredEagley/PersistentThrustNavigator/releases/tag/v1.1.2

I'll have to test further tomorrow since the install I tried wasn't the most best testing environment, but, there might possibly be a conflict with Kopernicus Expansion. There's a couple other things that it could have been due to some synchronicities of the system I was using and number of installed mods, which is why I'll have to test further tomorrow (don't feel like waiting through all the loading involved in testing tonight), but having ptn installed caused Kopernicus to fail to load a celestial body right at the point it called upon KopEx (and in the same way it does if that's missing), so there preliminarily appears to be something there and I figured I'd bring the attention early just in case.

Will update when I have cleaner data.

Edited by WarriorSabe

So, update on that, after further testing:

The incompatibility appears to be specifically with regional PQS mods. When I looked deeper into the logs, I found an exception thrown by said KopEx plugin complaining about a duplicate name within the assembly - specifically:

Spoiler
[LOG 00:59:09.900] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'PQSModCreator' from assembly 'KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods'
[EXC 00:59:11.019] ArgumentException: Duplicate type name within an assembly.
    System.Reflection.Emit.ModuleBuilder.DefineType (System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attr, System.Type parent, System.Type[] interfaces, System.Reflection.Emit.PackingSize packingSize, System.Int32 typesize) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    System.Reflection.Emit.ModuleBuilder.DefineType (System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attr, System.Type parent, System.Type[] interfaces) (at <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0)
    TriAxis.RunSharp.TypeGen..ctor (TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen owner, System.String name, System.Reflection.TypeAttributes attrs, System.Type baseType, System.Type[] interfaces, TriAxis.RunSharp.ITypeMapper typeMapper) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
    TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen.Class (System.String name, System.Type baseType, System.Type[] interfaces) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
    TriAxis.RunSharp.AssemblyGen.Class (System.String name, System.Type baseType) (at <fd18e0ef899946d5b101c3255bfcbde8>:0)
    KopernicusExpansion.RegionalPQSMods.PQSModCreator.Awake () (at <f5e1172978524a599c9056aa1686da11>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
    AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
    AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
    <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
    GameDatabase:StartLoad()
    <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
    LoadingScreen:Start()

While I don't have a way to look at your actual source code (the repository itself isn't updated in your fork), removing the two Assembly-CSharp .dlls fixed the issue, and didn't seem to break anything in PTN either. I also removed all the Unity .dlls without seeming to break anything, as they seemed like they were probably also redundant files that simply got exported out of your workspace and weren't all cleaned up.

I'd recommend checking through and pruning redundant files, and perhaps updating the repository.

Edited by WarriorSabe

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2022 at 6:07 AM, WarriorSabe said:

So, update on that, after further testing:

The incompatibility appears to be specifically with regional PQS mods. When I looked deeper into the logs, I found an exception thrown by said KopEx plugin complaining about a duplicate name within the assembly specifically:

<snip>

While I don't have a way to look at your actual source code (the repository itself isn't updated in your fork), removing the two Assembly-CSharp .dlls fixed the issue, and didn't seem to break anything in PTN either. I also removed all the Unity .dlls without seeming to break anything, as they seemed like they were probably also redundant files that simply got exported out of your workspace and weren't all cleaned up.

I'd recommend checking through and pruning redundant files, and perhaps updating the repository.

Thanks! I probably should do that. I've been away for a while, starting a new job. Last time I touched PTN, I tried (and failed) to get predictions to behave properly in planetary reference frames. Never considered that redundant files might've been exported.

I'm surprised you're not able to see my sourcecode. That sounds broken. I'll have to take a look when I get some free time.

10 hours ago, nubeees said:

I'm surprised you're not able to see my sourcecode. That sounds broken. I'll have to take a look when I get some free time.

also FYI for @WarriorSabe

is it because your updated code seems to be on this branch of your repo?:
https://github.com/JarredEagley/PersistentThrustNavigator/tree/PTNavigator

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, HebaruSan said:

Hi @nubeees, I've submitted a fix for the duplicate DLL issue; the build system is copying all the dependent DLLs (including ones from KSP!) to the output folder when that's not needed (or good) for KSP mods:

Should be merged in! I'll run a build and release over the weekend. Thanks! :)

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2023 at 8:53 AM, nubeees said:

Should be merged in! I'll run a build and release over the weekend. Thanks! :)

Any updates on the status of this? I was just recently reminded of this, but don't see much activity on the github

• 1 month later...
On 7/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, WarriorSabe said:

Any updates on the status of this? I was just recently reminded of this, but don't see much activity on the github

Status: I dropped off the face of the Earth for a while there and have no excuse.  Anyways! Here's the release: https://github.com/JarredEagley/PersistentThrustNavigator/releases/tag/v1.1.3

On 7/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, nubeees said:

compatible with the most recent version of PersistentThrust

Hi, can you give us any clues as to which version exactly this is referring to? Is it this one?

(Asking because that's the one on CKAN, so if there's a newer fork, we'll need to update that first...)

Also, which game versions are compatible? Just 1.12?

Edited by HebaruSan

On 8/22/2023 at 9:32 PM, HebaruSan said:

Hi, can you give us any clues as to which version exactly this is referring to? Is it this one?

(Asking because that's the one on CKAN, so if there's a newer fork, we'll need to update that first...)

Also, which game versions are compatible? Just 1.12?

Last compiled release was targeting FreeThinker's Persistent Thrust mod. Looks like it was version 1.8. I think that's still the latest version.

Should still work with the latest Kerbal Space Program (I hope). Let me know if it breaks and I'll take a look.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.