SOLVED [BUG 1.0] Black screen on launch pad and celestial view after back on spaceport

I can also attest to Hyperedit causing this exact problem after mucking about with planet positions. It seems if you do something incredibly stupid, like say placing Jool 400km from Kerbin, it... well, it destroys Kerbin. You end up with that exact screen, and the map will show your craft in orbit around Jool, and staging doesn't work. Word to the wise: don't do anything crazy with Hyperedit unless you don't care about destroying your save file!

Ok, so I just recently found this exact same glitch (version 1.02, vanilla) as soon as my Kerbal scientist softly landed head first on the flats from a landed craft on Minmus. Loading a quicksave from a couple minutes prior does nothing, neither does trying to switch camera back to the craft with the pilot. Game restart and resume lets me see the Kerbin base just fine, but if I try to take command of the minmus expedition, the glitch resumes.

Decided to make new support post.

Edited by pgiustino
Decided to make new support post

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

watch?v=iZ-6sPGtNBs&feature=youtu.be

i have the same problem on 1.0.5....idk if its the mods that im using, or the updater that i use (CKAN) i use warships (especially BBs) and weapons a lot, so i hope that is not a problem...

i use these following parts:

1. submarine systems

2. ww2warships

3. largeboatpack

4. nas

5. ksp boat parts

6. pew (pormethium experimental weapons)

7. BDarmory

i also use these following mods:

A. BDarmory DMP

B. Dark Multiplayer

C. fshangerextender

D. tweakscale

E. n.a.n.a sinking about

F. vessel mover 

G. mechjeb

all of em are at the latest version.....

Edited by Komander Faul
adding a video proof

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.