DMagic

CapCom V2.11

Gs8BJJa.png

Download on Space Dock

Download on Curse Forge

Download on GitHub

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg

--------------------

btn_donate_SM.gif Consider donating if you like what you see here. * Money will not go directly to development or upkeep of this addon

--------------------

Source is available at GitHub

FAQ

• What is CapCom?
    • CapCom is a user interface that allows for reviewing, accepting, declining or canceling contracts outside of the Mission Control Center building
    • It provides a number of features not found in the Mission Control Center; these are described below
  • How do the keyboard shortcuts work?When the window is selected keyboard shortcuts are available for several functions
    • The Up/Down arrows are used to cycle through contracts in the currently selected list
    • The Right/Left arrows are used to switch lists
    • The Enter key is used to accept an offered contract
    • The Del key is used to decline or cancel a contract
    • The Left Ctrl key is used to select multiple contracts when held down
    • All keys can be reassigned in the settings window
  •  Is CapCom designed to replace the in-flight contract list app?
    • CapCom can be used to monitor active contracts, but it is not designed as a replacement for the Contracts App
    • For an addon designed specifically for doing that try the Contracts Window +
  • Something has gone wrong; where can I get help?

• If you run into errors, contracts not visible in a list, contracts not being accepted, window not being displayed properly, etc... report problems either to the GitHub Issues section or the this thread

Sort Bar

KKkif1g.png

Controls contract sorting options and order

• Contracts can be sorted based on a variety of criteria in either ascending or descending order
    • Contract difficulty, as noted by the number of stars
    • Contract reward amounts; Funds, Science, or Reputation
    • Contract agency, sorted alphabetically
    • Target planet, not all contracts have target planets associated with them; addon contracts rely on the planet being in the contract title
    • Time Remaining, sorted by expiration date for offered contracts, deadline for active contracts, and completion date for finished contracts
  • Current active contract count and max contract limit are shown above

Selecting the rewards sorting option will open a drop-down menu; select the desired reward type here

p1NNhwy.png

Contract List

uBw8GHE.png

Separate contract lists are available based on contract status

• Review, accept, and decline offered contracts
    • Dependent upon the maximum contracts allowed by the current Mission Control Center building level
  • Review active contracts
    • Mission status is updated for each contract
    • Cancel active contracts if allowed
  • Review completed contracts

• Review progress nodes

Currently selected contracts are indicated by the green bar on the left

• By holding the multi-select key (left Ctrl by default; can be edited) multiple contracts can be selected or de-selected
  • Multiple contracts can be accepted, declined, or canceled if allowed

Contract Header

HQh88N1.png

The title and agency of the currently selected contract is shown here, along with the primary contract controls

• The accept, decline, and cancel buttons are shown on the right, depending on the contract's status
  • The agency flag is a button, pressing it opens the agency info screen
  • The settings menu can be opened with the gear icon in the upper-right
  • The X icon will close the window
  • The controls are not available while in the editor

By default a warning popup is displayed when you decline or cancel a contract; both options can be adjusted in the settings menu

MYFREr2.png

Basic Contract Info

FSbIHBq.png

The nonsense mission briefing and short mission synopsis are shown at the top of this area

• An option to hide the mission briefing text is available in the settings menu
  • Mission duration and deadline times are updated in real-time

Contract Objectives

vheC0BB.png

Each contract parameter, its status and any rewards are displayed next

• The status of each parameter is indicated by an icon on the left
  • Parameter and mission notes can be hidden by default using an option in the settings menu; if selected they can then be displayed by clicking a blue note icon
  • Reward values also incorporate any strategy modifiers

Contract Rewards

rSTlPpQ.png

The overall mission rewards are displayed at the bottom of the window

• These also reflect any changes made by strategy modifiers
  • Contract decline penalties are shown for offered contracts

Progress Nodes

5NbkWe5.png

Lists for all completed Worlds First Progress Nodes are shown when the globe icon is selected

WyzE6eD.png

Rewards and information about each progress node are shown for the selected list

Agency Info

taMAEqY.png

When the agency flag is selected a separate text area will appear

• Basic information about the current agency is displayed
  • Each agency mentality is shown, along with a description if available
  • Other contracts offered or already accepted by the same agency are displayed

------------------------------

Settings Window

KVvXHoZ.png

Config Options

EAvmNlI.png

At the top of the settings window are several toggle options

• Hide Mission Briefing Text will prevent the nonsense mission briefing from being shown at all
  • Hide Mission Notes will cause mission and parameter notes to be hidden by default, they can be displayed by clicking on the blue + icon next to each note
  • Warn on Decline causes a warning window with a confirmation button to appear when declining an offered contract
  • Warn on Cancel causes a warning window with a confirmation button to appear when canceling an active contract
  • Tooltips are available for several of the icon buttons
  • Use Stock App Launcher is available only if [thread=60863]Blizzy78's Toolbar[/thread] is installed; turning this option off will cause the CapCom button to use that toolbar

Keyboard Shortcuts

zKNYILc.png

All of the keyboard shortcut keys can be reassigned here

• Select the key to be reassigned using the buttons on the right
  • With the reassign window open push any key (don't take screenshots with the window open...); push accept to save the new setting
  • Use the Save button at the bottom to accept any changes; the Cancel button will revert any changes made
ChangeLog:
Spoiler

v2.11
- Update for KSP 1.8

v2.10
- Fix a control lock issue when closing the settings window

v2.9
- Update for KSP 1.4.5

- Update for Progress Parser version 10.0
      - Required for some problems with point of interest progress nodes

v2.8
- Update for KSP 1.4

- Update for Contract Parser 8.0
- Update for Progress Parser 9.0

v2.7
- Updated for Contract Parser v7 and Progress Parser v8
- Russian and Polish translations for extra progress and contract notes

v2.6
- Updated for KSP 1.3

- Updated for Contract Parser 6.0
- Updated for Progress Parser 7.0

- Limited localization support

- Display total contract reward in the contract header
      - contract plus all parameter rewards
- Fix bug in sorting contracts by reward value

v2.5
- Updated for KSP 1.2

- Updated for Contract Parser 5.0
- Updated for Progress Parser 6.0
- Updated for Contract Configurator 1.20.x

- Updated Toolbar wrapper
- Fix Unity initialization errors

v2.4
- Adds support for Contract Configurator 1.15.x
   - All offered CC contracts should be displayed
        - Potentially offered contracts (those with unmet conditions) will not be displayed
   - Accurate contract counts and max active contract limits displayed
   - A new button **CCRefresh** can be found in the top right section of the window
        - This manually refreshes the Contract Configurator database
        - This can be used outside of the Space Center to check for newly offered contracts
        - There is a 30 second timer that prevents repeated refreshes

- Fixes an issue that prevented the correct window scale from loading

- Contract Parser and Progress Parser have not been updated
    - Existing copies from CapCom or Contracts Window + are compatible

v2.3
- Update for KSP 1.1.3
- Update for Contract Parser 4.0
- Update for Progress Parser 5.0

- Fix an error caused by different date time formatters
- Move settings config file to PluginData folder to avoid Module Manager cache resets

v2.2
- Update for KSP 1.1.2

- Update for Contract Parser 3.0
- Update for Progress Parser 4.0

- Disable keyboard shortcuts when the window is closed
- Add option to disable all keyboard shortcuts
- Add option to only disable the Accept and Decline/Cancel keys
- Disable Accept key when the Decline warning window is open
- Fix an issue where the window would not open after exiting the Mission Control building

v2.1
- Update for KSP 1.1

- Update for Progress Parser 0.3
- Update for Contract Parser 0.2

- Fix contract expiration time sorting
- Add window scaling feature

v2.0
- New installation location; must fully remove any old copies of CapCom
- New addon dependencies: Progress Parser and Contract Parser
    - Both found in the same folder as CapCom GameData/DMagicUtitlities/

- Add progress node records
- Add custom contract notes to some contracts
    - Clarify which available parts will satisfy certain contract requirements
- Add/fix passive editor mode
- Fix many instances of contracts accepted while in flight not behaving correctly until a reload
    - Stock contracts should all be completable if accepted while in flight without requiring a reload
    - Most mod contracts should also work

v1.4
- Show the decline contract penalty for offered contracts
- The multi-select function will de-select contracts that are already selected
- Fix a potential problem with the close window icon
- Fix a potential problem when the UI elements are not loaded correctly

v1.3
- Updated for KSP 1.0.5

- Fixed potential texture loading errors

v1.2
- Sort contracts based on expiration/deadline time

- UI tweaks
      - Indicator of currently selected contract
      - Many minor tweaks and updates

- Select multiple contracts (Left Ctrl by default) for accepting, declining or canceling contracts

v1.1
- New target planet sorting option
      - Not all contracts have an associated target planet

- Display current number of active contracts and max limit if present

- Bug fixes for contracts not loading properly

v1.0
- Update for KSP 1.0.2

- Many UI updates

- Active in the VAB/SPH

- Respects limits on maximum number of contracts
- Block decline/cancel on contracts that don't allow it
          -Fields in the config file can override these restrictions

- Fix Blizzy toolbar support

- Icons converted to DDS format

This addon uses TriggerAu's KSP Plugin Framework code

Released under the MIT License

Edited by DMagic
Version 2.11

Nice addition. What are the major differences between this and Contracts Window +?

I imagine that this allows you to actually accept and decline contracts without having to bounce to the space center and back.

Thanks. I guess i ended up figuring that out. But I could swear that other mod would allow us accepting/declining contracts as well. Maybe it was a feature in older versions...?

I've never seen a mod like this, I like the idea of being able to accept contracts and seeing requirements from in flight instead of having to jump to the KSC. Thanks dudde,

I imagine that this allows you to actually accept and decline contracts without having to bounce to the space center and back.

Pretty much. I hate changing scenes so much, so this gets rid of one source of that. It has a few other features, like contract sorting and keyboard shortcuts, but basically it just mimics the functionality of the Mission Control Center.

Thanks. I guess i ended up figuring that out. But I could swear that other mod would allow us accepting/declining contracts as well. Maybe it was a feature in older versions...?

Nope, I never intended Contracts Window + to be used as any kind of contract management app, just a monitoring window.

I've never seen a mod like this

Neither had I, which is why I made it. :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this on paper, but it doesn't seem to work for me -- I can open the window, and all the UI elements work, but there are no contracts listed. I initially suspected a conflict with some other mod, but it happens even on a clean install.

KSP.log, although there doesn't seem to be much of use in it. No obvious smoking guns.

I really like this on paper, but it doesn't seem to work for me -- I can open the window, and all the UI elements work, but there are no contracts listed. I initially suspected a conflict with some other mod, but it happens even on a clean install.

I assume you have contracts visible in the mission control center. Is this a new game? Are all of the lists empty? Some pictures would probably help.

Conflicts are rare, and the only issue that I know of right now is that multiple levels of contract sub-parameters are now shown, only the first level are shown; this is only really a problem with Contract Configurator contracts.

I assume you have contracts visible in the mission control center. Is this a new game? Are all of the lists empty? Some pictures would probably help.

Conflicts are rare, and the only issue that I know of right now is that multiple levels of contract sub-parameters are now shown, only the first level are shown; this is only really a problem with Contract Configurator contracts.

I've tried both adding it to an existing, heavily modded game, and starting a new game with no other mods installed. In both cases there are contracts visible as normal in Control. All the lists in the CapCom UI are empty, although the buttons for sorting appear as normal. Screenshots forthcoming next time I'm at my desk.

That is weird. What happens if you accept a contract from the mission control center? Is the contract added to the "Active" tab of CapCom?

Nope. The three categories in the Capcom UI remain empty no matter what contracts are available and no matter which ones I accept or complete.

Nope. The three categories in the Capcom UI remain empty no matter what contracts are available and no matter which ones I accept or complete.

Have you tried a clean KSP installation? I can't think of any reason why this would be happening. The window is obviously being initialized, it just doesn't seem to be listening in to the Contract GameEvents. There is nothing that I'm aware of that a mod could do that would disrupt those GameEvents from being triggered (when a contract is offered, or accepted, etc..., or when the contracts are loaded).

Do the contracts show up in the stock contract toolbar app?

Yes, contracts show up in stock contract toolbar app.

Also in "Wider Contracts app" they appear as expected.

Also new accepted contracts dont appear in CapCom.

Last 2 days i updated some mods (caused by MechJebs Ascent flipping "prob")

and now i have same issue with empty CapCom contracts list.

Reinstall didnt help.

Edit (after soontm's post): yes, i also updated contract configurator

(i play with most of the contract packs)

Edited by Jansn

I can confirm the same problem. I have the contract configurator mod installed and it was updated a few days ago. I don't know if that mod would have anything to do to with it.

In general the output_log file in the KSP_Data folder is best. But in this case everything I'm looking for will be in either that or the much shorter KSP.log, which is easier to post online.

Alright, here's my output_log from a fairly lengthy playing session with Capcom installed. During this session I accepted, rejected, and completed contracts. I also checked the Capcom UI at several points with no luck.

Is this using the version that I linked to above? I need results using that version, not the released one.

Is this using the version that I linked to above? I need results using that version, not the released one.

Nope. I blame the chronic sleep deprivation.

Re-download it now, it should be the right one now.

Nope. I blame the chronic sleep deprivation.

Re-download it now, it should be the right one now.

Thanks for that.

Does everyone that has this problem also have Contract Configurator installed? I thought there were some reports of this happening on a stock install, too, but I see the obvious problem being caused by CC. It looks like there is an error when loading certain CC types, or maybe those packs have been uninstalled, which causes CapCom to choke on it. I think I've fixed that problem, it should hopefully skip screwed up contracts in the next version.

But if this is also happening on certain stock installations then I'm at a loss. The next version will have a bit more log errors printed out when something goes wrong, so hopefully that should make any problems more obvious.

The next version will also have a few fixes for sub-parameters, and, look carefully at the contract order:

s42cUZo.png

Sorting by planet :kiss:

It is delightfully not straightforward to figure out the target planet for each contract (if there is one), every type has a different method of doing so, and I just have to rely on the planet being in the contract title name for mod contracts, but it seems to work pretty well.

FYI I was having an issue where contracts configurator was showing blank on all tabs on my main career save.

After living with it for a while (because lazy), I built your latest from github + ran with that, though in fact it looks like contract configurator started giving out more debug into than I'd noticed before (maybe I hadn't really looked.

Anyway ... long story short, it turns out that CapCom/CC weren't happy with trying to supply details on a previously completed contract which had been superced by an update to the KerbinStation CC pack.

I removed the entry from the persistence file and all was happy again ... plus my applauncher stopped lagging out - I think it was getting its pants in a bunch about the same thing or similar.

Not sure if there's more defensive coding that could be put in place to protect against that, or if people just need to be more careful (e.g. me).

Anyway ... excellent mod - anything that keeps me in the flight scene keeps my further away from Out of Memory + CTD.

Thanks,

Tim

(output.log snippet).

ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'KerbinLSResupply'. The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract: Error loading contract for contract type 'KerbinCrewRotation'. The contract type either failed to load or was uninstalled.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

5/29/2015 11:14:47 PM,KerbalAlarmClock,Contracts System Ready

5/29/2015 11:14:47 PM,CapCom,DEBUG: Adding Window to PostDrawQueue-2012088731

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.CanBeDeclined () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CapCom.CapComContract..ctor (Contracts.Contract c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at CapCom.CapCom+<loadContracts>d__0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

The problem on the Contract Configurator side will be fixed in its next update. The problem on my side might be fixed already I'm not sure.

By using the latest build from GitHub do you mean the master branch? Or the dev branch? The master branch for my repos is always the released code, any dev work is done on a separate branch or fork.

Edit: I just checked by accepting some CC contracts then deleting the pack, the latest dev branch version of CapCom seems to handle it fine. It spits out a bunch of nasty looking log spam, but the other contracts continue loading and window remains functional.

Edited by DMagic

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.