[1.8.x] CapCom - Mission Control On The Go [v2.11] [11-1-2019]

DMagic

Hi :)

After accepting the last available contract, i'm getting a NullReferenceException (replicable):

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CapCom.CapComWindow+<>c.<currentContractControls>b__67_0 (ContractParser.contractContainer c) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[contractContainer] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CapCom.CapComWindow.currentContractControls (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CapCom.CapComWindow.DrawWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at CapCom.Framework.CC_MBW.DrawWindowInternal (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It doesnt "break" anything but you may want to take a look at this. The exception only occurs when accepting the last available contract via capcom, not when accpeting it via mission control building.

KSP version is 1.4.2, CapCom v.2.8 and no other contract related mod/contract pack is installed.

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to modify the max number of contracts per difficulty?

I love this mod, but the random timing of the offered contracts has caused issues with the max amount of contracts I can accept.  (Especially when using community contracts.)

Example: I getting close to the Duna transfer window (34 days out).  I have 4x level 3 contracts already for setting up com networks, station, etc.  I then get a ScanSat contract for Duna, but cant accept it due to the max contracts being met (and it expires in 5 days).

Outside of going into the save, I am left with no option to acquire these contracts.

FYI:  My buildings are fully upgraded, so there is no base game limitation being applied.

• 2 weeks later...

CapCom version 2.9 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It is updated for KSP 1.4.5 and for version 10 of Progress Parser. Only versions 1.4.4 and 1.4.5 of KSP are supported.

This fixes some errors that causes a lot of log spam to be generated whenever a scene was loaded. It also ensures that the progress logs for discovering anomalies will display correctly.

Edited by DMagic

• 2 months later...

@COL.R.Neville Where are you getting the file from? I see 1.2.10 in the .version file from GitHub, Curse, and Space Dock, and I think CKAN has been updated as well. The .version file on GitHub is also marked for 1.2.10 and KSP 1.5.

The included dependencies have not been updated for KSP 1.5, so their local .version files are still marked for KSP 1.4, but the remote files on GitHub have been updated to show KSP 1.5 support.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one thing I would love to see for this. Love this BTW. But....there is no way to associate flights with contracts. Cant think of anyway to "pin" a contract to a given flight. Which would be very cool but I would be pretty happy if I could just attach a note to a contract so I could at least write the ship name Im using for a given contract. No clue how hard it is to do such things or if its even possible. Or maybe there is something already that does this? Just an idea that popped in my head while I was trying to deal with which contracts I have not started yet and which goes where. Anyone else ever get confused about which is where?

@Kevin Kyle That is more in line with what Contracts Window + does. CapCom is basically just an alternative to the Mission Control center that can be accessed from other scenes.

Contracts Window + allows you to group contracts together into lists, and will save which list a vessel was using when you save/change scenes.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@Dizor This is when running KSP with the Unity Debugger? I don't think that has any effect when running KSP normally, it's just something that Unity complains about. Something similar has been brought to my attention for some of my other mods and it never caused any issues (though I can't remember if I fixed them to avoid the warning or not :confused:).

13 hours ago, DMagic said:

This is when running KSP with the Unity Debugger?

yes

13 hours ago, DMagic said:

I don't think that has any effect when running KSP normally

Agree. But it would be nice if any of KSP developers noticed this conversation and shared their thoughts regarding this warning.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, RedDragon91GoW said:

Hi and thanks for the mod!

I want to install this mod via ckan, but Progress Parser and Contract Parser works only with 1.6.8.
Can I force ckan to install in my 17.3 version without break anything? Any of you experienced any issue?

In the CKAN client, go to

Settings > Compatible KSP versions

and check "1.7" and "1.6".

Edited by Jacke

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Michel Bartolone said:

Any idea if this is getting recompiled for 1.8 any time soon?

It probably will.  DMagic appears to be active but may have higher priorities with other mods.  Given that KSP 1.8.1 is due soonTM, he may be waiting for it to drop.  Meanwhile, continue playing 1.7.3.

Patience.

Edited by Brigadier

Hi @DMagic,

Thank you for making this great mod. I think this mod helps the best when you can select the contract in tracking station so you can get the visual info directly.

I noticed that when open capcom in tracking station with fully upgrade mission control center (8/6/4 contracts max) it will still showing contract limit of level 2 mission control (5/3/1 contracts max).

Please help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.