[1.4.2] ForScience! v1.5.2 - Your science autopilot.

Superb mod. I have never really got on with Career as the science grind bores the hell out of me but this for me means I can go about my contracts without worrying about when/what to click to grab a little science.....priceless.....an essential in my top 3 of all time mods :)

Edited by maceemiller

I ran into a problem with FS. This is a copy of the issue I posted on Github:

Stored experiments keep getting moved to the RGU probe core. As a workaround disabling FS works if I want to have the experiments stored somewhere else.

I ran into trouble getting my experiments off of my space station, and the RGU kept snagging my stuff.

I also can't redirect the target of the experiment collection. Selecting a docked command pod and "control from here" still moves the stuff to the RGU.

Is this intended behavior?

Link: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/ForScience/issues/5

Edited by uxlapogi

49 minutes ago, uxlapogi said:

I ran into a problem with FS. This is a copy of the issue I posted on Github:

Link: https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/ForScience/issues/5

Turning it off when you want to do something manually is indeed the intended behavior.

Because I can not know what your intention is for docking or separation, and the part graph is unpredictable, the mod makes no assumptions and merely choose the first science container it comes across in the part tree as the storage container. Most of the time, this is the one and only command pod.

If you have more complicated needs, I believe there is still Automated Science Sampler or Science Alert which may suit you use case more. You can add or remove ForScience! at any time. It will not break your saved file to remove it should you decide that you don't like it. And you can add it back any time without issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, shorty lickens said:

I havent used this mod in some time. Does it only work in the 32 bit version or only in 64 bit? Does it work under KSP 1.4?

The reason I ask is its not working for me at all.

I am using v1.5.0 of this mod and running 64 bit.  So far it's working for me with KSP 1.4.2 without any issues.  I had to force ckan to download it by temporarily adding 1.3 to the compatibility list.

Do you have any other science mods installed?

On 4/1/2018 at 5:06 PM, shorty lickens said:

I have no other mods installed. And I unzipped the files into the Kerbal directory.  Didnt use CKAN cuz frankly for someone simple like me its an overly complicated mess. But if thats what it takes to make it work then I guess I'll try.

When you unzipped it to the Kerbal directory, did you make sure you put it inside the GameData subfolder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2018 at 9:42 PM, WaveFunctionP said:

v 1.5.2 - KSP v1.4.2 support
- fix localization issue with determining if a scientist is onboard
- special thanks to dtpar and irineus

Pending approval from curse, it should be available soon.

FYI, CKAN has hit a snag with Curse support, which we discovered by investigating why ForScience! v1.5.2 wasn't showing up:

Long story short, if you do not despise SpaceDock or GitHub, an alternate download on one of those sites would be very helpful in providing this mod to CKAN users.

EDIT: That problem is now resolved, and the latest ForScience has been indexed.

Edited by HebaruSan

Added 1.5.2, either it doesn't play well with Kerbalism or it's something totally different.

There are no issues in the log, just this occurs since I added this mod (as replacement for [x] Science! or ScienceAlert) to test:
A2R5xev.png

A lot of spikes and GC ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has a bug on 1.4.3 where it collects the science for ALL biomes on the celestial body upon loading a craft with FS enabled. Deleting all the science and re-enabling the mod then collects the correct science from only the acive biome.

Peace

TK

Hello I'm a new mod creator and have been using For science for a while now, but just hit a snag with one of my mods and yours.  I've created a mod that allows for new types of kerbals, but for science doesn't seem to be compatible.  If you could expand the dll to allow my mod that would be awesome.  I only know how to do mods with just the cfg files, so i couldn't do it myself. (Besides its your mod)  My mod is Multi-role Kerbals on curse forge.  You dont have to fix it but it would be incredible if you did. (I'm also using 1.3.1 but you could just do it for the public on 1.4.3 if mine becomes popular)

Perhaps you could alter the code so that all that is required is control of the vessel and not a specific type of kerbal, which could lead to shorter code.  just put a requirement for it to be a specific kerbal trait that allows it to access certain science parts, then it would be (I think) compatible with mine and probably any others like mine

• 4 weeks later...

can you prevent FS from pulling stuff from ESUs?

just fully exempt them so i can

a) enter new biome and FS does it's thing(exit-board for samples)

2: transfer into a storage container

and lastly repeat the process with science safe and unpulled from the ESU

i know it's mentioned in a few posts and the consensus is that we're just SOL but this is my fav mod and it would really raise it's usefulness up a bunch

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, 5thHorseman said:

Came here to post that it works fine still in 1.6. Amused to see it was last reported not working in 1.4.5. I wonder if that's true or if somehow it started working again. I didn't play much 1.4.x

I installed this mod while I was playing in 1.4.2 at this time and I followed every release since then. This mod has always worked from my perspective.

Edited by DarkNounours

I just tried this mod for the first time, and as far as I can tell, things seem to be working perfectly fine on 1.6! ;D Already loving the convenience this brings.

Could we get an optional setting, to disable automatic EVA reports and surface samples? I still want everything else automated, but I'd rather do those 2 manually.

Edited by NikoKun

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.