WaveFunctionP

[1.4.2] ForScience! v1.5.2 - Your science autopilot.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

everything is working as intended

Well, for me it's aggressive data collection from one-run experiments doesn't look like something, that works as it should. Description says about automatic reset while scientist is on board but there is no warning that I must not touch such experiments while mod is running and there is no scientists.

Thanks for the link tough, unfortunately ASS has the very same pull mechanics, but, at least, it stays down if I tell it to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod does not work with version 1.3 (MacOS X) without recompilation.  In addition the calling sequence of ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperimentSubject() appears to have changed.  An additional argument, which brings the number of arguments to 5, has been added with the name displayBiome.  Duplicating the value for the fourth argument appears to restore the functionality of the mod.

 

skips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, skips. I got a few messages about it from others as well.

I've been busy since the update.

I can't make a promise, but I'll try to get an update out tomorrow if I don't run into trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, WaveFunctionP said:

Thanks, skips. I got a few messages about it from others as well.

I've been busy since the update.

I can't make a promise, but I'll try to get an update out tomorrow if I don't run into trouble.

That is VERY kind of you sir. I have been doing a lot of warping and clicking without your mod, but I understand that you might have other priorities so I didn't ask or even mention it out of courtesy.
THANK-YOU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
v 1.5.0 - KSP v1.3 support
- Fixed signature for GetExperimentSubject

I ran it through it's paces, I didn't see any obvious issues after making the fix for 1.3.

Awaiting approval for curse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WaveFunctionP said:

v 1.5.0 - KSP v1.3 support
- Fixed signature for GetExperimentSubject

I ran it through it's paces, I didn't see any obvious issues after making the fix for 1.3.

Awaiting approval for curse.

Awesome! After playing 1.2x with this it's painful to go back to manual science getting, especially since the layout of text on kerbals and science windows all tends to clutter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WaveFunctionP said:

Awaiting approval for curse.

They have to approve it? It says updated, but there is no download link, yet. Does it take long?  Wait... I SEE IT!

I may be the first download. I will let you know if I run into any problems.

Edited by ansaman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It can take a few hours some times. I am not privy to the details. They do a review for mods on curse because some people are not good neighbors. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WaveFunctionP said:

It can take a few hours some times. I am not privy to the details. They do a review for mods on curse because some people are not good neighbors. :/

I got it and tested it. All appears to be working just fine. Thanks ever so much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One suggestion: automatically run available biome scans when a resource scanner is present.

It's not technically science, but KSP doesn't allow us to assign biome scanning to action groups, so currently we have to open the right-click menu and do it manually... it's tedious, repetitive, and easy to forget, just like science experiments would be without this mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's time you update the introduction video bro.  Thanks for sticking with the mod through the updatez.   Also, any of you that are having trouble: You can keep this mod updated with CKAN.   

Edited by Rizendell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! This feature 
 

Quote

Automagicly resets experiments that are "run once", when you have a scientist onboard. (mystery goo, sci jrs)

is not working for me. I need to manually reset experiments with scientist. Any ideas why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, QF5690 said:

Hi! This feature 
 

is not working for me. I need to manually reset experiments with scientist. Any ideas why?

Working fine for me. with the exception of the first time you load on the launch pad or if your using some of the Universal Storage version of DMagic's parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Vaga said:

Working fine for me. with the exception of the first time you load on the launch pad or if your using some of the Universal Storage version of DMagic's parts.

I have simple vanilla science junior, mystery goo, and scientist aboard. Done a lot of missions, but it never auto reset.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, is there any way of preventing some experiments from running?

For example I have problem with experiments that require specific condition to be met, like being submerged or presence of the atmosphere.

[LOG 19:12:23.547] [ForScience!] Checking experiment: oceanicMassSpectrometryExperiment@SerranSrfLanded
[LOG 19:12:23.548] [ForScience!] Skipping: Experiment is not available for this situation/atmosphere.
[EXC 19:12:23.549] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ForScience.ForScience.currentScienceSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment)
	ForScience.ForScience.RunScience ()
	ForScience.ForScience.FixedUpdate ()

And after this ForScience just shutdowns and stops running other experiments.

Edited by Khalkion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Khalkion said:

Hello, is there any way of preventing some experiments from running?

For example I have problem with experiments that require specific condition to be met, like being submerged or presence of the atmosphere.


[LOG 19:12:23.547] [ForScience!] Checking experiment: oceanicMassSpectrometryExperiment@SerranSrfLanded
[LOG 19:12:23.548] [ForScience!] Skipping: Experiment is not available for this situation/atmosphere.
[EXC 19:12:23.549] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ForScience.ForScience.currentScienceSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment)
	ForScience.ForScience.RunScience ()
	ForScience.ForScience.FixedUpdate ()

And after this ForScience just shutdowns and stops running other experiments.

Well, that is a new one.

What mod and situation caused that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem part is Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer from KSPI-E and is meant to research atmospheric composition. However I've done some more tests (actually a lot more...) to find out the actual part and repeatability. And right now I'm thinking that I should post this problem to @FreeThinker beacuse it seems that the part experiment is broken rather than ForScience. Because I can't use it manually either, but it has ModuleScienceExperiment in cfg.

After looking up the cfg, it looks like this part is missing science experiment definition, that's why ForScience can't run it properly.

 

Edited by Khalkion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great mod for long time players to ease the boredom of early game

but i have some compatibility issues: I've wanted to start a new career based around base building and colony sustaining and turns out that the live support mod 'Kerbalism' is incompatible with 'For Science'. I have no idea why, couldn't think of a conflict. And sadly 'Kerbalism' is the only LS mod i Like.

Are you willing and have time to come up with a fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Akito said:

Great mod for long time players to ease the boredom of early game

but i have some compatibility issues: I've wanted to start a new career based around base building and colony sustaining and turns out that the live support mod 'Kerbalism' is incompatible with 'For Science'. I have no idea why, couldn't think of a conflict. And sadly 'Kerbalism' is the only LS mod i Like.

Are you willing and have time to come up with a fix?

I support stock-like science modules (ModuleScienceExperiment), which should work out of the box.

I am not familar with that mod, but I looked a bit at the part files and the geiger counter should work. If all of the experiment parts are implemented with the stock science system as this one, it should work fine.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this mod!

But seems to have some problem with Dmagic Orbital science it collects the data from the module but won't auto run it in a new biome. Tried to add the .dll from kerbocats auto collection mod to see if I could ghetto rig it but no good. Been using [X] science to drop me out of time warp to do the collect but would love to have for science do everything so I can just do time warp gathering. 

Edited by MoarBoostersRUS
Forgot to add some stuffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice to add the same experiment to two (or more) different locations at the same time. I like to collect one to the lab, and one to return to Kerbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First!

I enjoy this mod, but I think.. something broke it in my game?

No toolbar icon means you have no containers on board - does this mean that unmanned probes cannot utilize the mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just did a mission to the moon Ceti (GPP Minmus equivalent) with the following experiments on my craft:

- Science Jr 9000

- Mystery Goo

- Temp

- Pressure

- Dust Collector.

I came back with over 4000 Science. If I could have stored my EVA report and surface sample if would have been closer to 5000 :0.0:. It's difficult to say because of the number of experiments happening on at each situation change, but I think the mod is collecting and resetting the one use only experiments. It's the only way I can explain such a massive haul from one mission. I'm am wrong in thinking it's an impossible amount for those experiments?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.