[1.0.4] Instell Incorporated Experimental Technologies

8bitsblu

Also can we get a more stockalike texture?

I originally planned on making the part this way, however due to how rusty I was with texturing I decided to simply work off of the test textures that I made. I might make stockalike textures when I'm feeling a bit more confident in my abilities. For now I'm going to try and develop my own aesthetic. I'm planning a third engine currently (not a scramjet) and I might do stockalike once I finish that one.

Seeing as one needs an even number of them for radially symmetrical thrust, yes.

I'd say they should be half of the Houdini

Alright the Leech has exactly half the thrust of the Houdini now. See if that's any better.

Alright the Leech has exactly half the thrust of the Houdini now. See if that's any better.

I'd say it's just about perfect, they're worthless below Mach 3, as they should be, and two put an 8 passenger Mk2 bird into a 100km Ap near circular trajectory.

My circularization burn was about 90m/s with my RAPIERs in closed cycle.

So to wrap it up, I'd say the Leech is right where it needs to be.

As for the Houdini, I don't have a clue, building a craft around that is my next project.

So you say leech got nerfed? :huh:

http://s26.postimg.org/5uwlh91r9/screenshot2.jpg http://s26.postimg.org/tn5wss3s5/screenshot1.jpg

Almost got myself to eve :sticktongue:.

Just to be clear, i LOVE those, do NOT make em weaker :cool:.

What do you get when you add SCRAMjets to KSP, a game of interplanetary lawn darts... :D

Oh, and Notalogh thanks for the tip on a good flight profile for the SCRAMjets, just did my first successful mission with 'em.

So you say leech got nerfed? :huh:

http://s26.postimg.org/5uwlh91r9/screenshot2.jpg http://s26.postimg.org/tn5wss3s5/screenshot1.jpg

Almost got myself to eve :sticktongue:.

Just to be clear, i LOVE those, do NOT make em weaker :cool:.

Are you using the latest version? I ain't gonna change anything I'm just wondering. I'm hesitant to even lower their thrust anymore because it's so much lower than it was when I first made them in 0.90 (Houdini had 300, Leech had 130).

Okay so I wanna know what you guys think would be a good addition to this pack. Right now I'm working on a couple of parts that could disperse heat from a craft. One would passively radiate heat away at a low rate while the other actively radiates heat by dumping oxidizer with a much higher rate. What other engines/parts/features might also fit here? I really want to add more.

Something like a Quantum Vacuum thruster? You're really talented as a modder, those Scramjets really are simples but well made. This way, your mod don't will to suck too much RAM while give some real fun and usefulness...

Okay so I wanna know what you guys think would be a good addition to this pack. Right now I'm working on a couple of parts that could disperse heat from a craft. One would passively radiate heat away at a low rate while the other actively radiates heat by dumping oxidizer with a much higher rate. What other engines/parts/features might also fit here? I really want to add more.

We need a proper representation of a turboramjet

1. Conventional turbofan for takeoff and initial climbout
  2. Afterburner for breaking sound barrier (Should consume fuel like it's going out of style)
  3. Ramjet mode for Mach 1.2 to 3.2 (should be very fuel efficient, also no turbine noise)

I would also make the SCRamjets require their own special intakes and run on a separate air resource, call it "SCRAM air" for example, that way scram intakes couldn't be used to feed conventional engines and vice versa.

I would also make the SCRamjets require their own special intakes and run on a separate air resource, call it "SCRAM air" for example, that way scram intakes couldn't be used to feed conventional engines and vice versa.

Something like this was made in the past by the B9 Aerospace for them SABER engine. There was a B9 Compressed Air from the Intercooler. From KSP 0.25 if my memory helps me, the Compressed Air was deprecated, due to the difficult to implement in KSP and a very limited utility.

Something like this was made in the past by the B9 Aerospace for them SABER engine. There was a B9 Compressed Air from the Intercooler. From KSP 0.25 if my memory helps me, the Compressed Air was deprecated, due to the difficult to implement in KSP and a very limited utility.

K.Yeon does it in his OPT Turboramjets, he lists it as Supercompressed Air

K.Yeon does it in his OPT Turboramjets, he lists it as Supercompressed Air

Yeah I considered doing this for the scramjets. But after using OPT's turboramjet, I decided against it. It's a pain in the ass to incorporate and I don't have the slightest idea how to make custom resources. I think that it would make the scramjets tedious.

I am interested in making parts with custom resources though. "Tripropellant Aerospike" has a nice ring to it.

Yeah I considered doing this for the scramjets. But after using OPT's turboramjet, I decided against it. It's a pain in the ass to incorporate and I don't have the slightest idea how to make custom resources. I think that it would make the scramjets tedious.

I am interested in making parts with custom resources though. "Tripropellant Aerospike" has a nice ring to it.

Get in touch with K.Yeon, your SCRamjets would fit well with his OPT craft, also his Turboramjets are silly OP and behave like scramjets.

I think the two of you could benefit

If you wanted to fill out the pack a little, you could make a few more high temp aerospace parts, like air intakes and a nosecone. You could also make high temp wing leading edges and control surfaces. I'd stay away from actual wing parts, though. We have lots of those already, heh.

Maybe a hypersonic cockpit, I know there is one in B9 but some variety is always nice. Or maybe cockpit plus other parts with cooling systems you mentioned built in. Also any thoughts on a Pulse Det engine as from the Blackswift project? The oxidizer as coolant I like gives me a reason to build SRAMs with OX.

If you wanted to fill out the pack a little, you could make a few more high temp aerospace parts, like air intakes and a nosecone. You could also make high temp wing leading edges and control surfaces. I'd stay away from actual wing parts, though. We have lots of those already, heh.

I would love to see some things along these lines, seconded!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.