Ore resources instantly disappearing

I've found a curious bug, where all the resources in an asteroid will instantly disappear the second you start mining them. Note the time difference in these two pictures, according to the game I mined 8 tonnes of ore in 12 seconds with a craft that only has 600 ore capacity:

UhyQbMX.png

Hj8U5iB.png

(Ignore the black asteroid texture, it's a problem with my graphics card (i945GM) that's been present ever since asteroids were introduced)

I've noticed this when mining a planet for ore as well, it manifests itself as your ore tanks jumping instantly to full.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed this when mining a planet for ore as well, it manifests itself as your ore tanks jumping instantly to full.

Same thing happened to me. But when I docked with ISRU converter in orbit, it was empty!

• 2 months later...

Just had this happen to me, I mined it and it instantly all went to my tanks, and nearly filled them, although it was a class C and I have an Engineer on board, so it feels like i should have gotten more. But I have a 2.6m contract on this and im happy i got any.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4augj8o3iqfmwfu/2015-08-13_00002.jpg?dl=0

If i can help let me know what i can provide

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this happen as well.... 3 times in a row with the same craft. Was trying to mine Class Es, and each time I intercepted and latched onto one I started my drills and processors. The second I did, the asteroid goes empty, the CG shifts to the ship, and I am left with a single tank of ore.

Not sure what is going on, but I can confirm it is happening consistently, and even after shutting down and restarting.

I was accelerating time with the ship in orbit until I found a class E to latch onto each time... that is the only thing out of the ordinary I can think of.

Make sure you guys are posting whats required in the sticky: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92229-How-To-Get-Support-%28READ-FIRST%29

Most important of all is KSP version and reproduction steps. If you have a step by step method to reproduce this 'glitch' it allows for much, much faster fixes.

Thanks and good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.