Take on Mars

Randazzo

I have it.

It's quite slow going but can be quite a therapeutic way to pass the time. PC Gamer magazine put it on their 10 most relaxing games list and said this about it...

"Take On MarsThis slow-paced simulator sees you exploring the surface of the red planet with a variety of rovers and landers. The missions don’t get any more exciting than ‘probe some soil’, but the feeling of being alone on a distant, lonely world is palpable. The howl of the Martian wind as you trundle through the dust creates an evocative atmosphere, and the sedate pace of the rovers makes for a strangely hypnotic experience."

Don't expect a game that you can just pick up and play for a few minutes at a time though, driving rovers around Mars is WAY slower than it is in Kerbal. It's a very unusual game (well, more of a simulation than a game) but makes a nice change of pace every now and then. I've not tried the latest multiplayer updates but there's that aspect to it also.

They're working on manned scenarios now, there are survival aspects and I don't honestly know how fleshed out it is beacuse it's pretty janky (daily dev build). Looks to be fun though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.