Constellation Program- Copernicus MTV

250px-Constellation_logo_white.svg.png

The Copernicus MTV was to form a key part of the Constellation Program, the link between LEO and Mars. Designed to house astronauts on the way to Mars and back, it was truly an impressive feat of almost-built engineering. I cri evrytiem. Copernicus may never exist in the real world, but you can have it sitting in LKO as soon as you want! (Provided you find a way to get it up there.) Hopefully this replica does it justice.

Craft Info: 346 parts, 127 tons, and enough dv for a Duna roundtrip. Only .16 TWR though, be warned.

Craft Download: (Mediafire) _Copernicus_MTV.craft"]Link

And now the beauty shots!

vPfCEHX.png

s4X3z7u.png

mdzGiwP.png

NUNFcIQ.png

1UUP58t.png

Thanks for viewing, and leave some rep if you enjoyed!

Oh god this is awesome, totally blows my old Copernicus Replica. Can you jettison the center tank once its depleted? I just see a big docking port on it and nothing else arround it

Thanks! Yeah, the middle tank can be decoupled, not much clearance though. I'm planning to redo this a bit for my Constellation Pack, so it can be sent up in three chunks. And don't put yourself down, that replica looks really nice!

The middle tanks are not Jumbos, they are a bunch of drill o matics and fuel cells.

Fortunately, it doesn't ruin the delta V that much. Either way great build.

Yup, I revealed the trick a while ago. But it doesn't hurt the dv much at all, only the TWR.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.