[1.0.2] Electrical Parts ! v1.4 (first release !)

touzenesmy

OBSOLETE MOD ! (go to the last post)

ELECTRICAL PARTS V 1.6 ! (dev thread)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.5 update note: PLEASE DELETE THE OLD MOD FILES BEFORE COPYING THE NEW ONE OR YOU'LL HAVE FIRESPITTER INCOMPATIBILITIES

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tired of using a lot of stacked batteries to get more than 4k electric power ?, we thought about you !

Jeb is tired today, but you need him for a long trip on plane to the other side of the planet without refueling...let's just use the fully electrical plane ! :wink:

oUKFjMX.png

7J4FpsU.png

Tired of refueling your plane every time while electric motors are now reality in everydays uses ?

Get your electrical plane with a whole cargobay for your baggage !

o788TST.jpg

P2ASsot.png

Download on kerbalstuff

Source on GitHub

After several nights working on this mod, here it is for you guys !, Electrical parts & engines! :)

Installation :

1)Download the zip file from the link

2) Open your downloaded zip file

3) Delete the previous folder of the mod if you got one

4)Copy ElectricalEngines folder in your kerbalspaceprogram/Gamedata directory

5) ???

6) Profit !!!

Features

-Two 0.675 electric engines

-Two mk1 electric engines

-One 2m size electric engine.

-1m 0.675 BatteryTank

-1m and 2m BatteryTank for mk1 size

-1m BatteryTank for mk2 size

Notes:

If there is some part that you need, just mp me about it or leave a message here :wink:

Changelog

v1.6
- Compressed whole textures, mod passed from 35 Mb to less than 5 Mb 
- Added XT-005 engine
- Added ST-005 engine
- Added 0.675 battery tank

v1.5
- Changed the maxthrust of XT-02 from 450 to 500
- Reduced the size of the parts on ram (the hardest part)in my opinion)
- Retextured the whole parts for a more kerbalistic ones
- Added/changed animations for better ones.

v1.4
Added parts:
- batteryTank_1m_mk1
- batteryTank_1m_mk2 
- batteryTank_2m_mk1

Fixes: 
- Fixed the XT-01 and XT-02 Engines weight balance. 
- Engines should be able to work on other planetes atmosphere now

v1.3
parts:
-Added ST01 electric spinner engine 
-Added 1x1.25 battery tank for jets on electrical power

Fixes:
-WHOLE remake of sounds, animations, and R&D
-Reequilibration on thrust and electric consommation
-Bugfixes

v1.2
-added XT02 electric engine

v1.1.2
-Fixed compatibility with ksp 1.0.2

v1.1
-added emissive to XT01, repaired fx effects, and reviewing the config file.

v1.0
-added engine XT01

Licence: MIT

Edited by touzenesmy
update

Is that an Mk2 battery? Downloading.

Yep it is :), tell me what do you think about it ;)

must have missed this one, will have to try it out, looks great man!

Thank you ! :)

Edited by touzenesmy

Visually, I like the design. Just work on matching the stock color and closing off the edges of the models. I like the color change when throttling.

Not bad overall. A little spit and polish and you could have something here!

Visually, I like the design. Just work on matching the stock color and closing off the edges of the models. I like the color change when throttling.

Not bad overall. A little spit and polish and you could have something here!

Okey I'll start reworking the textures to make them meet stock colors :)

Closing of the edges, you mean on XT01 and XT02 engine ?

Edited by touzenesmy

Hi, first of all congratulations for this mod, I find it very interesting and useful. In my opinion, it's possible to create really awesome SSTO with this.

Btw, I think there is too much difference between the 2.5 and the 3.75m thrust. It's more similar to the 1.25m. With a little more thrust it will be more useful. For now, it's better to put two or more 1.25 engines instead.

Another wonderful think, it would be to make them capable to switch to some kind of other fuel for orbital maneuvers, if you like the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
I has a quick request for this. Does the propeller generate charge for the engine. But a little bit like modern propellers? Or reversed propellers.

Do you mean the propeller engine would reclaim charge when the craft is moving through the atmosphere without power to the engine?

You know guys, even I want to do it, I'm very bad at programming, and more important than that, if the engines would use the speed of air to creat energy, they'll act more like airbrakes, and believe me this is not what you want ...

Just look at wind turbines, they turn very fast, but they still generate tiny power ... :/

ENGINES NEED x8 more elecrtrical power now to work, prepare your solar panels for the next update ! :)

Edited by touzenesmy

Actually aircraft wind generators are small and work on a single engine props from the '40s. While they don't generate a lot of power and are used mostly as a backup to power critical systems in the event of main bus failure, they don't need to go very fast nor very large or weigh much.

Programming limitations, likely game limitations as well on that, do seem to be they key block however. :)

It would be easy to do if I knew how to program it, just look, algorythme like that will do the job:

if (50000 m >Altitude > 500 m & engine deployed & thrust < 5% max thrust)

{

electrical power = electrical power + 10% airspeed

}

I just need someone to make that alive ... :/

Looking over the KSP API, I think I have found a way to handle the engine logic: there are methods to query an engine's state (i.e. active and throttled down) and its atmosphere and velocity curves, so we can get their values and multiply them with a conversion factor to figure out how much power should be generated.

However, there's nothing in the API about the actual resource production. I know it's doable, but I'll need to do some more research before I have a prototype, which may be some time.

ENGINES NEED x8 more elecrtrical power now to work, prepare your solar panels for the next update ! :)

Thank you. I saw Kottabos showcase on youtube and my first thought was, Wauw, those eninges are gamebreakingly undertuned in terms of charge consumption, and being a player that cares about game balance, I'll check it out now.[h=1][/h]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.