What new parts would people be interested in seeing?

What parts do you want to see?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. What parts do you want to see?

• 3.75 metre versions of typcal 2.5 metre parts - Command module, monoprop, science lab, yada yada
    • Capsules
    • Station Parts
    • 5 metre SUPER ENGINES
    • Extended Science Parts - Ionisation experiments, strength testing, biological testing
    • Other

I'm interested in seeing what the community wants parts-wise. Considering KSP has broken into full release, it could really go anywhere from here. Would you be interested in seeing station parts? Or more capsules? Perhaps 5 metre rockets for those crazy buggers who want to do single launches.

Personally, I would like larger and more diverse capsules, specifically a 3.75m Command Service Module and associated parts such as crew container, science lab, monoprop tank, reaction wheel, yada yada. Also, monopropellant based orbiter engines with associated tanks would be pretty cool.

Station and colony parts please, though maybe they could be part of a future colonisation paid expansion?

also new parts for big interplanetary motherships - more nuclear engines, non-aircraft liquid fuel tanks, spinning toridal crew modules etc...

DEFINITELY need 2.5m and 3.75m variants of the RAPIER engine so we wouldn't need a ridiculous amount of 1.25m RAPIER engines to get a Mk3 spaceplane in to orbit.

also, 2.5m and 3.75m solid boosters would be nice too, so we won't need a ridiculous amount of large boosters wrapped around our large fuel tanks; just pop a 2.5m or 3.75m stubby on the bottom and away it goes.

Edited by Xyphos

I really want a Gemini style 1.25m command pod.

This ^^ the lack of a two-kerbal capsule is a major omission, it's much needed in the early career game when engineers and scientists need a pilot to get into orbit for training and for those rescue missions. At the moment I cobble a couple of Mk 1 capsules together. It works but it's so inelegant.

This ^^ the lack of a two-kerbal capsule is a major omission, it's much needed in the early career game when engineers and scientists need a pilot to get into orbit for training and for those rescue missions. At the moment I cobble a couple of Mk 1 capsules together. It works but it's so inelegant.

I first thought another 1.25m capsule would be pointless, but you totally convinced me here.

Only thing : How would you fit 2 kerbals inside a 1.25m capsule ? the one we already have is relatively big already and only seats one.

Only thing : How would you fit 2 kerbals inside a 1.25m capsule ? the one we already have is relatively big already and only seats one.

I'm sure Valentina wouldn't mind sitting in Jeb's lap, facing backwards. *wink, wink*

Advanced nuclear engines. Maybe 3.75 parts that are big and heavy and can't be launched by anything but a monster rocket but once they are in orbit get 1200 ISP and have the trust of a mainsail.

Some aerospike engines. No, that thing we currently have isn't an aerospike engine, it's a plug nozzle engine. An aerospike is a plug nozzle engine with almost all of the spike removed - instead, gases from the turbopumps are used to create the 'spike' against which the main exhaust pushes. Ideally, I'd like a 1.25, 2.5 and 3.75m circular aerospike engines, and perhaps a 1.25m linear aerospike (in this case, the engine is rectangular, and the 'spike' is a ridge) for the spaceplane enthusiasts. I've tried emulating this http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/pegvtovl.htm using lots of tiny radial engines and a bigorange fuelk tank, but it didn't work well :-(

Also, more science is ALWAYS good!

Right now what can you do on EVA?

-repair a few select things that can be broken

-walk/move around

-plant flag

-suface sample(In-game animation please)

-EVA report

-move data

nothing really keeps you on the surface for more than a minute.

So to improve that experience, I want to do this stuff on EVA. Deployable science experiments: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Lunar_Surface_Experiments_Package#Deployment

there are a few different experiments you can include ingame inside a 'Surface Experiment Package' : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Lunar_Surface_Experiments_Package#List_of_experiments

theres a mod for this yadda-yadda whatever. It should be a stock feature.

Edited by r4pt0r

• Nav lights
  • Size 3 equivalent of poddle engines (something short to fit nicely into the upper stage)
  • Size 2 Solid Rocket Boosters (preferably gimballed, and: yes, there are gimballed SRBs, eg. on Ariane 5)
  • Fairings that split in two
  • if they'd add science parts - add some experiments that are large and heavy enough to require at least Size 2 rocket, preferably even Size 3. Also deployable experiments would be good, perhaps an experiments that require sampling over larger area to get results (it'd give a reason for rovers to exist)

Parts? I would like a few more structural parts...

Pipe sections for bases (transfer fuel, electricity, heat)

Seamless titanium tubes for roll cages and other uses

More adapter parts

Colony parts and such I would love but see these being a long wait, if we get them at all:

3.75 m nuke power plant

Radiators

Heat pumps

Space farms

Life support

Things that would be awesome but don't think we'll ever get:

Props

Electric motors

Combustion engines (you know you want these)

Transmissions/differentials

Axles (any sort of tube with shaft/bearings)

Bolt-on wheels

Folding ramps

Nothing really keeps you on the surface for more than a minute.

Agreed.

In addition to your science suggestions, I think reputation should be gained by time kerbals spend landed on other bodies.

Kerbals are so expensive, they should do more than be mouth breathers.

I first thought another 1.25m capsule would be pointless, but you totally convinced me here.

Well, the Soviets did manage to cram three cosmonauts into a Vostok capsule.

More jet engines, different levels of power and use in the atmosphere, 5 would be ideal.

More rocket engines on all levels of the tech tree, (fuel efficiency/TWR would be the main differences other than looks)

More liquid fuel and LFO tanks of all kinds.

More capsule variations for rockets and planes.

More rover wheels for all parts of the tech tree, i want to see stronger wheels with suspension, tracks, hover gear things like that.

More structural parts, specifically round ones

Wings im actually fairly happy with.

Basically more of everything thats already in the game.

Bigger parts for standardised designs, for sure. And more capsules.

Folding radiators are a MUST for the rebalanced LV-Ns.

Telescopic booms. New aero means you can't just launch big wide things, so they've gotta fold.

Bigger fricken' ladders. Maybe ones where you can just select the length you want them to extend to?

Nuclear reactors. Heavy, but generate lots of power for outer-system missions without consuming vital mission fuel like fuel cells do.

Moar experiments. More science. More stuff to unlock with the science gained. More reason to visit things other than 'it's there', so I don't just put off going past Duna.

I want more station/base parts, because i like how the lab and the mining bring strategy elements to the game. I want a reason for extending my stations/bases.

Landing gear with adjustable height.

Keeping ground clearance can be quite difficult at times.. I'd rather not have to be building extended structures just to put my wheels in the right spot - that's the entire point of landing gear. It's annoying that we don't have the ability to use longer or shorter sets as needed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.