Help! the game glitched and in desperation I hit the quickload button...

Long story short I'm playing in campaign mode, playing a relatively strict game with permadeath but having quickload and revert flight enabled. At some point I was messing around with control schemes jumping in and out of menus, and when I went back into the game my plane was already on the runway. I tried to take off, but it immediately exploded. I hit escape, but the revert flight option was greyed out! so I held down quickload.... I thought the game was saving my progress periodically, and it would just load to the last stable point, but I was wrong and it loaded the last quicksave point I made, like a week ago.... and all my progress is now gone, and all my ships are invalid (locked parts). I can't seem to find anyway to undo that load and load back the original save from when i booted up the game. Is there any way to fix this or did I just {snip} myself? Thanks.

Edited by Gargamel
Portions Redacted by moderator

Doesn't look good. You might try an Alt-F9 to see if there's an autosave available that's more recent than your quicksave. You might also open the saves in your file browser and see if you can replace the current save with another version (if there's more than one save in your savegame folder).

Doesn't look good. You might try an Alt-F9 to see if there's an autosave available that's more recent than your quicksave. You might also open the saves in your file browser and see if you can replace the current save with another version (if there's more than one save in your savegame folder).

Unfortunately, quickloading overwrites the latest autosave.

Quicksave and autosave are different. Quickload takes you back to the last quicksave. Alt-F9 can load an autosave though.

Unfortunately, quickloading overwrites the latest autosave.

Quicksave and autosave are different. Quickload takes you back to the last quicksave. Alt-F9 can load an autosave though.

yeah, it looks like that's what happened... darn. All that work. :c

Good to know for the future, I guess... and perhaps I should quicksave more often. I guess this is the end of my career playthrough, until I feel like hacking my way back to where I was.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.