How to take a surface sample?

Hi guys ~

I just came across with a mission. it requires me to take a surface sample from a required position. I do know how to get there but have no ideal about taking surface samples ? What should i do ? wait for your help.....

EVA one of your Kerbals, then right click and click the button. If you're in a rover, you don't even have to go all the way down, but can just hang onto the cockpit to take a surface sample.

Just leave your vessel, (press space in order to get him standing on the ground, if he is still hanging on the capsule) right click your Kerbal and select "Take surface sample".

Just try it on your launchpad first.

To take a surface sample, you have to go on EVA landed on a planet or moon, and fly/climb down onto the surface. Once you are on the surface, right click your kerbal and select "take Surface Sample." If you have tried this, it may mean that you haven't upgraded your R&D center to level two yet. You have to upgrade it before you can take surface samples. Hope this helps :)

Kerbals like it up personal and dirty. You need to EVA your Kerbal (take him out of capsule once on the surface), clamber him onto ground, pick him up straight, undust him and then right click him to tell him to pick some of that dirt up to take back home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.