KSP Gamespot Review

JackDugan

Hi. I just wanted to notify the community that KSP received a 9/10 rating from Gamespot. Comparing this to other games, it looks like it got a pretty nice rating, especially because they only rate 1-10. Read it here.

Really hope Squad is considering doing something about the "Rudimentary visuals and sound"

Every review...

...notes how little they matter. While I could well imagine Squad upgrading the sound and adding clouds, don't expect complete visual overhaul. KSPs graphics are functional.

Really hope Squad is considering doing something about the "Rudimentary visuals and sound"

Every review...

Because most people are playing too much Call of Battlefield: Modern Duty and expect AAA budgets and graphics over actual original gameplay. These people won't be happy until KSP properly simulates lens flares with refraction.

Because most people are playing too much Call of Battlefield: Modern Duty and expect AAA budgets and graphics over actual original gameplay. These people won't be happy until KSP properly simulates lens flares with refraction.

How do you expect J.J. Kerman to be happy without lens flares?

KSP's stock graphics are pretty good already. They could use some improvement, but they're fine for the most part.

Sound, on the other hand... could really use an overhaul. Kevin Macleod is great but it gets quite boring after a while.

The Career mode is a full-blown space program experience where money is, in fact, an object and good public opinion, public donations, government contracts, and farmed-out tech are required to before you can even afford to send astronauts on a flight.

Did they even play Career?

Sound, on the other hand... could really use an overhaul. Kevin Macleod is great but it gets quite boring after a while.

If you want to try something new and totally different, play the EVE Online soundtrack (available on Soundcloud) in the background. If anyone ever makes a mod that allows us to add custom music to the game, I'm so adding that soundtrack.

IGN is yet to make a "review" of KSP... I sort of hope they don't, it's just painful to watch them screw around with no goal whatsoever. I don't think I've ever seen a single video of them actually making it to orbit. All they do is throw some random parts together in a way that will result in a structural failure. It's almost as if they're completely incapable of playing and/or reviewing a game that requires any sort of planning and knowledge.

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.