M700 Scanner - weird physics

KSP 1.0.2 - a few mods, KER, toolbar, stage recovery, waypoint manager; nothing that changes the aerodynamics or affects the part in question.

Getting a very strange effect when trying to carry a satellite with an M700 Survey Scanner in a spaceplane... basically, about 4km altitude, the plane goes out of control and the camera randomly changes angle. Note the beautiful corkscrew trail below - I don't even know if I could fly it well enough to produce that!

Carrying a satellite with a different scanner causes no problems. Problem is very specific to carrying an M700. Might be wobbling in flight (but cannot be spacetaped), or might not be properly shielded by the cargo bay?

ydXflqM.png

*edit to close without bumping*

This bug has been claimed by New Horizons: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114092-1-0-2-Kopernicus-New-Horizons-v1-4-2-11-5-15-Vote-now-for-your-chance-to-win-a-new-star%21?p=1927810&viewfull=1#post1927810

(Although I'm not entirely sure anything he can have done would be the cause...)

Edited by eddiew

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.