Sciency Help Wanted!

Okay guys, I just picked this game up, on a suggestion from a friend and it's freaking awesome! One problem, though. I'm doing career mode and it seems to be impossible to earn more than 6 science points. I've tried different combinations of parts and crew but I just don't ever earn science points after my first tech unlock. Any suggestions for this hapless n00b?

What are you doing to get thIs science? Science points decrease rapidly for each time you repeat them. There are many combinations of experiments to be run. For example. You can run a crew report on the launch pad, and if you run a crew report while on the runway, this is classed as a different experiment. Then there are the mysterious goo and thermometer (and others) that you can run also. Check the kerbal wiki for more tips.

The Kerbal Space Center(KSC) has a lot of small biomes, if you can walk a kerbal around to different buildings he can gather EVA reports and Surface Samples (right click the kerbal to do this)

In addition, if you can throw a small lander or roll a lander can out to some of those places with a science part and/or a kerbal inside you can gather even more by right clicking the parts and capsule.

Sounds like you are only getting science from 'recover vessel' part.

There are dedicated science instruments (in the science tab in the VAB), and you can do a crew report in crew capsules, which yield science. Right click your crew capsule in flight.

In case you get lost, always remember that you can right click parts to activate/control them

Visit as many biomes as you can on each body you go to. You can get enough to get parts to go to Duna (and eve) just from kerbin, mun, minmus and surrounding space.

Take as many science instruments as you have at any given time.

It is tough to know what biome you may be on or if you visited it already until you are there.

Do crew reports every chance you get.

Do eva reports.

Do collect surface sample.

Whenever I do a rescue mission, I have the rescuee do an eva report, and crew report before boarding the rescue craft.

Having a scientist along gives you a bonus on the science instrument results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.