Can we get the old aero back?

tg626

There are many sliders and check boxes in the alt f12 menu. Is there a way to set them to get a more pre 1.0 aerodynamic behavor? As is I think it would be too daunting for my 4 year old grandson to play, as had been my hope....

Edited by tg626

Trouble is I can't BUY an older version for him, and if he gets into it and stays with it, there may be a mods issue later on.

I was hoping for some settings in the cheat menu to make it like the old souposphere...

A realism setting would be nice (hint, hint) but at the moment there is no such thing.

I think you will cover most of the changes if you set global drag multiplier to 6 and global lift multiplier to 0.4. In the alt f12 menu under physics/aero options.

As for drag model from 0.9... you would have to get 0.9 version...

There are many sliders and check boxes in the alt f12 menu. Is there a way to set them to get a more pre 1.0 aerodynamic behavor? As is I think it would be too daunting for my 4 year old grandson to play, as had been my hope....

As is I think it would be too daunting for my 4 year old grandson to play, as had been my hope....

Oh dear lord, please tell me this thread is a joke.

If you are on steam, go into the properties of the game, and select the "last stable" in beta participation, it will revert to 0.90. This will also break your saves.

The easiest way to get the old aero back is to go to the KSP Store and download the 0.90 beta version. I doubt your 4-year-old will terribly miss the ISRU feature anyway, and if he needs female Kerbals there's always Texture Replacer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.