[WIP][1.0.2] WarpShip 0.3.2 - Update/expansion of IXS Enterprise

Sophia

There seems to be 2 "toggle" options but neither are for the bay doors.
It should be one of the "Toggle" action groups, actually.

I'll try to make this more clear in the next version.

It should be one of the "Toggle" action groups, actually.

I'll try to make this more clear in the next version.

I'm sure you're right.

Maybe I just kept clicking the same "toggle" button

(I'm old and my eyes are shot)

also...FYI

2 people responded to my request to have the CCTV have longer range.

Seems the limited range of these signals is embedded in the games code which explains why Remote Tech utilizes the relay system

2 people responded to my request to have the CCTV have longer range.

Seems the limited range of these signals is embedded in the games code which explains why Remote Tech utilizes the relay system

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at, here.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're getting at, here.

I was just informing you that my request to have the CCTV work the way I asked you about isn't possible anyway.

(Longer range)

It had nothing to do with your knowledge of it.

Apparently SQUAD has ranges limited in the original code.

Making the screens do that would require tighter integration with the CCTV mod than my current level of expertise would allow.

Pff the spacedocks I see not real as usefull without Launchpad addition.

And now with the new aerodynamic system. I ask me too how to get these Monsters (without cheating) into orbit.

They are a bit a relict of the olf Times :-)

Pff the spacedocks I see not real as usefull without Launchpad addition.

And now with the new aerodynamic system. I ask me too how to get these Monsters (without cheating) into orbit.

They are a bit a relict of the olf Times :-)

you don't get them into space, you build them in space.

first make a station with the EPL launchpad part (the blue flower-like thing), then build the spacedock from there and tow it into place.

I'm thinking the spacedock would be a whole lot more useful as a EPL launchpad if each one of them had a compact transport state and an animation to expand them. They are absolutely beautiful but need more functionality. Hell I'd settle for a compact state and a deployed state and no animation for now.

They are absolutely beautiful but need more functionality. Hell I'd settle for a compact state and a deployed state and no animation for now.

If you look back a few pages on this thread, you'll see Sophia just recently (a week ago?) implemented the Spacedocks in this mod at the request of users.

It wasn't originally her/his mod but in fact breathed (<- is that a word?) new life into it.

I don't believe the original mod model of the spacedock had folding capabilities and not knowing anything about modding myself, that would seem like a nightmare to me to even get that to work.

I have them installed, being one who requested them

and plan on building a huge launcher much later in game to get them into orbit.

Building them from crates once out there would seem more realistic...

but how many of us would want to actually build one?

What would the large dock take? 60 crates?

If you look back a few pages on this thread, you'll see Sophia just recently (a week ago?) implemented the Spacedocks in this mod at the request of users.

It wasn't originally her/his mod but in fact breathed (<- is that a word?) new life into it.

I don't believe the original mod model of the spacedock had folding capabilities and not knowing anything about modding myself, that would seem like a nightmare to me to even get that to work.

I have them installed, being one who requested them

and plan on building a huge launcher much later in game to get them into orbit.

Building them from crates once out there would seem more realistic...

but how many of us would want to actually build one?

What would the large dock take? 60 crates?

I'm aware of thier origins, but the original author was just here checking in. I was really hoping we could start a discussion amongst us to determine the best way to implement getting them from the ground into orbit. It would be ironic I think that the device we use to build ships in orbit is harder to get into orbit than the thing it's building.

Can you explain the crate building concept?

Edited by UAL002

...It would be ironic I think that the device we use to build ships in orbit is harder to get into orbit than the thing it's building.

Can you explain the crate building concept?

I agree 100% and so you know, the last thing I modded anything for was Farming Sim '13 and that gave me a migraine.

I'm not sure how a crate system would work,

but with mods like KIS & KAS something could be done by someone with the skill to make it happen.

The only issue I'm not sure can be worked out is how to crate the thing

Do you number crates so crate #1 has to be added first?

Would the main KSP code even allow for something to show up as partially completed?

I dunno.

It was just an idea I was shooting out there.

I agree 100% and so you know, the last thing I modded anything for was Farming Sim '13 and that gave me a migraine.

I'm not sure how a crate system would work,

but with mods like KIS & KAS something could be done by someone with the skill to make it happen.

The only issue I'm not sure can be worked out is how to crate the thing

Do you number crates so crate #1 has to be added first?

Would the main KSP code even allow for something to show up as partially completed?

I dunno.

It was just an idea I was shooting out there.

I gotcha... yea my suggestion for a 2 mode design with button pushes (compact) (deploy) is by no means a "lorefirendly" suggestion but merely a stopgap. I was thinking like a design that is 2.5 metes and about the length of an orange tank or shorter with a neat looking model that sort of suggest it expands into the big guy. And then when deployed, boom, full dock, and no reverting to compact... and I think now with KIS and KAS adding docking ports later is easy... I think so anyway. I thought I read you can node attach with the screwdriver but I haven't got that far.

Okay for some reason, I am unable to start the game with this mod. It gets stuck during loading on a part https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9adiju0lpqvf52/Screenshot%202015-05-28%2023.57.29.png?dl=0

(the screen shot of part name) and occasionally stall my PC. There are no other mods as this is a fresh install of KSP. Not sure what to do.

Okay for some reason, I am unable to start the game with this mod. It gets stuck during loading on a part https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9adiju0lpqvf52/Screenshot%202015-05-28%2023.57.29.png?dl=0

(the screen shot of part name) and occasionally stall my PC. There are no other mods as this is a fresh install of KSP. Not sure what to do.

Look in your KSP install folder.../GameData/Warpship/Parts/MPDEngine

Do you see these files?

gW4OAHe.jpg

If not, delete your MPDEngine folder and take this

(Unzip it first)

Seems you're missing "mpdthruster.cfg" or was corrupted during download(?)

Are you using CKAN to install mods?

Edited by iDisOrder

I played around with the idea of an expanding/animated spacedock but, honestly, with a model converted back from a .mu it was rather difficult to manipulate (lots of triangles all in one huge mesh) so I couldn't get any animations that looked at all worthwhile. If Stevie_D is willing and able to share the original models with me, I can revisit the issue, but probably not until then.

Okay for some reason, I am unable to start the game with this mod.
Usually these freezes are caused when there's an uncaught exception during loading. I don't have this issue and that screenshot doesn't tell me much; what would really help would be a few lines of a KSP.log generated during the freeze, showing what happens when it tries to load MPDEngine.
Has anything been changed with the command module itself from the Stevie_D version?
Yes. The texture has been converted to DDS, it's now set to a nicer looking IVA, and it now uses modules within WarpShip.dll instead of needing FireSpitter to also be installed. Some numbers have also been tweaked.

Just wanted to key in on the spacedock thing, MCM has some pretty awesome large expandable space docks if you want that kind of thing.

Also if you think about it these large space docks seem to be meant more as large permanent structures, built in space to facilitate building other ships in space, not really meant to be launched up. I usually launch a small station with a small EPL pad that then builds my large orbital dockyard/space station, then the small station is scraped for parts to facilitate the construction of my large interplanetary cruisers. :P

FYI, trying to install KSI-E, I get this from CKAN

The following inconsistencies were found:

WarpShip conflicts with KSPInterstellarExtended.

Error!

I dont know if its a bug in WarpShip, KSI-E or CKAN. Either will install if the other is not there, but neither will install if the other is there. I do note that KSI-E was updated today, so maybe there's something going on with that?

Edited by Murdabenne

I have a couple of (hopefully not too time-consuming) requests for the command pod.

1) Is it possible to make it compatible with WindowShine? From what I understand, the "window" portions of the part have to be defined as a separate mesh from the base part in order for it to work.

2) The placement of parts inside the hanger is kind of wonky right now, and has been for a long time. Could that be fixed so that it works the way Stevie_D's version did at launch?

Interesting! Always loved the mod. Some Qs:

One: The velocity nullifier is interesting, although sometimes it says no power (tried it on moho) even tho there is 40k electric charge.

Two: How are the thrusters supposed to be powered? The main hull dosen't make enough, plasma reactors help but are costly and heavy.

I have a couple of (hopefully not too time-consuming) requests for the command pod.

1) Is it possible to make it compatible with WindowShine?....

I know everyone has a mod they'd love to see compatible with another but seriously, if Sophia was going to change anything about the windows wouldn't you rather they be see-thru instead of reflective?

That would be bad ass!

I know everyone has a mod they'd love to see compatible with another but seriously, if Sophia was going to change anything about the windows wouldn't you rather they be see-thru instead of reflective?

That would be bad ass!

I don't think see-thru is possible right now, especially without a dedicated IVA. Sophia would have to rebuild the model from scratch to have a hollow command deck.

Is it possible to make it compatible with WindowShine? From what I understand, the "window" portions of the part have to be defined as a separate mesh from the base part in order for it to work.
Depending on how difficult it is to separate the window out from the base mesh (which might be rather challenging since I only have an aggregate .mu right now), this is something that could be doable or really annoying. I'll at least look into it, but I make no promises.
The placement of parts inside the hanger is kind of wonky right now, and has been for a long time. Could that be fixed so that it works the way Stevie_D's version did at launch?
What is "kind of wonky" to you? My upgrades were incremental and I might well have thought I was improving something, so please be more specific and let me know what you see as a problem and maybe I can fix it. :)
So what is it that conflicts?
I didn't actually add the mod to CKAN. I was looking into it, but I think some nice person beat me to it. So, whoever did that, thank you!

However, that means I didn't add that entry so I can't really tell you. There are some conceptual conflicts with KSI-E, such as using some of the same models for different tasks, but as for hard conflicts, I don't actually use KSI-E so I don't know for sure.

The velocity nullifier is interesting, although sometimes it says no power (tried it on moho) even tho there is 40k electric charge.
That's actually not enough. It takes 8 EC per m/s of velocity, which isn't enough on Moho. I'm not 100% sure that this amount isn't too high, but that's the reason for now.
How are the thrusters supposed to be powered? The main hull dosen't make enough, plasma reactors help but are costly and heavy.
Lots of backup EC, Plasma Reactors and/or ZPG's. You might want to consider not running at full throttle, too. These engines are rather overpowered compared to stock so I wanted to make the electrical demands pretty massive in order to balance that; let me know if you feel like I went overboard.

Depending on how difficult it is to separate the window out from the base mesh (which might be rather challenging since I only have an aggregate .mu right now), this is something that could be doable or really annoying. I'll at least look into it, but I make no promises.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :)

What is "kind of wonky" to you? My upgrades were incremental and I might well have thought I was improving something, so please be more specific and let me know what you see as a problem and maybe I can fix it. :)

It's nothing you did; the original suffers from it now too. In Stevie_D's original release, it was easier to mount stuff inside the hanger parallel to the floor, if that makes any sense. Now everything that's off-center automatically angles sideways as if it were being mounted on a cylindrical fuel tank. I'll post a picture when I have a second to load up the game.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.