[1.0.5ish] The 0.35m SSR MicroSat and Airlaunch Vehicle [v0.9.6 out! last updated 01/03/2016]

Squiggsy

Great parts nice job indeed :)

EDIT- And unless , I missed something you don't have any FX on your ION on the cfg or a FX cfg for that part but made one.

Thanks you! No I hadn't added one to the release yet I only had it on my computer ready for it, couldn't test what it looks like though since HotRockets Ion fx STILL don't want to show :\ thanks for doing that I'll put it in a cfg ready for the release, i have most textures I wanted to improve improved now, some of them are hardly noticeably different I just feel they look a bit more finished. just need to make the res scanner now but my attempts are all turning out a bit.. .weird haha so i might put a release up without it and then spend some real time working on it to make it a good'un

Seating on the pod they didn't want to show so, I launched it and that's it as it falls back to the ground lol.

And no big deal just asking is there away you can make a small part that has a card slot or 2 :) for like the card from this mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88116-Modular-Computer-Package?p=1303171#post1303171

Edited by Mecripp2

I notice that your Ion engine has 16kn of thrust in vacuum - I fixed it by replacing the original thrust value with 0.01 thrust. It will give a better 0.7kn of thrust vacuum wise.

Anyway, I wanted to inform you about that problem.

Seating on the pod they didn't want to show so, I launched it and that's it as it falls back to the ground lol.

And no big deal just asking is there away you can make a small part that has a card slot or 2 :) for like the card from this mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88116-Modular-Computer-Package?p=1303171#post1303171

do you mean specifically for cards for that mod? I'll download and have a look at sizings and stuff because that is an interesting concept, i was going for something similar with the SAS chip anyways so I'll consider it for sure.

I notice that your Ion engine has 16kn of thrust in vacuum - I fixed it by replacing the original thrust value with 0.01 thrust. It will give a better 0.7kn of thrust vacuum wise.

Anyway, I wanted to inform you about that problem.

you sure you aren't still using V1.0 instead of 1.0.2 of KSP? because in 1.0 the max thrust variable determined ASL thrust but they changed it back to being VAC thrust in 1.0.2, and so in 1.0.2 the thrust shows up fine as 0.75 in VAC as it should be

Yes on the cards was thinking with the card a people could have x amount set how ever would let you do more things if there was something to change out if you need help with the cfg let me know, I'll help has much as, I can.

Here is a patch for anyone using AntennaRange

@PART[foldingDish01]
{
%MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
{
%name = ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter
nominalRange = 45000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
packetResourceCost = 15.0
requiredResource = ElectricCharge
}
}

@PART[foldedDipole]
{
{
nominalRange = 1500000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
packetResourceCost = 10.0

DeployFxModules = 0
}
}

@PART[FixedDish01]
{
{
nominalRange = 300000000000
maxPowerFactor = 8
maxDataFactor = 4
packetResourceCost = 20.0

}
}

Here is a patch for anyone using AntennaRange

Thanks for this! sorry about the lack of updates I've been getting slack and loosing inspiration for stuff to do, got distracted by another project for the moment but I'll put an update up with this and the hotrockets config as well as the fairings and new textures later today, and will most definitely be crediting you for all your help, thanks man and have some rep! :)

A new version is up!

and MeCripp thanks a whole lot for your help and support! I am going to add a Resource Scanner and then take a break for a little bit, but I have other plans for things to add, but I have just got distracted with a radial engine family i'm working on (since there aren't enough in stock for my liking) and a 2.5m expanded lander can. once I have had my fun with those I will return to this and add some more toys, got plans for an animated thermometer/gravioli combo as well as an RWPS/Magnetometer combo for DMagic Oribtal Science

basically inspired by this:

ISEE_Giacobini-Zinner.jpg

I'm generally liking these parts (very much looking forward to making supremely low-mass interplanetary missions), but the fairing, liquid fuel tank and engine, solid rocket booster, and tiny decoupler are sorted under size1 when they (probably) ought to be size0, and the upgrade chip ought to by of type "srf". You might also consider moving your 0.35m parts to a "size00" category (where I hope it will join RoverDude's 0.35 meter Sounding Rockets parts), or at least make a Module Manager patch that moves them there when Filter Extension is installed:

@PART[35decoupler,MICROBATSQUARE,microIon,micrortg,MicroSat,microSolarUnshielded,microXenon,FixedDish01]:NEEDS[FilterExtensions]
{
@bulkheadProfiles ^= :size0:size00: //will replace size0 with size00, leaving "srf" (or lack thereof) intact
}

Edit: Looks like the microbatsquare's bulkheadProfile is 0, not size0 as it should be.

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra
edit: specificity

Sorry for the lack of updates! I kinda realized I had spent a whole lot of time making these things and absolutely no time actually enjoying KSP, so I decided to take a break and start the Elcano challenge, however I didn't really consider just how time consuming that would end up being, once I have finished it I will finish off some bits for this until I am ready to release it, then take a break again and come up with some new ideas for it.

For some reason it doesn't count as having an antenna and that it generates power, even though it does. It means I can't complete a contract

really? that's odd when I tested it in my career mode it worked just fine...

hmmmm...

theres only one thing I can think of, and that is have you double and triple checked that the contract isn't also asking for a resource scanner to be on the satellite? its a long shot I know but its happened to me multiple times because the dang contract window is so tiny and I only skim-read contracts.

I'll try and get on the copy of KSP with my career later and see if I have this same problem if not though, can't think why it wouldn't work though i'd assume the contracts just look for things with the right modules.

I had spent a whole lot of time making these things and absolutely no time actually enjoying KSP, so I decided to take a break ...

You're a modder dude, no time for playing.

Get to modding!

*cracks the whip*

Seriously, in the past week, I've seen several modders say the same.

don't burn yourself out, it becomes unfun

You're a modder dude, no time for playing.

Get to modding!

*cracks the whip*

Seriously, in the past week, I've seen several modders say the same.

don't burn yourself out, it becomes unfun

yeah this was my reasoning, if I had tried to carry on I would have done a complete "nope!" and never returned to the project, if I take a break, have a laugh, and then return I will finish it off and hopefullycome up with some good ideas in the process for expansion (im thinking atmospheric drone expansion right now, little electric powered firespitter 'copter using intake atmosphere and atmospheric sensor package, fly the thing around eve gathering science :D)

just re-read back a page...

is MeCripp's patch included with this download or we have to add it manually?

(because I'm kinda ignorant to self patches and have no clue how to apply them)

MeCripps patches have been added, still haven't done the Bulkhead Profiles fix (thanks for reporting that btw Kerbas_ad_astra I don't really use that feature so it would have slipped my notice if you hadn't mentioned it) but it should be antenna range compatible (although I've been looking at their thread and it seems things are changing so I'll have to double check whether I need to add anything more)

Also, as you can see by my signature I have completed my circumnavigation ( you can click the pic if you feel like reading about it, people seem to like the crane I built :P) this means I will be returning to work on this very soon!

Edited by Squiggsy

If you could add something like this to hold the rocket it would be perfect :D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Pegasus_XL_IBEX_01.jpg

sorry for the very late reply! I wanted to do something like this but it kinda becomes impossible when you think about the fact that the fairing is procedural, and won't always be the same size/shape depending on how the Microsat is built, I do have plans for a better radial decoupler though which will be somewhat along these lines :)

I am getting back working on this today! I'm going to go through textures and configs today and sort things out, then I'll start on the resource scanner again. Reason why I'm going over textures is I've got a lot better at normal mapping so should be able to make em look nicer now :D

Can't wait to see what more you come up with just love this parts.

:D well after getting held up yesterday overcomplicating the process of making two animations for one object in unity I have solved it and so can get back to work on this resource scanner! (it has a deploy animation and then a running animation, I spent hours looking into all kinds of complicated animation techniques in blender before finding that I could solve my problem in 30 seconds in unity.... on the plus side I know how to animate in blender better than before!)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.