Solar System

VASMIR

Hmm... Anywhere in the solar system... Most likely I'd visit the Moon. I really want to walk there like my heroes did. Seeing the blue marble and possibly aliens... So nice. I think I had a lucid dream once where I was on Apollo 11. #spacegeek4life!

Anywhere with no consequence? (I'm thinking like stepping foot off the Tardis for five minutes)

Definitely Titan. I am enamored by that moon. I want to look at the ice rocks, stand on the edge of Sotra Patera, see the giant Fensal dunes, and the mirror-like lakes.

My second choice would be Venus. It's so hostile and enigmatic.

LEO would be enough for me.

Earth is the most diverse (and beautiful, IMO) body in the Solar System, all others are just boring freezing/boiling rocks :P

So I take it you haven't heard of Saturn? That's my pick, Saturn orbit. Maybe on one of its moons if it has a good view.

So I take it you haven't heard of Saturn? That's my pick, Saturn orbit. Maybe on one of its moons if it has a good view.

Oh what about Titan, strap a small prop to your back and have a wing suit.

Pluto, if for no other reason than to have gone the farthest. Of course now that I mention it someone's going to want to go to [insert ludicrously distant planetoid here], but whatever. Oh, and to give it a hug to make up for all this planet / dwarf planet business.

I would defintley visit Titan, to see bodys of liquid, rain etc would be fascinating. I would also like to take a trip through the upper atmospheres of Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune.

Wouldn't mind popping out to the Oort cloud for a look as well.

The atmo is thicker, right?

Iapetus might be cool, too. It has one side that's really bright while the other is dark. (Not to mention a certain book...)

Yeah, see this XKCD comic for my inspiration.

Also nice "The Martian" references in your sig.

I'd love to go to plenty of places in the solar system, so first, cruising through the blue skies of Saturn sounds cool, but so would climbing up Iapetus's ridges, as well as the seas on Titan. I'd visit mercury's canyons and Caloris Basin, or maybe operate a submarine through the oceans of Europa. Io seems like a cool place, with the strange ground, or maybe visit Prometheus, one of its volcanoes. I'd visit the cliffs of Miranda, or Enceladus, watching geysers with Saturn in the background. Triton, for the same reason would make a visit magnificent. Maybe a Scattered Disk object would be an interesting place to go!

Yeah, see this XKCD comic for my inspiration.

Also nice "The Martian" references in your sig.

I read that XKCD a while ago...

Thanks.

Come to think of it, Mars has some cool stuff. Olympus Mons, Valles Marineris, the Tharsis region, Phobos and Deimos, and much more.

Triton might be interesting.

Charon! A nice view of Pluto, I bet.

LEO would be enough for me.

Earth is the most diverse (and beautiful, IMO) body in the Solar System, all others are just boring freezing/boiling rocks :P

At that you are rather on the mark; we are very blessed to live on a planet teeming with life and biodiversity. But is it not up to us to 'make' other planets interesting?

Anywhere with no consequence? (I'm thinking like stepping foot off the Tardis for five minutes)

Definitely Titan. I am enamored by that moon. I want to look at the ice rocks, stand on the edge of Sotra Patera, see the giant Fensal dunes, and the mirror-like lakes.

My second choice would be Venus. It's so hostile and enigmatic.

You - you're in my mind! Who are you?!?

Seriously, you picked my top two locations.

To visit? I would have to say... {researches and studies for ~45 min.}

Triton. Not quite as scientifically interesting as Uranus' moons, but I would be fascinated (and honestly a bit scared) to visit somewhere where you can barely find Earth in the sky.

However, that having been said, if I could live anywhere in the Solar System, I would live on the moon. In a pressurized base built inside a low-pressure craterdome. It's close to home :), and it having about the highest gravity of any moon, would require the least strenuous daily workout to stave off health issues. And I could stay in touch with family, and even send/receive parcels! :D

I hope I have sufficiently answered the question.

If I could be safe (impossible, but let's imagine), it would be:

- one of the calderas on Io, right where the edge of lava is

article-2574662-1C14AA5300000578-398_964x534.jpg

- shores of Titan's seas where rivers pour in

1501Huygens1.jpg

- Maat Mons on Venus

magellan_maat_mons.jpeg

- Triton's geysers

PIA00059.jpg

Geological hammer and a sample container kit would be appreciated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.