Famous Family!

spaceman1999

A few actually. Nearly all the males of my father's side of the family are, all of them research scientists and/or doctors/professors who have published (papers/books). We've one female, quite famous, a 2-star general who made national news a number of times before she retired, and even then continued making news with her work for veterans. I'm the Black Sheep of the family, the only one not published... unless you count computer code, hundreds of thousands of lines of it. Such is life. :rolleyes:

That's a cool find there spaceman1999. A quick Google had me surprised... I've seen this stuff before, and just realized it deals with model rockets. :cool:

I don't think there is anyone famous in my family. Our know family tree ends around 1920 on my dad's side, and 1890 on my mother's. We have no idea who our ancestors are in Europe, we only know the first ones in our family to come over to America.

I don't think there is anyone famous in my family. Our know family tree ends around 1920 on my dad's side, and 1890 on my mother's. We have no idea who our ancestors are in Europe, we only know the first ones in our family to come over to America.

If you know how they came here (via ship?) and can find any information (family story, rumor, etc) about year and ship line or name ... most of those old ships/companies have the passenger registries posted and available for research. Also, if you have any idea, even remotely, of what country and possibly region they came from, church birth records (also county seat/government death and marriage records) might help. We have done extensive searching and researching of our family history, and I can tell you - it takes time and patience and perseverance. Don't give up. ;)

Not actually famous, but made prisoner by someone famous- on my mother's side, one of my relatives was a Hessian mercenary that George Washington captured in the Battle of Trenton (the morning after he crossed the Delaware river). After the war, he decided to stay in America.

My dad is sorta famous with my friends and family. He served in Afghanistan for a year (Dec 2012-Sep 2013). My mom is known in her workplace by saving families from eviction and repossession, and the fact that she could get a job in Florida. I love them both. I want to be famous too. I want to make a breakthrough in science (on my bucket list).

My great-grandfather was a Chinese communist who lived in New York. As the 1950s came, he was being watched by government agents. He later got out of America and moved to China. My other glorious ancestor was a Welsh hotel owner and was very rich. He later gambled away his money. Remember, don't gamble!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.