[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

OK, looks like i'm going to be first...

I've put line between two ships, opened EVA Transfer window, choose amount of resource, clicked "Begin Transfer" button and... nothing happened. Amount sliders reset back to 0% instantly and no transfer was completed.

Thanks for the heads up; not sure how that bug made it in there... :kiss:

Fuel line persistence definitely has some problems (which seem to be worse in 1.0.4, but I'm not sure) and there are also problems when changing scenes or boarding a vessel while carrying the fuel line.

Edit:

Version 1.1 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It fixes a bug that was preventing resource transfer.

Edited by DMagic

Thanks for the heads up; not sure how that bug made it in there... :kiss:

Fuel line persistence definitely has some problems (which seem to be worse in 1.0.4, but I'm not sure) and there are also problems when changing scenes or boarding a vessel while carrying the fuel line.

Edit:

Version 1.1 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It fixes a bug that was preventing resource transfer.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Some of previous fuel lines are still persists (line connected to the sky is quite funny, especially when you see in UI what it is actually hooked up to nearby craft)

but otherwise everything is working and transferring all resources correctly, so... yay! :D

Hello DMagic,

i have a great problem but i'm not sure what the problem makes. I play with many mods aktiv in OpenGL mode and your EVA Transfer will not connect to any parts of any type. When i load the Game new (with actuall save) the EVA will work ONE time to connect to a Part. That will do only if the first doing in game is to pick up a Engineer and take EVA. I get the new version today and test the cases more then 20 times. Hope you can help me.

Thx

Edited by hraban

Hello DMagic,

i have a great problem but i'm not sure what the problem makes. I play with many mods aktiv in OpenGL mode and your EVA Transfer will not connect to any parts of any type. When i load the Game new (with actuall save) the EVA will work ONE time to connect to a Part. That will do only if the first doing in game is to pick up a Engineer and take EVA. I get the new version today and test the cases more then 20 times. Hope you can help me.

Thx

Additional:

I have tested EVA-Transfer in a clean Installation and also in my normal mod-overloaded sandbox game.

1. It's a roulette to make a connection but no more then two connections will do in one session.

2. Is a connection done, i must go back to Spacecenter, save and come back to the engineer.

3. EVA-Transfer lost connections from time to time.

All my EVA-Transfer sessons will be done on my mun-base, not on Kerbin!

Greetings

Additional:

I have tested EVA-Transfer in a clean Installation and also in my normal mod-overloaded sandbox game.

1. It's a roulette to make a connection but no more then two connections will do in one session.

2. Is a connection done, i must go back to Spacecenter, save and come back to the engineer.

3. EVA-Transfer lost connections from time to time.

All my EVA-Transfer sessons will be done on my mun-base, not on Kerbin!

Greetings

I need more info. Pictures, log files.

Hi, I tried this mod and it worked once for me. I was able to eva and connect two vessels to refuel one of them. I was unable to make a connection with a third vessel, so I disconnected the first vessel but still could not connect to the third vessel. I could reconnect the original two vessels, but that was it. Will there be a fix to this issue. Thanks.

I hope this gets fixed.. I really like the concepts and the KISS of it! (EVA Transfer)... I gave up on KIS/KAS after it began to be too unstable and complicated... So this one is just amazing if it works! Thanks for designing it!

I have the same prob as above. I was able to use once on two lander on minimus, but nothing works since.. when i come back, there are persistent transfer lines hanging in the air.. and my Kerbals are not able to connect any new lines to anything..

Willing to send pics or logs.. just don't know how to do that :-( (edit: trying now...)

cheers.

Qyi1tsU.png

- - - Updated - - -

DMagic.. what log files do you need? i will try and provide...

Edited by REGZZZ
trying to upload links...

Version 2.0 of EVA Transfer is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

It fixes some problems with persistence and reconnecting transfer lines; it should also handle lost connections more gracefully.

I rewrote the window GUI code and transfer logic so that it no longer resembles something created by a fourth grader with a poor understanding of object oriented programming. The results are mostly the same. There are a few minor improvements and resources that aren't present in either vessel won't show up in the drop down menu, making it a bit more manageable.

Wooohooo! The new version worked like a charm in my little Minmus setup! Thanks so much.. now My Kerbals wont have to starve to death... (they where running out of pizza!)

Thanks again, much appreciated and great work!.

Now off to colonize Duna... perhaps, after that I'll look into your orbital science pack!

Cheers,

Reg

The connector part is not showing in VAB nor in tech tree.

Log file says:

[LOG 17:24:52.883] Config(@PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]) EVATransfer/EVAFuelLine/EVAFuelLine/@PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]

and later

[LOG 17:24:55.532] [ModuleManager] Deleting Node in file EVATransfer/EVAFuelLine/EVAFuelLine subnode: @PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

I do not want to install VenStockRevamp, is it possible to somehow remove or circumvent this dependence?

Can't seem to get the EVA Transfer pipe to connect to another ship. Can pick the pipe up and can't do anything else other than drop it.

The GIF seems to make out that I should be able to drag it to another part but I have no right click menu on the pipe and nothing relevant on the Kerbal.

Yes I have the same prob... but since the last update, it works a little better... if you exit to the space center and come back right to your Kerbal (in EVA) then it works... I find that if I do lots of other stuff, after a while it does not work properly like you describe..

my 2 cents...

Reg

The connector part is not showing in VAB nor in tech tree.

Log file says:

[LOG 17:24:52.883] Config(@PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]) EVATransfer/EVAFuelLine/EVAFuelLine/@PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp]

and later

[LOG 17:24:55.532] [ModuleManager] Deleting Node in file EVATransfer/EVAFuelLine/EVAFuelLine subnode: @PART[EVAfuelLine]:FOR[EVATransfer]:NEEDS[VenStockRevamp] as it can't satisfy its NEEDS

I do not want to install VenStockRevamp, is it possible to somehow remove or circumvent this dependence?

There is no dependency on Ven's Stock Revamp, that's just how Module Manager configs work.

If the stock transfer line isn't in the utilities part tab, or the in the advFuelSystems tech node (or logistics if using the Community Tech Tree) then something else is going wrong and I'll need to see full log files, not excerpts.

Can't seem to get the EVA Transfer pipe to connect to another ship. Can pick the pipe up and can't do anything else other than drop it.

The GIF seems to make out that I should be able to drag it to another part but I have no right click menu on the pipe and nothing relevant on the Kerbal.

Pictures would help.

Finally remembered the name of Celestial Body Science Editor and found this thread! The game is so much better when Mun/Minmus are unrewarding vs other destinations. Much less temptation for farm every biome with repeat missions. Thanks DMagic :)

Finally remembered the name of Celestial Body Science Editor and found this thread! The game is so much better when Mun/Minmus are unrewarding vs other destinations. Much less temptation for farm every biome with repeat missions. Thanks DMagic :)

I figured it would have a better home here, where it won't get so easily lost in the release forum.

I keep thinking that someday I'll make a more robust version of this. Something with an in-game editor that allows for save-specific settings, similar to my contract rewards modifier. It would probably be very easy to make, I could just recycle most of that addon to create it; or maybe I can try it with the new UI system, it would be good to figure out how to make something a bit more complex. I've never been a fan of config file editing to make changes, it's so much easier to handle it in-game.

...I keep thinking that someday I'll make a more robust version of this...

That would be fantastic :) I'd be inclined to suggest a default profile that would nerf Mun/Minmus, and perhaps buff Moho and asteroids?

One question - do you have any idea whether body indexes change with Kopernicus planet packs installed? In my head I'd like to think not, but... investigation needed ¬_¬ If at all possible, a UI version that would dynamically inspect the game's planet list would be epic!

Not sure if it would be in your realm, but I'd love the ability to tweak returned surface samples to be worth more than any other experiment (maybe 5x more), as an encouragement to getting kerbals out there into space. I tend to play at 20% science return (partly because I use mods like yours to give me more 'periments to do), so the idea that a Duna soil sample is worth a higher value would be a powerful incentive to take an early-game shot for it! ^^

*edit* I'll answer myself about the indexes; my Kerbin is at index 1, Mun is at index 2, which is normal. I suspect things beyond Kerbin might have changed, but these are easily gleaned by checking the persistence file for contracts :) Time to nerf the stuffing out of Kerbin SOI!

Edited by eddiew

I updated the Celestial Body Science Editor; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

Ju7AQGc.png

Be aware that the installation folder has changed for this update. The old editor was placed in GameData/ScienceParamLoader, while the new version is in GameData/ScienceParamModifier. It shouldn't cause a problem to use both at the same time, the new version will simply override any values set using the old version.

I spent a few hours ripping out the guts of the Contract Reward Modifier and replacing it with a much simpler system for editing the science multipliers for each body.

You simply select a body from the drop down menu, input the desired multipliers into the text boxes and hit Apply. The values will then be updated for that body and stored for that save-file. If you want to use those values as the default settings for all new games (and as the values to be applied when reverting to default; you can also revert to stock values at any time), go into the settings window and push the Save To Config button.

You can deactivate the toolbar button when you are done setting values if you want. Simply change the "disableToolbar" field in the config file to False if you want to reactivate the toolbar.

The recovered craft data value is used by the contract system for generating rewards and other parameters, as such you have to force the option to edit this value using the settings window.

Hey, DMagic, these Portrait Stats never cease to amaze me! Thanks! They should be stock!

May I give you a suggestion? Dunno if this has been suggested before, but what about showing the badS status?

Edited by jlcarneiro
typo

Love the mods, thanks! Also wanted to mention that Portrait Stats is also useful for when you rescue kerbals. You know immediately what their profession is. Came back to get the temperature gauge mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Portrait Stats 4.0 is out; get it on Kerbal Stuff.

This version has a few additional features.

A settings file is included which can be used to enable or disable tooltips that show when mousing over each icon (they are on by default).

Tooltips for the trait icon give info about the trait effects at the current level. Tooltips for the stars icon give info about the Kerbal's career log and the current flight, the number is the experience value for that entry. This is basically the same information found in the astronaut complex.

If the stars icon tooltip (expToolTip in the settings file) is disabled this icon won't be displayed in sandbox or science sandbox mode.

Edit:

Tooltip pictures:

EQr0cRd.png

Edited by DMagic