[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

@LEGIONBOSS FINAL just means that the MM patch is applied at the end of loading. To get it to apply to these modules you would need to add another patch for the FlexoTube modules. And there are a lot of unused customization fields for docking ports, so I don't really know what each one does, there might be documentation out there somewhere.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Any plans for science relay to update to 1.4?

doesnt appear to be functional 

Of course there is a chance.. what is needed is patience. A lot of modders are not updating to 1.4 as 1.4.1 is days away... also be mindful of the fact that  the forum rule about asking modders about updates is back.

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Of course there is a chance.. what is needed is patience. A lot of modders are not updating to 1.4 as 1.4.1 is days away... also be mindful of the fact that  the forum rule about asking modders about updates is back.

Right sorry, havent been by in a while.

just wanted to make sure this was getting continued seeing as its so useful.

Updates for all of these mods are available, see the first post for links. They are all basically recompiles and updates for the AVC .version file and CKAN. Otherwise they are unchanged from the previous versions.

EVA Transfer V8.0

Not showing in game?

Check your KSP Log for the following error

[LOG 21:40:26.931] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'EVATransfer/EVAFuelLine/EVAFuelLine/EVAfuelLine'
[ERR 21:40:26.934] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine/model' as model does not exist

To fix edit the "GameData\EVATransfer\EVAFuelLine\EVAFuelLine.cfg file and change the spelling of "fuelLine" to "FuelLine" (2 occurances, consecutive lines)

MODEL
    {
        model = Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/FuelLine/model
        texture = model000, Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/FuelLine/model000 
    } 

I've been looking all over the place in the KSP folder to find out where to change the science multipliers for different bodies only to find out DMagic knew what I was looking for for all this time!

One note though.. Line 3 in ScienceParamModifierConfig.cfg refers to "bodyDefaltConfigs". Minor nitpick, but I love it when code is nice and tidy :).

@Agnemon This is on Linux correct? Or does it happen in OSX, too? I've reported it as a bug that the directory names are not consistent.

@Jognt I think I noticed that a long time ago, but didn't want to change it as it might screw up existing configs. But yes, it bugs me, too.

Can someone here with this problem make a ticket on the regular bug tracker? Having it reported on the public tracker, might be helpful.

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

The folder structure from the Steam version is:

Squad/Parts/CompoundParts/fuelLine

So if you can confirm that the KSP store version is different then just post that to the tracker.

Also, if someone could maybe take screenshots from the KSP store version of the fully expanded like this:

DOhPbN2.png

Obviously it would take a few images, but that might help in finding any other discrepancies.