[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

2 hours ago, DStaal said:

Or go to the full version of AVC and use the new version override feature...  (Than you'll still get notified of updates.)

I do use the full version. How does that work?

NVM Figured it out. Thank you.

Edited by Kerbart

11 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

mod by LGG: Janitor's Closet

I had that installed, great for managing the parts list in the VAB/SPH but I have not found a way to remove toolbar icons with it. It's not registered with Toolbar Manager either so I can't hide it from there either.

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

I had that installed, great for managing the parts list in the VAB/SPH but I have not found a way to remove toolbar icons with it. It's not registered with Toolbar Manager either so I can't hide it from there either.

I think he might have meant the Toolbar Controller mod, also by LGG.  Or is that what you meant by "Toolbar Manager"?

Edited by Brigadier

6 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I think he might have meant the Toolbar Controller mod, also by LGG.  Or is that what you meant by "Toolbar Manager"?

Yes I meant Toolbar Controller, my bad ;).

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

It's in the settings menu, just turn off the toolbars.

Ju7AQGc.png

Thanks. I'm just going to blink a few times and ask myself how I missed that..

A Question about Science Relay.

When I transfer science to my orbital station from another ship. The data stays in the Antenna or Dish and I don't get an Option to Research the data in the Mobile Lab which is a part of the station? - Any ideas.

Does the Relay dish have to be attached to the Mobile Lab part or is it okay to be attached to any part of the station? 

VyNDh4V.png

Big ugly box around the stars, which aren't vertical either.

KSP 1.7.1

Tested on a PortraitStats (only) install, no other non-dependency mods.

Edited by tofof
make portraitstats more search-friendly by not hypenating

On 5/24/2019 at 5:12 PM, DMagic said:

It's in the settings menu, just turn off the toolbars.

Ju7AQGc.png

So I just checked on a fresh 1.7.1.02539 +MH +BG installation in a fresh save. That little cog/settings icon really just is not there.

https://imgur.com/212tQKc

Editing the settings.cfg so that disableToolbar is set to true still does not remove the icon from the toolbar.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ou41twn9ebw00sc/output_logCBSE.zip?dl=0

39 minutes ago, DMagic said:

@Jognt I think those settings functions may have migrated to the stock difficulty settings menu at some point. They should be under DMagic Mods, or something like that.

Found it, thanks. Might I suggest renaming the current scary sounding "Disable all Toolbars" to "Show on Toolbar(s)" that defaults to 'On'?

It does show that the ScienceParamModifier/PluginData/ScienceParamSettings.cfg file is either bugged or shouldn't be there though, because adjusting the value in there does not do anything.
In fact, it currently (on my install) has disableToolbar set to True even though I turned it back off a minute ago in the Difficulty menu.

I restarted KSP to doublecheck, the Icon is showing like it should according to the difficulty menu, yet the config CFG itself is still saying it should be hidden. The CFG file modification time says it was modified the first time I turned the toolbar icon off, but it has not been modified after that time even though I turned it back on and off again. (with restarts in between)

Ps. I have to ask.. that "A thing I made :D" link in your signature.. it leads to a "You do not have permission to view this content." page. What secrets does it hold?

Edited by Jognt
Typo

EVA Struts and Kerbnet Controller both seem to work just fine in 1.7.1 and Breaking Ground. I don't see a resize option in Kerbnet Controller but will fully admit I've not used it in years so don't know if that was depreciated or just I don't know how to do it :)

I also don't know (yet) what EVA Struts do when you use robotics. I expect they just keep the robotics from working.

• 3 weeks later...

@Jognt I should have the toolbar disabling function working properly and more clearly explained in the next update.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:41 AM, Jognt said:

What secrets does it hold?

That self-promotion is not allowed on the forums. :D But I leave the link in protest.

@5thHorseman Kerbnet Controller never had a resize option, it just simplifies its usage and has some options make it remember some of your last-used settings. But if you want a map (and mapping system) that isn't garbage, you'll have to use SCANsat.

I would imagine that EVA struts across robotics parts would cause problems. It would be the same as if you strutted across movable parts with regular struts in the VAB (unless something about struts has changed that I don't know about). But with EVA struts you can always just remove and replace them when needed.

Edited by DMagic

6 hours ago, DMagic said:

@Jognt

@5thHorseman Kerbnet Controller never had a resize option, 

I seem to have misunderstood "allows for adjusting the UI scale of the window." In the OP. What does that mean if not the size of the window?

6 hours ago, DMagic said:

I would imagine that EVA struts across robotics parts would cause problems. It would be the same as if you strutted across movable parts with regular struts in the VAB (unless something about struts has changed that I don't know about). But with EVA struts you can always just remove and replace them when needed.

What you call problems I call the reason to use EVA Struts. I want to lock down a robotic setup that would otherwise be wobbly, with the option to later unlock it so it can move.

4 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

I seem to have misunderstood "allows for adjusting the UI scale of the window." In the OP. What does that mean if not the size of the window?

What you call problems I call the reason to use EVA Struts. I want to lock down a robotic setup that would otherwise be wobbly, with the option to later unlock it so it can move.

Several settings were moved to the Difficulty Settings menu, I’m going to guess UI size is one of them ;).

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

That's what happens when you don't look at your own mods for probably years. There should be an option called "Scale" in the stock difficulty settings screen under "DMagic Mods". Unless something has changed, though, this panel might still be bugged to where it is difficult to use in some cases. If it works then it just changes the scale of the entire window; not just the map but labels, buttons, controls, etc...

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

What you call problems I call the reason to use EVA Struts.

I meant cause problems if you try to use the moving parts while the struts are still active, though I'm guessing it would just make them not move.

1 minute ago, DMagic said:

I meant cause problems if you try to use the moving parts while the struts are still active, though I'm guessing it would just make them not move.

Yeah though there will be some flexing at joints as they try to move. No more or less than with stock struts.

I'll look o.k.in The settings again to be sure. I'd ratherit only make the map bigger but I'll take the whole window for sure. That window is so small!

I've not used Scansat in so long I should probably give it another look.

The smaller, "zoom" map in SCANsat has undergone a lot of changes from its original version as just a popout from the regular map:

iuapUTL.png

It also uses a similar map projection as KerbNet does now, it helps to reduce distortion and looks nicer, if you zoom out far enough you can see it:

5oCPTcC.png

Some day I'll look into the new DLC surface sites and how they should be displayed.:D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using EVA Struts in conjunction with KIS (but not KAS) and ReStock (and many other mods but those are the only 2 that I think would affect it) and they're not showing up in R&D or the parts list.

So yeah they're in Utilities not in Structural.

If anybody else wants to move them here's the MM config I used :)

@PART[EVAstrutline]:FINAL
{
	@category = Structural
}

Edited by 5thHorseman

Since I don't think I've posted here, first let me say thanks for all your work, these and other mod work are all key mods in my games and make the play experience much better.

That said, is Science Relay working for 1.71? I just tried to upload a whole series of high-data seismic and sample data to my science space station, but I just checked and none of it arrived. When the mission science director heard that, he collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER- this is a four lander, twelve biome sci-a-palooza and he's spent the last ten years planning it.

Looking to know whether it's just broken for me, or just not working for 1.71 yet. Also, this science station has a series of science modules, but as far as I know the only one that would want data is the Wild Blue Mobile Processing Lab, there's a WB M.O.L.E, and Station Science Zoology Bay and Research Lab, none have data listed in their context menu. How do you handle that case if a single vehicle does say have two MPLs for no sensible reason?

9 hours ago, vossiewulf said:

Since I don't think I've posted here, first let me say thanks for all your work, these and other mod work are all key mods in my games and make the play experience much better.

That said, is Science Relay working for 1.71? I just tried to upload a whole series of high-data seismic and sample data to my science space station, but I just checked and none of it arrived. When the mission science director heard that, he collapsed and had to be rushed to the ER- this is a four lander, twelve biome sci-a-palooza and he's spent the last ten years planning it.

Looking to know whether it's just broken for me, or just not working for 1.71 yet. Also, this science station has a series of science modules, but as far as I know the only one that would want data is the Wild Blue Mobile Processing Lab, there's a WB M.O.L.E, and Station Science Zoology Bay and Research Lab, none have data listed in their context menu. How do you handle that case if a single vehicle does say have two MPLs for no sensible reason?

Science Relay is working fine for me (1.7.2).  Note that it doesn't transfer the science to the lab - it transfers it to the *last* storage science storage container added to the vessel, as far as I can tell.  Check all possible command pods/etc. on the space station - I often find the science in some out of the way probe core or something.  (Especially on a station, where it's usually on something that's docked in.)