[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

3 hours ago, DMagic said:

@Yargnit Modifying them to make the base point movable might be possible, so that you could re-position either end. But allowing for the strut (or fuel pipe) start point to be placed on EVA is way outside the scope of this mod. I don't want to get into spawning new parts, setting joints, etc... And it would require some kind of inventory system, no matter how simple, otherwise you would just be able to infinitely place new struts.

Both mods are compatible with KIS, so they can be placed on EVA using that.

I was actually ok with the infinite ability just to keep it simple, but re-positioning either end would work as well, then I could just ship a craft up with a bunch on it and just move them off as needed.

KIS is just way overblown for just trying to do EVA struts IMO, the whole reason I like your stuff is because it does one thing well, and nothing else. :DKIS does a ton of things (Entire inventory system, tools, etc)

Regardless if this can be done, your work is much appriciated :) 

@davidpsummers It would appear that you don't have the EVA Transfer plugin in your KSP/GameData/EVATransfer folder. If you don't have the plugin it won't work, delete it and reinstall, making sure that the EVATransfer.dll file is present.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:09 AM, DMagic said:

@davidpsummers It would appear that you don't have the EVA Transfer plugin in your KSP/GameData/EVATransfer folder. If you don't have the plugin it won't work, delete it and reinstall, making sure that the EVATransfer.dll file is present.

Thanks.  I was sure I had just dragged and dropped, but I guess not...

• 2 weeks later...

Basic Orbit and Maneuver Node Evolved have both been moved into a new thread along with the new addon Basic DeltaV. This thread was getting a little crowded and some of the addons were outside of it's scope.

The other mods here should be getting updated relatively soon. 

All but Science Relay (should be coming soon, it's just much harder to test) have been updated and are available on SpaceDock (see links at the top of the first post).

Most have just been updated for 1.3 without any visible changes.

EVA Transfer has a bug fixed where the transfer tube end point would not appear at the correct location after loading in some cases.

Flexible Docking has bug fix for certain cases when trying to dock two flexible ports together.

And KerbNet Controller has a new toolbar icon courtesy of @ZobrAA:

PKTUDjI.jpg

Science Relay version 4.0 has been released for KSP 1.3; get it on SpaceDock.

It has localization support added, partly through using stock text where it fits and partly using custom text that is in need of translating. Otherwise it is the same as before.

Anyone wanting to help translating can find the files here.

EBSNIG2.png

On 2017-5-31 at 11:00 AM, DMagic said:

Science Relay version 4.0 has been released for KSP 1.3; get it on SpaceDock.

It has localization support added, partly through using stock text where it fits and partly using custom text that is in need of translating. Otherwise it is the same as before.

Anyone wanting to help translating can find the files here.

EBSNIG2.png

Spanish Translation is here https://github.com/DMagic1/KSP_Science_Relay/pull/1

@Rogirgg Is there a valid vessel to send the data to? What constitutes valid can change based on your settings,  which can be accessed from the stock difficulty settings window.

It also needs a connection to another vessel if CommNet is on. Since Science Relays tracks direct signal connections the stock connection map lines don't necessarily match up with all valid science transmission connections. 

I will have to check into KIS support, it should work, but something in the config might have changed. 

Edited by DMagic

Science Relay Version 4.1 is out; get it on Space Dock.

It contains translations for Spanish by @Deltathiago98, Russian by @KerbOrbiter, and Chinese by SummerFly. There are no other changes.

@KerbMav It's a typo, but in the code not the config file. So I'll just leave it so that existing configs aren't invalidated.

@Rogirgg It looks like there may be a bug with KIS related to any compound parts (struts, fuel lines, EVA struts, etc...). When I try to move a stock strut into a container it fails, but if I attach the part to a vessel in the VAB, then drag it into the container it works, though still with an exception in the log; the part volume is also way too high. I'll ask in the KIS thread about it.

Edited by DMagic

Dmagic, is there any way we could be able to retract the Flexible docking ports after they have docked?  It seems like a great way to dock things together that aren't on level ground but once docked it would be nice to pull the two craft together (assuming they are on wheels).

@Alshain There are a few problems with that idea.

One is that, given the situations the mod is designed for, slightly mismatched vessels on the surface, pulling the two together would likely end up with wonky results that may end up causing problems. Such as, one part of the vessel holding the other up in the air, or part of the vessel being forced into the ground.

Another is that this sort of thing gets into the territory of moving parts like IR. When you do that you have to deal with moving joints around on an existing vessel, trying to account for struts, or autostruts, which are things that I gather are really nasty to deal with. The animation of the docking port extending and retracting doesn't have anything to do with the physical connection between the two vessels, so you could technically retract the port, but you would just end up with a gap between the vessels.

And, also, Flexible Docking ports is extremely finicky, and delicate. I'm always hesitant to try to change things because it will probably break something else. For instance, I have a method for making the ends of the ports able to rotate significantly more than they do, something like ~40o instead of 10-12o like it is now. But when I do it, the math for positioning the flexible docking ports get screwed up and things don't end up in the right place anymore.

Trying to use PortraitStats and not seeing any extended info when hovering over their portraits.

Icons, stars are working, as do the xfr buttons.  Installed through CKAN on Sandbox game.  

Checked the settings file and all show True.

I'm sure I've missed something simple.

Thanks for any help.

Fzzt

On 2015-9-14 at 6:58 PM, Shaymes said:

i have complete to retexture the biosuites to match lovly with the portais stats :)

http://imgur.com/YFYQxc9,cG0nslK#0

YFYQxc9.jpg

cG0nslK.jpg

portais icon and level stars on the helmet http://cloud.directupload.net/19lL

- - - Updated - - -

... since the update of texture replacer the lvl 2 3 4 and 5 stars helmet doesnt work dont know how to fix it

it only works with texture replacer 2.4.6

- - - Updated - - -

here is the bugfix from shaw, so all works fine in texture replacer 2.4.8

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/107471-1-0-4-TextureReplacer-2-4-8-%2813-8-2015%29/page90

@ShaymesThe file you uploaded in http://cloud.directupload.net/19lL has been removed due to inactivity. Could you upload again?

Edited by RSE

Would it be feasible to give the eva-struts an option, once put in place, to "weld" them in place, which really means just replacing them with the stock struts?

Say, you win the lottery for a ticket to Mars, and you'd stop developing the eva-struts, it would give us the ability to convert EVA-struts with regular ones without having to worry about breaking a save when a new version of KSP comes around (or for sharing a "stock only" save).

@Fzzt In sandbox the tooltips don't show at all. The only way to get them on is to enable Kerbal gee force limits. I think the same applies in science mode, but you can also enable experience to make it show up. Since Portrait Stats piggy backs off of the stock tooltip there isn't much that can be done if it isn't shown.

@Kerbart That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how complicated it is to essentially delete one part and replace it with another. I can try to look into it.

Have a look at RoverDude's Konstruction. It has a weldable docking port, which should provide a code basis. You should name them "weldable struts" (now when i think about it more, there is a whole slew of parts that can be permanently welded, though KAS already solved most of it).

5 hours ago, DMagic said:

That's an interesting idea. I'm not sure how complicated it is to essentially delete one part and replace it with another. I can try to look into it.

Given that the geometry remains the same, I hope it's doable. I wouldn't be asking if I thought it was too hard. Then again, nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself :D

Edited by Kerbart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks, need some help with Science Relay.

I'm not getting the Relay-Science icon to appear in the science GUI.

I'm playing KSP 1.3.0 in Career mode at Normal difficulty.

I added Science Relay via CKAN when it posted there after I had been playing my career game for about 2 weeks(Science Relay added after Career Game was already started).

Is there anything I can check in the KSP settings, configs, etc... to determine if something else is effecting Science Relay, perhaps another Mod?

I downloaded the Science Relay mod and compared the file structures against the CKAN install and they match.

@Tuko The icon only appears when there is somewhere to send the science to. Depending on your Science Relay settings (found in the stock difficulty settings panel) this can be limited to vessels with a relay antenna, a science lab, or a crewed science lab, and in all cases it requires that the vessel have a science container of some sort on-board.