[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

On 5/11/2015 at 3:21 AM, DMagic said:

Science Relay: Download Version 6.0

Is it possible/It would be nice
if i could config Stations (MPLs) shown in the Transmit Science-Window.
Only Science-Processing-MPLs with Scientists on Board.
And could hide my ELP-MPLs (Extraplanetary-LaunchPad) with have only Engineers on Board.
Would make massive-spreading Science-Points to Stations much more comfortable.

Just an Idea ;-) (which i have since... release...)

Keep calm and healthy these times...

Edited by Jansn67

17 hours ago, viveleroi said:

I assume this isn't working on 1.9? I installed it, don't see errors, but also don't see the button on the science menu. I can only keep or transmit.

works fine on 1.9.1 check the settings, maybe you selected (Needs Relay Antenna/Crewed Lab) if so you will not be able to transmit science to other ships if they don't have a Relay antenna and/or Science Lab with kerbals in it ,also you need a science storage (command pod,Science Lab etc... anything that can hold science and a connection between them Ship that will be receiving science has to have a Relay antenna and the one sending it has to have a direct antenna ) not just a probe and relay antenna.

Edited by dtoxic

• 2 weeks later...

@DMagic The Sr. flexo port has messed up lighting. It's actually been this way for years, but I saw it recently in a screenshot of a newer version so apparently it's still like this.

Pictured below: Various angles. Standard Sr. port for reference. Sunlight is from directly overhead (midday).

3aeacb34c5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, gamerscircle said:

In regards to "making less history" when this mod is installed, having the option to enable other launch sites is not available.  When you remove the mod is removed, the option comes back.

That means it's working as intended,you only get the parts everything else regarding making history is disabled

On 5/3/2020 at 8:02 AM, dtoxic said:

That means it's working as intended,you only get the parts everything else regarding making history is disabled

I thought that based on what I read on spacedock , that it basically renames the stuff, loads the game and then puts it all back.  I didn't think that would impact the launch sites.

@gamerscircle The alternate launch site assets (the models and textures and so on) are part of the Making History expansion pack, so they are disabled when you prevent the expansion files from loading. I think the same thing happens to the alternate Kerbal suits from MH.

10 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I thought that based on what I read on spacedock , that it basically renames the stuff, loads the game and then puts it all back.  I didn't think that would impact the launch sites.

this is from the op

"It also has the side effect of not allowing launching from the alternate launch sites, as those are a feature of the expansion"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, Sqeep91 said:
Hi @DMagic ,

I would like to send you a translation of ScienceRelai translated into German. But unfortunately can not send you a DM. 

think because i am a new member :)

greetings

Welcome to the forums.  Yes, you're correct.  Post a few more times (is it 5 times?) and that restriction will be lifted.

I'm sure DMagic would take a Pull Request on the GitHub page that's linked in the first post in this thread.  If you don't know how to do that, ask and I'm sure someone will help.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am stupid. EVA struts are not visible when I try to attach them in 1.10. The strut "blocks" are there but when you try to attach them to something the struts themselves are not visible.

I know I had the same problem in 1.9, and there was an easy fix for that. I have no clue what that fix was, and I can't find it. Help!

• 3 months later...

Hey!  I thought I would chime in and say, that I did attempt to use it.. I am able to get the correct buttons, there was a message that said that data was transmitted to the LAB [which was a MPL] it was retextured by Restock, but there was no 'data' when I swapped to the lab.

Edit:  Okay, I did find out that this mod actually does work.  The "LAB" which was a MPL, was not getting the transmitted science, but since there was an obiter docked and there was a couple of command pods, the science was being stored in the pods.

Works! :)  Thank you!

Edited by gamerscircle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...