[1.8.x] DMagic's Modlets - Most KSP 1.8 Updates [10-29-2019]

DMagic

2 minutes ago, ThePhoenixSol said:

anyone know of a way to get science relay working in 1.11?  i cant get it working at all.  im hoping it doesnt need a recompile to work, as i have no idea how to go about that and would love to not need to rely on  someone else for that.

Be patient, give modders a chance to work the problems.

@ThePhoenixSol, Science Relay, V6 in KSP 1.11, I've found this is working OK.

As per DMagic's post on Page 28 of this thread, I found I had to remove CNC / CommNet Constellation to allow this to work.
In my case over-exuberant CKAN'ing can lead to issue, but thought it was worth signing up to mention. :)

On 8/16/2019 at 8:59 PM, DMagic said:

@Atlas Gaming Do you have any mods running that affect the CommNet system? There are a few out there, CommNet Constellation is one, I think there are a few others. They have been known to interact badly with Science Relay in ways that hard to replicate and very strange. You can try turning off the connection requirement for Science Relay, so that you will basically be able to send science results to any active vessel. But there isn't much else to do about it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this up for a question on my YouTube channel and figured I'd post it here. It describes how to first set up Celestial Body Science Editor with Stock values, then how to set Kerbin Landed and Splashed to (very close to) zero science.

First, you need to install Celestial Body Science Editor. Then, start a new save and click CBSE's icon before doing anything else in the game. For every body, click "stock values" because the mod actually gives you more science by default. Once done with that, "Apply Values" and "Save to config." Exit that save.

The good news is, you only have to do all that once. Now your config file is set to Stock, and your new save is also set to stock. Any new saves will also use stock values.

Now to get the Landed/Splashed values low, every time you start a new save you need to start it, then exit out immediately. Then edit the persistent.sfs file for that save and look for "scienceModifierScenario". Go down to

BodyName = Kerbin 

and the line below that, change the next line to:

ParamValues = 0.001,0.001,0.700,0.900,1.000,1.500,1.000,18000.0,250000.0

Those two 0.001's are surface and splashed.

You can NOT change them in the gui, and you can NOT change them in the config. It won't work. Only setting them in the save file will do it. And as a bonus, if you EVER load that gui again it may reset them. Also, you can NOT set them to 0. It causes problems. I don't know what problems, just "problems." :)

• 2 weeks later...

In my case for Science Relay, i had similar problem, but was able to kind of solve it.

When i deployed a small science station around Mun i tried to send science data from a nearby satellite and it didn't work.

So i turned on debug output and found that my station had 0 capacity to receive science (it has MPL lab module) and all science was sent back to original sources (the science parts that generated it).

So i built a second module, launched it on SPH tarmac and tried to send science there and it worked. For unknown reason, my first station simply bugged out. I send an engineer to weld the science box part and it works now.  Strange indeed.

I did poke around in source, recompiled it with referencing KSP 1.11 assemblies and added some debug prints. Turns out finishTransfer() function in ScienceRelay.cs receives the vessel loaded argument as false, then it loops through all available science containers and ultimately fails, causing the "No valid science container for science" to show in  debug log window.

I can try to reproduce the bug, but this may be some edge case.

Edited by fatcargo

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, MadJock said:

Just tried using EVA Transfer in my 1.11 career. Couldn't find the part in the build panel. Anyone know if this will be updated at all or is now redundant?

Works for me, both on 1.11 and 1.11.1

The only confusing thing is that both EVA Transfer and EVA Struts are in the Utility tab,

That's good to know. Did you install it using CKAN or manual? I don't see it in the Utility Tab or even when I use the search option at the top.  Really want to get this working so I can rescue a few stranded Minmus Kerbals. 

Ok, disregard the above. Restarted the game again and it's now appeared and tested working. Woohoo! They shall be saved! Cheers

Edited by MadJock
Typos

6 minutes ago, MadJock said:

That's good to know. Did you install it using CKAN or manual? I don't see it in the Utility Tab or even when I use the search option at the top.  Really want to get this working so I can rescue a few stranded Minmus Kerbals. 

CKAN

But I just remembered, it requires certain science blocks.

Can't remember exactly which ones but they are shown in the science tree.

• 4 months later...

Making Less History, at least for me, is causing the recurrence of a bug that's apparently been around since 1.11:

I really like the making less history mod, but is there any way that it can be fixed so it doesn't cause the extra SAS modes bug? I'm planning on using it as-is, and just not letting myself use modes I shouldn't have, but it's definitely a bug!

Thanks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

For anyone looking for a fix for the missing textures for the FlexoDocking adapters in 1.12, I have a patch here:

The problem happened because Squad moved the old docking port textures into a zDeprecated directory.

Unzip this into you game (it has a GameData in the zip file) and then follow the instructions in the file:

Texture import README.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hndpskc9dficw8/FlexoDocking1.12Patch.zip?dl=0

• 1 month later...

hi! i am using One Window (in 1.12) and it seems to be eating all of my messages :)

i always install One Window in all my play throughs and i don't remember it doing such a thing but i don't remember if there was a setting that i used to set differently or if the mod is bugging out in 1.12 :thinking-face: 

the fact that the mod settings are all icons without tooltips is causing me to get confused so i am not sure if the problem is in the software or between the screen and the chair :)

• 5 months later...

For the EVA Fuel Transfer mod, I added these lines to the part config in order to make it usable with the vanilla inventory system.
It was copied from the vanilla fuel line.

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleCargoPart
        stackableQuantity = 4
        packedVolume = 10
    }

However, I seem to be unable to pick up the transfer line.  Any potential fix?  I don't mind re-writing configs, but I'm not familiar with the structure of them in KSP to figure out a fix on my own.  It only seems to happen after I use the vanilla construction menu.  Before opening it, (using an editor placed part), I was able to pick up the line properly.

Edited by GKSP

Well, it appears Science Relay is finally broken. F to my favourite QoL+utility mod.

As for how: while it was still perfectly functional, it crashes my graphics drivers so hard my PC has to reboot.

Edited by Kowalskicore
Better phrasing.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

For anyone looking for a fix for the missing textures for the FlexoDocking adapters in 1.12, I have a patch here:

The problem happened because Squad moved the old docking port textures into a zDeprecated directory.

Unzip this into you game (it has a GameData in the zip file) and then follow the instructions in the file:

Texture import README.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hndpskc9dficw8/FlexoDocking1.12Patch.zip?dl=0

Any chance of a re-upload on this @linuxgurugamer? Thanks.

For anyone interested, here is a small sound fix for this mod:

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[FlexoTube],!MODULE[DPSoundFX]]:FOR[DPSoundFX]
{
        MODULE
        {
                name = DPSoundFX
                sound_docking = FP_DPSoundFX/Sounds/dock
                sound_undocking = FP_DPSoundFX/Sounds/undock
                internalSoundsOnly = false
        }
}

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/30/2019 at 12:40 AM, DMagic said:

I've updated most of these mods for KSP 1.8. Links can be found in the first post.

Flexible Docking, and One Window have been rebuilt for KSP 1.8 and the Unity update.

EVA Struts, EVA Transfer have been rebuilt and whitelist the stock strut and fuel line parts for Restock support.

KerbNet Controller and Celestial Body Science Editor have been rebuilt and their in game settings menu page has been changed. Instead of being under one "folder" - "DMagic Mods" - they are under their own folder, as too many mods under the same folder could cause problems.

These all seem to be working okay, though they weren't tested extensively. Let me know if there are any problems.

The mods not listed here haven't been updated. Portrait Stats and Science Relay need more fixing. And I haven't gotten around to testing Making Less History. :D

@horngeek It should work, but it won't be able to detect Remote Tech connections. You'll just be able to transfer science to any vessel with a container available. But not in KSP 1.8, because it doesn't work at all in 1.8...

@DMagic  Firstly... Thank you for the work / artistry that All you modders do!  Wish I was that talented.

I quoted the above to show that I did go through the posts to see if my issue was resolved, but i don't see anything.

I'm reinstalling all of my favorite mods after switching to KSP 1.12.4 and I'm on Flexible Docking Mod.  This mod threw out the following errors when installed:

Line  8247: [ERR 09:13:05.850] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model000' to replace with
    Line  8251: [ERR 09:13:05.898] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model000' to replace with
    Line  8253: [ERR 09:13:05.899] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000_1' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortJr/model000' to replace with
    Line  8256: [ERR 09:13:05.906] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPort/model000' to replace with
    Line  8258: [ERR 09:13:05.906] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000_1' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model000' to replace with
    Line  8260: [ERR 09:13:05.906] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model001' as cannot find texture 'Squad/Parts/Utility/dockingPortSr/model000' to replace with

I did see @linuxgurugamer's post where it provides a link to a dropbox file that is no longer available.  The Github link on the subject talks about textures being in the xDeprecated folder, but doesn't really (in my mind) explain how to use this to copy or bring those textures out to where this mod is (or any mod) is looking for them to fix the issue.  Is this just a matter of Copying and renaming the DDS files to model000 or model001 for example to fix these?

UPDATE:  I found that if I copied model000.dds into each of the 3 dockingport folders for squad it fixes the issue.  Since that dds isn't already in those folders for 1.12.4, doing this caused no issues and resolved the above texture issue.

Any and all help is appreciated.   If I missed a post somewhere in my research... I apologize for that, going through 300 different mods and their associated forums for each is a long process and I'm old, so I do miss things at times.

Edited by Xtra

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a nullref sometimes with this mod:

27383 NullReferenceException
27384   at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Transform.SetParent(UnityEngine.Transform,UnityEngine.Transform,bool)
27385   at UnityEngine.Transform.SetParent (UnityEngine.Transform p) [0x00001] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
27386   at OneWindow.OneWindow_Rect+<GetScreenMessageText>d__8.MoveNext () [0x000b6] in <45cdc62073a5427d9aab186cdffe0b6b>:0 
27387   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00026] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 

Full log here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/stsqag4kw74o4kq/AAAMznffUPeJ8-ytDlfc60sea?dl=0

• 1 month later...

I've been a huge fan of these mods for ages.

Would it be a huge effort to have at least One Window use the Blizzy toolbar? I turn that one on and off routinely and it would be tremendously convenient if I didn't have to scroll through the app list to do so.